It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

63 neglected cats discovered during traffic stop

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Police stop woman at a traffic stop and find neglected cats in the back of the van. She was charged with multiple counts of animal cruelty and could face prison time.

ROSWELL, New Mexico (AP) -- A routine traffic stop Wednesday led to the discovery of more than 60 sick and hungry cats in the back of a moving van driven by a 71-year-old woman.

www.cnn.com...

It makes you wonder what kind of people could have so many animals, and then treat them so badly.There must have been someone who knew her, and about the cats, why do people not get involved?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I dunno, something tells me the lady in question is one of those folks that collects so many cats out of pity and loneliness that they can't afford to feed and care for them all, and then you get a situation like this. Pretty common news story actually. The cats were probably all starving strays to begin with, and the old lady's probably missing a few marbles.

From the article
Mary Jane Lyle pleaded not guilty to multiple counts of animal cruelty at a court appearance. She was being held in a Chaves County detention center.

If prosecuted, the charges carry possible prison time.
I think prison time would be a little harsh for this "crime", especially considering the age of the "offender".

The look on this cat's face says it all. "Now that was the best meal of my life."

[edit on 2005/1/20 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I was reading in my hometown newspaper a couple of weeks ago.... a lady was arrested for having 36 dogs in her house... 6 of them were dead.

I'll try to find the article.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
It just hit me...

this traffic stop took place in Roswell....

maybe she was collecting the cats and taking them to 51 to feed the greys...

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
It just hit me...

this traffic stop took place in Roswell....

Don't be silly...it must have been for the reptilians!

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
My father was a letter carrier for years and he told me about an old lady on his route that had more than 50 cats running around (he said he had to hold his breath passing the place due to the smell). In my neighborhood, there are a couple of old ladies and my area is infested with cats. They just keep feeding the cats. Though, I have lived here for about eight years I have never seen a mouse or rat (poonchang!). However, in the last year a solitary mouse moved in with me. I pity him. A survivor among all these enemies. What's up with old ladies and all their cats?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Don't be silly...it must have been for the reptilians!

You guys have it all wrong. Aliens are interested in cows, not cats...oh, and anal probes.

In fact, I wonder if one day the aliens will get bored and start turning the humans inside out and anal probing the cows. Just to spice things up a little.

Originally posted by Poonchang
What's up with old ladies and all their cats?

When you yourself are old, smell like urine from 10 paces, and can't stop telling people about how all you had was the Internet when you were young, then, my young Padawan, shall you be lonely enough to know.

[edit on 2005/1/20 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   
If she would have been more than 30yrs younger, I was gonna suggest the death sentence for her,
When will you all learn the cats are the ones in control, and I shall carry out the master plan of enslaving humanity and making you all work in the KittyLitter mines.

I'm only joking about the kittylitter mines, but I would have suggested the death sentence had she been 30 or more years younger.

[edit on 1/20/2005 by iori_komei]

new topics

top topics

join