It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louisiana Doesn't Need My Distractions

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Why should I care what the governor said?

I called it that on my own. I am free to do so.
edit on 21-8-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Why should I care what the governor said?

I called it that on my own. I am free to do so.

Yes you are free to remain ignorant on this event and ignore the voices of the people on the ground.
We agree there.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

No your not. Not even close. As you ignore everything everyone has pointed out. At this point it's clear that you have no desire to apply reason, nor the humility to accept clear proofs counter to the story you're trying to push. You clearly have an agenda, are far from objective, and this argument is pointless.

Any semi reasonable person reading the exchange between you and all of us here will at this point clearly see that you're in the wrong. Any damage spreading your silly point of view might have caused has by now been fully and completely countered and thoroughly debunked. There's no point continuing this discussion as we've covered everything. It will just be a record repeating.

I'm satisfied that anyone who's not your clone will be unswayed by your bizarre views on this as well as your complete refusal to accept the full objective truths of this matter, instead seeing only the small picture and pretending your seeing the bigger one.

So let's agree to disagree and let our arguments from before speak for themselves. I'm confident we rational reasonable people win this debate by a large margin myself.
edit on 8/21/2016 by Puppylove because: grammar and spelling

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Ignorant about what?

Trump visited brought a trailer full if goods and whatever non material stuff you want to add to that.

I say, so what. This isn't because I ignore what happened.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

And I think reasonable people reading our exchange will see that you don't need to fawn over or exaggerate a persons actions to accept that they contributed.

Also, that it is an honest person who can say "don't exaggerate, that was only a drop in the bucket".

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

And I think reasonable people reading our exchange will see that you don't need to fawn over or exaggerate a persons actions to accept that they contributed.

Also, that it is an honest person who can say "don't exaggerate, that was only a drop in the bucket".

Reasonable people seem to really appreciate what Trump did.
You might like to try being reasonable, because your points so far have been completely nonsensical.
I hate to break it to you.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

That is your opinion.

One trailer full of goods doesn't compare to all the goods shipped to help out. The amount of time Trump spent helping doesn't compare to all the man-hours put in. That is the simple truth.

Why does that not make sense to you?

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

And the record repeats, this conversation has happened before. Seriously let's walk away. It's been explained. Both sides have already given our views on this exact thing, I think one page ago. Drop it, move on.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Nucleardoom

I couldn't care less about what hillary does, but with Obama it's different. As when he uses an airport it has to be shut down. Which I'm guessing would be rather expensive to make happen on short notice. Not to mention the security and logistics involved as well. Regardless of that he has done everything he could do. (which is much more than trump is capable of mind you) Without actually showing up and giving a speech.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

This gets repeated all the time. We have not said anything that wasn't said yesterday.

Nobody is keeping you from just walking away. Heck, nobody was even talking to you when you decided to reply to my post to Khaleesi.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: StallionDuck

Your boy Trump showed up today. How did he improve the conditions of anyone? Did he go all Corey Booker and roll up his sleeves and actually do something? Did he release any federal aid? Did this publicity stunt include a fundraiser — if it did, don't worry, you'll get that money eventually! It's on it's way, promise.

Maybe the entire world should stop in for a photo op just to say, "I was there!"

Landrieu: ‘I Want To Thank Mr. Trump for Coming to Louisiana,’ ‘I Hope’ Clinton and Obama Will Visit

www.google.com... visit/amp/?client=ms-android-verizon

Come on now guys it's not fair to hold Democrats by their own standards.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

This gets repeated all the time. We have not said anything that wasn't said yesterday.

Nobody is keeping you from just walking away. Heck, nobody was even talking to you when you decided to reply to my post to Khaleesi.

I think we can just all move on , comfortable in the knowledge that Trump did a very creditable thing, for which he has been rightly praised. Let's hope Obama can learn from this for the last few months of his Presidency.
There will always be those that have trouble giving others credit. Those type of people are not important in the wider context of helping the people of Louisiana. Ultimately it is their opinion that counts and the vast majority I saw were delighted Trump took the time to come and understood the importance. I think we'll let their views prevail.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I'm talking one to three pages ago, not even yesterday, but today. With the same people he already answered you. Fine go ahead, keep making this conversation about you trying to push your Trump didn't help for # silly agenda. Enjoy it.

I get your game now. Just repeat the same # til people say # it and move on in disgust, leaving nothing but your BS at the end of the day.

I think we've side tracked this enough with this #. Let's make it about the people in Louisiana again and drop it.

I will, I'm out this time completely. I'm just asking one more time for decencies sake WE have both derailed this enough over this.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

I'm talking one to three pages ago, not even yesterday, but today. With the same people he already answered you. Fine go ahead, keep making this conversation about you trying to push your Trump didn't help for # silly agenda. Enjoy it.

I get your game now. Just repeat the same # til people say # it and move on in disgust, leaving nothing but your BS at the end of the day.

I think we've side tracked this enough with this #. Let's make it about the people in Louisiana again and drop it.

I will, I'm out this time completely. I'm just asking one more time for decencies sake WE have both derailed this enough over this.

Well said

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I have no trouble giving credit but some give more credit than is due.

Here is someone's else's view:

Jacqueline DeLatte, 30, who was picking up a box of food for “everybody I know, who lost everything they have,” said Mr. Obama should have come to Louisiana by now, and thought it inexcusable that he had not. This did not, however, leave her receptive to Mr. Trump’s visit.

“He’s just trying to show off, honestly,” she said. “He’s just here to see what votes he can get.”

NY Times
Opinions, what are you going to do?

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Obama doesn't need to go there in person to send aid - Seems to me New Orleans was left to become a catastrophe as well. Hillary is also a waste of breath. Speaks volumes for what these people are as characters (saying it kindly), lol.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I was trying to make it about the people all along and not who did and didn't show up.

Kinda hard when the thread is about the politicians who did and didn't show up.

At least I was able to state over and over how the big names that did and didn't show up don't mean as much as the people who where there before and remained after any VIP.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I have no trouble giving credit but some give more credit than is due.

Here is someone's else's view:

Jacqueline DeLatte, 30, who was picking up a box of food for “everybody I know, who lost everything they have,” said Mr. Obama should have come to Louisiana by now, and thought it inexcusable that he had not. This did not, however, leave her receptive to Mr. Trump’s visit.

“He’s just trying to show off, honestly,” she said. “He’s just here to see what votes he can get.”

NY Times
Opinions, what are you going to do?

Even the article you posted clearly states that the crowd were supportive of him. Even the person your quoted was supportive of him.
You've now proved you are also disingenuous.

I am not going to get into posting quotes with you as I know full well what i saw and heard from the people of Louisiana on the day and what I have heard since.

The fact you are even arguing that point confirms you have no credibility.

In fact, I am utterly bored of you. Bye.

edit on 21/8/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I didn't say otherwise. I posted an opposing
opinion to show that they exist, even on the ground level.

Talk about being dismissive.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

That would have better been argued by saying "I personally have more respect for the people actually there working everyday out of a sense of community and out of the kindness of their hearts than the politician who's probably there to garner votes and move on. I think we should focus on those people and their contribution." Subjectively true. Which is what your opinion is, not objectively. A subjective opinion I actually share.

You'd have gotten a lot less arguments there.

But that's not what you did.

Instead your whole thing was about Trumps contribution not really helping and being insignificant in comparison to the above mentioned people which is objectively false as some of the people doing those things we both respect more are there due to Trumps actions. Your entire argument wasn't about giving more respect to those giving it all, but to instead discount the contributions that objectively make a big difference and help. To discount all the help gained by Trumps pandering by making it about the pandering and discounting the help gained by it.

If your argument is that the people there giving it their all deserve more respect than Trump, we're on the same page.

If your argument is that Trump didn't do # to help. Your simply wrong. They deserve more respect as it takes more of their effort, but they are not doing more to help. Trumps actions cause more help than I could if I went there and worked myself to the bone. I'd deserve more respect but he still did more. Especially if I did so because thanks to Trump I now know about it.

Bah, I continued this #, now I'm a liar... great... whatever, needed to be said, as it seems we finally got to the crux of the matter. I see where the disconnect actually is.
edit on 8/21/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join