It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Christian Groups Accuse SpongeBob Of A Homosexual Agenda

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I just wish everyone would leave Spongebob alone. He's a fine sponge and darn good actor to boot!

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I think there is a huge problem with SpongeBob.....maybe we should start looking into the agendas presented within all these "new cartoons." It can't all be good and maybe this Christian group is right......the first name says it all.........."Sponge" is obviously a reference to contraceptives, which is totally inappropriate when you consider the audience.......

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 01:14 AM
link   
What is so disturbing to me is the fact that a single person, Dr. Dodson for example, has the ability to start a domino effect within christian organizations nation wide. Within the last several years I have become intolerant of all the rules church organizations have introduced to keep poor, helpless youth from supporting "the world."
I have been saved by the grace of God now for almost 15 years and was very involved in my Southern Baptist youth group. Our youth director had us all watch a video, which urged us to consider the messages of all our favorite singers and bands. "Even if your favorite artist isn't supporting drug use, talking about sex, or even if there isn't a single cuss word on the whole CD", if the group was not christian than by buying the CD, we were actually supporting the rest of the industry. Over 3/4 of the youth group decided to "turn from evil" and destroy all our non-christian CD's. Well a month later I believe everyone was kicking themselves in the butt, and in my case began buying all the CD's I had destroyed. Therefore, giving the industry 2x the money.
When Abercrombie Fitch released the infamous magazine with naked models the youth could no longer wear any clothing made by AF to any youth trips. The youth leader and myself had a bit of a falling out and I ended up not going to church for about three years. We finally somewhat reconciled and within a month of being back I was invited to go skiing with a group from my church. Everyone paid the same amount without any backing from the church which was cool since we we're all going together to get a better deal. My wife wasn't all into the christian music thing, but her music isn't satanist or evil in anyway. We took the church bus and we were asked to sign a Contract as soon as we got on. Music was on the contract and to make a long story short the youth leader took her CD's. There is just something wrong with a grown man telling another grown woman what she can listen to.
I know this isn't the religion thread, however, I do have a point. I firmly believe in God and his teachings, yet it is hard for me to tell others about God while I'm busy signing a contract, telling a person a "dress code", or telling them what cartoons are acceptable. Christianity is becoming a joke to some and it sucks. I am tired of all the brainwashing and I hope that everyone understands that a personal relationship with Christ dwarfs all this bull crap,

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
ScottyJoe, you are the MAN! Finally, I'm hearing someone say the things about Christianity that I've been hollering about forever!
(Christians MISSING THE DANG POINT)

I don't listen to a lot of Christian music, and why should anyone have to? I don't wanna feel warm and fuzzy inside all the time! Especially if it's for such a synthetic reason! It's almost a form of hypnotism. If it's all you listen to, it's unavoidable. I feel that I'm intellectually, emotionally, and spiritually aware enough, that unfortunately I would realize how false my feelings were when I thought about WHY I felt the way I do after CONSTANTLY saturating myself with OUTSIDE influence. True spirituality comes from within.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I guess we now know what ole' Bob is up to in his pineapple under the sea...

I don't even know what to say in response to this, except perhaps Mr. Dobson gets an uncomfortable warm and tingly feeling watching Mr. Squarepants in his new video.

The question that we should be asking is not if a cartoon sea sponge that doesn't even possess genitalia is gay, but for the motivation behind Mr. Dobsons peculiar obsession with homosexuality. Is this disparagement of homosexuals and cartoon characters just a healthy desire to spread hate and intolerance or something more insidious--like a subconscious desire for some sponge-lovin'?

Perhaps if Mr. Dobson wasn't so frustrated supressing his true nature (or just sexuality in general), he wouldn't read innuendo into innocent cartoon characters like Squidward Testicles uuuh, Tenticles... ... the nasty Mr. Krabs.. and the pink, chubby, projectile of a pal, Patrick Star... and last butt not least, Sandy Cheeks.... and they all live in someone's Bikini Bottom....

Ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous.

www.nick.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Spongebob, love that show. When at hospital for car accident it was on, that and Dora the Explorer.

Anyways, Japanese Anime is great, most of them. I like Bebop and Kenshin, Full Metal Alchemist took a little bit to get use to, Read or Die was great, but Pokemon, Yu Gi Oh, the little kid stuff sucks. Of course, if you ever watch the actual japanese versions of the former shows, they even better. Hell, Sailor Moon japanese original is great. Or you have Korean Anime like the Dragon Ball series(Original, Z, GT) and other Funimation shows like Yu-Yu-Hakuso are pretty good to, originals, not american edit.

Anyways, I was always wondering about Fred and Barney. The whole "Little Buddy" thing seemed strange. But Sandy on Spongebob? hubba hubba, Spongebob is lucky she even pays attention to him.(That is a joke, she is a squirrel, and a cartoon)

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by scottyjoe3340
We finally somewhat reconciled and within a month of being back I was invited to go skiing with a group from my church. Everyone paid the same amount without any backing from the church which was cool since we we're all going together to get a better deal. My wife wasn't all into the christian music thing, but her music isn't satanist or evil in anyway. We took the church bus and we were asked to sign a Contract as soon as we got on. Music was on the contract and to make a long story short the youth leader took her CD's. There is just something wrong with a grown man telling another grown woman what she can listen to.

the difference between you and me is I would have told them to give me my CD's back or give me my money right then and there and gotten off the bus. And believe me they would have done one or the other ---

When I was younger (which I am assuming that you and your wfe are) I may have not said anything-- but as I have gotten older and crankier I have learned to stand up for myself. I would have agreed not to play the music if they objected to it -- but DO NOT take anything that I bought and paid for. And if you can't agree to that then I don't care if they had to take up a collection I would not have left the bus until I had my money and the bus would not have gone anywhere without me having my CD's or my money.

Ok -- can you tell I am back into cranky mode tonight.

Actually I want to make it clear that I would have started out very politely but it may not have ended up that way.

jm

OOps -- edited to bring it back onto the subject --- I really think some people have waaaay to much time on their hands if they can be watching all these programs and coming up with a homosexual agenda in them. Or maybe they only see what is a part of themselves that they are so busy denying....... I've personally always thought that the more homophobic people are the more worried they are about their own sexuality.

[edit on 22-1-2005 by justme1640]

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 04:23 AM
link   
What about Batman and Robin, Superman and Superboy, i know a Gay Couple Roland and Wesley can you believe it...
I think enough is enough..

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asteroid
What about Batman and Robin, Superman and Superboy...

Batman and Robin had a father-son relationship. Robin was the apprentice, and Batman was the master (of crime-fighting). There was never any sexual overtones to the duo. That idea was totally fabricated by the same types of people who just decided that SpongeBob Squarepants is gay.

Superman and Superboy had a big brother-little brother relationship. (Superboy was an attempt by LexCorp to clone a Superman, with accelerated growth, for their own purposes. Lex Luthor didn't expect this clone to join the side of the good guys, though.)

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
For those of you ignoramuses that are intent on propagating ignorance: the site for WAFF, which distributes the homosexual propaganda video, is one and the same that has a "tolerance pledge" and other pro-homosexual items on the agenda. It is an agenda; and it is scary. From a freeper post:

It is as unprecedented as it is cunning, using all the right words and happiest faces in an attempt to speak directly to the nation's children about "tolerance and diversity." Once again, of course, those ideas include homosexual advocacy.

On November 10, 2004, a video remake of the song, "We Are Family," was created using the voices and images of over 100 beloved children's TV characters. On March 11, 2005, the video performance will air simultaneously on the Disney Channel, Nickelodeon and PBS. A similar video aired on those networks in 2002. (See earlier story)

The nation's children will be all too familiar with the characters on the video, incuding those from Arthur, Barney, Blue's Clues, Bob the Builder, The Book of Pooh, Clifford the Big Red Dog, Dora the Explorer, Jimmy Neutron, Kim Possible, Lilo & Stitch: The Series, Little Mermaid, Madeline, The Magic School Bus, The Muppet Show, Rugrats, Sesame Street and SpongeBob SquarePants.

Also in March, the DVD of the song will be distributed to 61,000 public and private elementary schools across the country. It will be accompanied by a teacher's guide, designed by the Anti-Defamation League (ADL), a group that, among other things, promotes the normalization of homosexuality.

Driving the project is the We Are Family Foundation (WAFF), which states on its website that the song was remixed "to speak the message of diversity and tolerance to elementary school children nationwide."

On the surface, the project may appear to be a worthwhile attempt to foster greater understanding of cultural differences among all Americans. However, a short step beneath the surface reveals that one of the differences being celebrated is homosexuality.

WAFF was founded as a non-profit organization in 2002 by Nile Rodgers, who wrote the song "We Are Family" with his late music partner, Bernard Edwards. The WAFF site says that the group "celebrates our common humanity and the vision of a global family ...."

The website is filled with pro-homosexual materials. A "Tolerance Pledge," for example, created by Tolerance.org, part of the leftist Southern Poverty Law Center, encourages signees to pledge respect for homosexuals and work against "ignorance, insensitivity and bigotry."

Most Christians are now aware of what those code words mean, said American Family Association chairman Don Wildmon. "If you are a person who accepts the homosexual lifestyle, then you are tolerant," he said. "If you don't, then you are a bigot who is motivated by ignorance and hate."

One of the teacher's guides available online at the WAFF website is called "Writing for Change: Raising Awareness of Difference, Power, & Discrimination." Full of politically correct lessons on feminism, it is also a primer for teachers who want to indoctrinate children regarding sexual orientation issues.

Lessons include such topics as "Talking About Being 'Out'" and "Uncovering Attitudes About Sexual Orientation." In these lesson plans, teachers are taught how to introduce students to "the concepts of homophobia and compulsory heterosexuality."

According to the teacher's guide, children should be taught to reject the idea "that women are 'naturally' or innately drawn sexually and emotionally toward men, and men toward women," or that heterosexuality is normal and should be the only model for marriage.

Students are expected to be influenced by the lesson plans. One of the follow-up questions asks the kids: "How will understanding these definitions change your thinking about compulsory heterosexuality and homophobia?"

The ADL has partnered with WAFF on the "We Are Family" project in other ways. The WAFF site includes the ADL's pamphlet, "Close the Book on Hate," a diversity tome that normalizes homosexuality. It also contains a reading list for children and adults that includes such homosexual favorites as Daddy's Roommate, Growing Up Gay, Heather Has Two Mommies, Is It a Choice?, Two Teenagers in Twenty, and What If Someone I Know Is Gay?

Wildmon said it is difficult taking a stand against such projects. "Nobody I know has a problem with teaching children to be respectful and tolerant. It is wrong, however, to use such concepts to open the door to a secondary discussion about a controversial subject like homosexuality," he said.

For those people who find it difficult to understand AFA's objection, Wildmon said they should imagine a scenario in which the shoe is on the other foot. "What if these television characters were singing about personality, but then when children went to the website, or when the teacher opened up the accompanying lesson plan, the topic was Christianity?" he said. "A lot of people would be angry with that kind of approach. And that's why many Christians will be upset with the strategy taken by the We Are Family Foundation."

While the March launch of the school project was still a couple of months away, Wildmon advised parents to be on the lookout to see if the DVD, teacher's guide, and other WAFF materials find their way into their local schools.
------------------------------------------------------------
Before somebody gets their panties bunched up, I called as ignoramuses those who spread misinformation saying that it has nothing to do with homosexuality, when the facts are that it does. Knowingly spreading falsehoods it against the rules of this message forum, let me remind you. So let's stop the misinformation campaign right here because I'm tired of it on message boards and tired of it in public schools, and tired of it by the media and hollywood hotair balloons.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
So GetItRight, you propose we should stop all attempts to teach tolerance of people who are different right? Including people who are attracted to the same sex because its not "Natural"? Well let me tell you something, in every generation there are Fads and Trends. Fashion Trends are relatively Harmless however Moral Trends like the one being perpetrated against a very tiny minorty right now can very very dangerous and has a tendancy to become a slippery slope(Salem Witch Trials anyone
) . Here are the reasons why Christians HATE Gays(even though they say they love them, Actions speak louder then words....). 1. The Bible says its wrong so thus 2. Its unnatural. You can't argue with that Kung-fu logic
Why? Because it stifles debate by making a broad sweeping statment like that. You cannot argue against "Holy" Dogma with these people, they no not how irrational they are being.

As for Spongebob promoting a Homo agenda(which is to become accepted memebers of society and to stop being ostrasized) the show may be guilty of such but they are presenting it in a way that does not make it obvious and you can apply the message to anything really. Tolerance of Religion comes to mind, as does Tolerance of Race. Tolerance of Sexuality is just the next step but from everything I have heard is that there is only a slim connection between the Video and the Pledge which is only present on the website, and really just how many people are going to visit the website anyway besides "concerned" christian parents. Cmon, we got alot more problems in the world we don't need to be making these people feel like more of an underclass then they already are, sure some of them make alot of money but the rest are just like you and me living day by day, paycheck by paycheck trying to live THIER life and no one has the right to say differently as they are not hurting anyone. If they want to spread Tolerance I support it wholeheartedly. It's not like they are trying to turn thier children gay or anything. BTW No one on this thread is knowingly spreading disinformation.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by GetItRight
Before somebody gets their panties bunched up, I called as ignoramuses those who spread misinformation saying that it has nothing to do with homosexuality, when the facts are that it does. Knowingly spreading falsehoods it against the rules of this message forum, let me remind you. So let's stop the misinformation campaign right here because I'm tired of it on message boards and tired of it in public schools, and tired of it by the media and hollywood hotair balloons.

Ugh--this is such propaganda.

First off, Tolerance.org deals with all discrimination issues--race, gender, nationality, disabilities and lifestyle. Why conservative Christians have singled out Spongebob as being a homosexual is a little strange. They could have easily said that he was a moron and not a good role model as opposed to calling him gay.

I doubt that any of these people have ever watched Spongebob Squarepants. There isn't anything remotely sexual in the content--and a little boy or girl isn't going to become homosexual by watching a sponge in overalls holding hands with a starfish.

As far as the organization's endeavor to teach tolerance, why is that a bad thing? This is not teaching kids to live an alternative lifestyle--it is teaching kids to not think less of people who are of the opposite sex, who are a different race, who come from a different place, who aren't as able, and who have a different lifestyle--is that wrong? Apparently, fundamentalist Christians think it is--but then again, elitism is part of being a Christian (ie: If you aren't a Christian like me, you are a heathen that will burn in hell.)

Using words like "this is an attempt to normalize homosexuality"--what exactly does that mean? Is a statement like that advocating treating homosexuals as outcasts? Should we stone them in the streets? Should children be taught to ridicule them and beat them up? Should laws be passed to forbid homosexual behavior?

I think that Christians need to get it through their heads that although they may be the majority at the moment, they cannot dictate lifestyle. They need to be tolerant of all Americans, and teach their children to be that way also. This doesn't mean that they need to practice these lifestyles--it means that they can't persecute others.

By getting involved in politics, the message that fundamentalist Christians have been sending to their kids is that it is okay to think of homosexuals, single mothers, and anyone who is not Christian as less of a person and not entitled to equal rights. I don't have to tell you how dangerous this kind of thinking is.

ALL children--including Christian children, should learn about how other people and be tolerant. The tolerance pledge isn't teaching kids to be homosexual--here are the words:

Tolerance is a personal decision that comes from a belief that every person is a treasure. I believe that America's diversity is its strength. I also recognize that ignorance, insensitivity and bigotry can turn that diversity into a source of prejudice and discrimination.

To help keep diversity a wellspring of strength and make America a better place for all, I pledge to have respect for people whose abilities, beliefs, culture, race, sexual identity or other characteristics are different from my own.

Where in the tolerance pledge is anything that will make your kid "go gay"? I really don't think that respecting people's differences is a horrible thing for kids to learn.

Perhaps in the bible belt everyone is the same, but in NYC, it is common for kids to have same-sex parents, to come from racially-mixed backgrounds, and to have diverse religious beliefs. It is important for children to learn to be tolerant at a young age so they don't grow up to be bigoted fools that go out and join the KKK or beat up gay guys just for kicks.

What I really don't get is that Christian parents want their kids to grow up to be elitist. They would rather that their kid become a jerk who thinks that people who are different are going to burn in hell anyway, so it doesn't matter if you treat them like animals--which doesn't seem very Christian to me.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Perhaps in the bible belt everyone is the same, but in NYC, it is common for kids to have same-sex parents, to come from racially-mixed backgrounds, and to have diverse religious beliefs. It is important for children to learn to be tolerant at a young age so they don't grow up to be bigoted fools that go out and join the KKK or beat up gay guys just for kicks.

Right.
Look guys, if you want to be a fundamentalist Christian, who spends more time thinking about the negative consequences of the after-life, and FEARING God, rather than loving him, let me just reiterate the consequences of that logic stated above, that will take place in THIS world, making it much worse for everyone involved. That kind of thinking creates an atmosphere that divides the people. The haves, and the have-nots...the saved, and the shunned. The loved, and the hated. The normal, and the different. The resurrected, and the eternally damned.
What is the result of this division?
For many fundamentalists that I personally know, it becomes an issue of worthiness in need. In the sub-conscious it creates the idea that those who are different are not worth helping anyways, because God isn't going to forgive them when they die anyways. Well, folks! If you THINK that God is really like that, then here's your chance to be better than him, and it's not hard. Treat them like normal human beings, because that's what they are. There are still old farts running around who will NEVER be convinced that blacks are just as human as the rest of us. WHY!? I have no answer for that. But we've grown, and learned as a society that things are much different than we as humans thought they were in the 1800's.
When are we ALL going to realize that NONE OF US ASKED TO BE HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE. I don't recall being asked if I'd like to exist. I'm sure none of you do either. I don't recall deciding if I was going to be black or white. I don't remember the choice being placed in front of me as to whether I would be attracted to men, or women.
Without my consent, or your consent, we were all thrust onto this spinning blue ball out in the middle of nowhere, and we were all thrown here TOGETHER. That, in and of itself leads me to the philosphical conclusion that we have a cosmic RESPONSIBILITY to figure out how to get along whether we like it or not. It already sucks enough as it is to know that we're all going to die, and that is the ONE THING that we have no control over. However, what we DO have control over, is how happy the folks around us will be depending on how we treat eachother while we're stuck here. Not because of a fear of Hell over heaven, but because THAT, my friends...is simply the RIGHT THING TO DO.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Sponge Bob is cool......... Stupid Christians just have homophobia!

I think it funny how christians look for little erotic innuendo's that don't really exist.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Here is an interesting Op/Ed on the subject:

SpongeBob, Evil Gay Heathen
How sad to be a right-wing Christian in a world full of homo cartoons and scary nipples

And oh my God, you think, how these people's lives must be one screaming firehose of inexorable, nipple-torquing, kidney-stabbing pain. I mean, really.
Because then you read about how James Dobson, the cute little founder of the cute little ultraconservative rabidly Christian happily neo-homophobic Focus on the Family, actually stood up and proclaimed, to the media, to the world, with a straight face, with no sense of irony or shuddering humiliation or an overpowering sense that he was, in fact, contributing quite nicely to the overall violent oatmealy ignorance of the planet, came right out and announced that the wildly popular and much-loved SpongeBob Squarepants cartoon character is, actually and truly, probably gay.

And therefore, of course, SpongeBob is a dire threat to all childrenkind and must be avoided at all costs lest the wee ones watch the cartoons and become overwhelmed with a mad desire to wax their chests and buy a new Miata and drink cocktails made with lemonade. More or less.

sfgate.com...

[edit on 1/26/05 by FredT]

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I think the following comment made by Archbishop Celestino Migliore, Holy See permanent observer to the United Nations, during the commemoration of 60th anniversary of the liberation of Nazi concentration camps by allied troops sums up the dangers of James Dobson & intolerence best....

"Today we contemplate the consequences of intolerance, as we recall all those ... considered unfit for society - the Jews, the Slavonic peoples, the Roma people, the disabled, homosexuals, among others - (who) were marked for extermination."

And this quote is made by a Catholic Vatican official. Archibishop Migliore is not telling Catholics to go out a be gay--he is telling people to tolerate others who are different to prevent persecution and genocide. On the other hand, Dobson is clearly teaching children that tolerating homosexuality is wrong. I'm sure Mr. Dobson is an intelligent man and he must realize what happens when you insinuate that a segment of society is immoral and a threat to young children.

Considering that James Dobson is the most powerful social conservative in the Republican party, the Bush administration engages in the unethical practice of paying journalists to promote the anti-gay marriage amendment, and most recently, Bush-appointee, education secretary Margaret Spellings publicly condemned a PBS children's special that included a lesbian couple amongst its cast of characters, it seems that Bush has singled out homosexuality as a target for intolerance. Surely these so-called religious fundamentalists must realize that they are teaching kids that homosexuals are "unfit for society" --does extermination come next?

www.vatican.va...
www.nytimes.com...
www.washingtonpost.com...
www.family.org...

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by PistolPete
Groups like this are why all Christians, even if many don't follow their beliefs, are labeled as "intolerant fundamentalists". They really are their own worst enemy. They preach to the choir and just look silly to the people that they're trying to attract or win over.

hmmm... hate to say it, but many liberal groups do this as well.

Originally posted by sardion2000
This has to go under the category of "Ummm Okaaaay.."
Why is Tolerance the villian these days, why oh why do these fundamentalist.....zealots want to return America to the "Good 'ole Days" when anyone who was different was persecuted. What can they actually do? Can they get the show banned? I should hope not, because as the article said Tolerance is not preached on the show at all and Infact according to the producers and creators of the show is just a Big misunderstanding. The article closed off with this quote that I found quite amusing.

"We see the video as an insidious means by which the organization is manipulating and potentially brainwashing kids," he said. "It is a classic bait and switch."

I'm sure they know all about Bait and Switch tactics along with brainwashing kids....
Why Is fundamentalist thinking on the rise world-wide nowadays? In almost every religion people are seemingly going insane, what is up.

I love how you all preach tolerance, but you are completely intolerant of these conservatives' beliefs. If they want to be intollerant, that's their choice, just like it's spike's choice to be gay.

Yet, you all scream and yell if the conservatives say he's evil because the conservatives are not tollerating his choices and beliefs, but if he says they're evil, you back him (and are in essence being INTOLLERANT of the conservatives choices and beliefs)... I think it has to be a two way street.

There's no two ways about this... you can either preach tollerance for ALL (not just those on your side), or shut up. (and that includes tolerating conservatives with outlandish beliefs... nobody's denouncing your hippie, latte' drinkin', Atkins dieting, lemming way of life... see how it feels?) (and yes, that last comment was a joke, not serious).

[edit on 26-1-2005 by Greyhaven7]

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Update: Creator: SpongeBob is Asexual

SpongeBob SquarePants, the wacky cartoon character who sparked a gay alert warning by U.S. Christian conservative groups, is neither gay nor straight

He is asexual, says his creator.
Asexual

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   
thank you!!!!!
spongebob is a cartoon!!!! a cartoon!!!!!!!
falwell thinks everone is homosexual!
i LOVE spongebob(although i don't let my 4 year ld watch it because of some adult themes)

long live nickelodeon!!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Greyhaven7, I was directing that comment to ALL religions in general. You have to admit they are getting rather extreme nowadays(What with 911 and Oklahoma to name just a couple). I have problems when self-rightous minorities trying to impress thier views and opinions on people to advance an adgenda, allthough you will probably saying I'm trying to do the same thing, well ya know what? I'm not, those people can believe whatever they want to believe but when they start to publicly advocate intolerance and ignorance then I have a problem with that, remember Jew's weren't the only ones sent to the Death camps Gays were amoung them too, whats next the fight against crippled rights?
For every generation there are Fashion Trends and Moral Trends, Fashion trends go away then come back much like Moral trend do, unfortunately Moral Trends tend to be a bit more dangerous then the Fashion ones(well depending on where you live
) Try to preach that the Sun was the center of the Solar system 400-500 years ago and youd get yourself into big trouble. Why? Because they were ignorant to how things really were. How does this fit in with the issue at hand? Well simple, the fight against gay rights is so reminicient of the fight against segregation that to me it smells of a plot to turn back the clock to the "Good ole Days" of segragation, maybe even more....

BUT GUESS WHAT! It will never work in the long run, because people who are against ignorance will always fight back if the truth is attacked by fallacies, plain and simple. In the end Logic and Reason will win over Bait and Switch attacks, and attempts to cloud the issue by planting seeds of doubt(by inserting a lie into a bunch of truth to make the lie seem more true, It may fool some people but it doesn't fool me and I will always speak out against it but will I try to make you believe as I do no because If you believe in God I cannot convince you He doesn't exist because I am an Athiest, your free to believe just not impress them on anyone else, thats how I do things
Fundamentalists(ALL of them) should try to act as I do but will they? No because thier Religion requires them to try to "Convert" the Non-Believer. Trust me those jokers knock on my door once a season, I know thier tactics

What makes them so insecure in thier beliefs that they have to attack others with different beliefs(in this case the fact that the SpongeBob trademark may be connected to a pro-homosexuality pledge). I do not instigate such things, I retaliate yes and that is not a good thing. It's something I need to improve in my self as I alway try to practice what I preach.

nobody's denouncing your hippie, latte' drinkin', Atkins dieting, lemming way of life... see how it feels?)

Umm you new here?
ALL THE TIME! Allthough I'm not a "hippie" I'm not nearly old enough for that and actually I consider my self more "Libertarian" now then anything else. Allthough I vote "Green"

[edit on 28-1-2005 by sardion2000]

[edit on 28-1-2005 by sardion2000]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join