It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louisiana Doesn't Need My Distractions

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
Your first post there not admitting to what Trump did being a good thing. Still one hundred percent negative. Not sure how that helps you.

First post is saying it was a photo op. Pretty neutral. Subjectively attaching 100% negativity is your doing.

Yeah some. Is not exactly and endorsement is it?

"Yeah" means yes so it is an acknowledgment. At this point in the thread I will repeat what I have said all along. What Trump did was pretty insignificant in comparison to everything that was done.

Try this, say. "What Trump did was a good thing and the right thing to do. It helped a lot of people." Say it with no buts, no, BS. That would be admitting Trump did the right thing and helped people.

No, it wouldn't be true. What he did was a good thing but it only helped a few people. Why do you need to blow it up into something bigger?

It means you don't actually mean it.

Take it however you want but that is on you not on what I meant.
edit on 21-8-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

originally posted by: UKTruth
He knows he made an idiot of himself in front of his own state... not he has to back down and admit Trump lead the way.

It's this idolization that makes me go, "WHAT???"

ETA: The flooding started on sunday. People had been pitching in for almost a week by the time he visited. What exactly was he leading?

He's shown true leadership and bleating about it because you are upset he is getting a huge amount of credit is a bit pointless really.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

There was a bit of cheer-leading in that post.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I'm not upset I'm trying to figure out why?

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

You claim it was insignificant prove it. That's a pretty bold claim. No one actually going through this seems to think it's insignificant. Tell me why all of them are wrong, and you are right?

Even if the only thing he did was make all those people feel he cared and gain some hope or peace of mind from it, even if he doesn't actually care, is by itself not an insignificant thing. That feeling of hope and peace of mind is important and he gave that to a lot of people, and then some by doing more than just that.

You're completely full of # and denying reality. He touched a lot of peoples lives. Unless you're calling all those people insignificant you're just straight up wrong.

Are the people of Louisiana who all feel different than you and feel uplifted by this experience of Trumps visit insignificant? Are you saying the thoughts feelings and cares of the the people of Louisiana are insignificant? Because that's exactly what you are doing by making the statement that what Trump did was insignificant cause it's not to all of them.
edit on 8/21/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I'm not upset I'm trying to figure out why?

You seem to be desperately trying to find a negative angle as best as you can. Chill out and just accept Trump's act of leadership and compassion for people who are struggling. If you don't want to follow Trump's leadership, then follow the Governors'. He has seen the sillyness of his protestations at a time when the people of his state need help.
edit on 21/8/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

What does that paper have to do with bringing attention to this me and others like me?

It made the news outside the US.

While some may not have heard, I'm pretty sure it was not unknown on a national level.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Never said it was. Once again bringing more attention is bad why? Making it hit another round of papers so even more people know is not helpful, why?

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

You claim it was insignificant prove it. That's a pretty bold claim. No one actually going through this seems to think it's insignificant. Tell me why all of them are wrong, and you are right?

Who are "they"?

Thousands are are putting in days worth of work into recovery Trump put in a few minutes. You can't do that math?

You're completely full of # and denying reality. He touched a lot of peoples lives. Unless you're calling all those people insignificant you're just straight up wrong.

Yeah, you are too emotionally caught up in this issue.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I'm trying to point out that the average citizen is doing much more than Trump or the Governor. Why are people here against that?

In doing so, I feel the need to point out that "leaders" get the glory while everyone else around them is doing the work.

Sorry if that hurts some peoples need to be led.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I can do math quite well, you apparently can't as you refuse to add the morale support he supplied to the equation, nor the much needed supplies he supplied, nor the money he donated to a charity in the community to help rebuild and strengthen the community when things settle again, nor the ADDITIONAL attention he brought to the community probably resulting in even more help from others for said community.

I can do math and frankly your math sucks.
edit on 8/21/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Who are "they"?

Thousands are are putting in days worth of work into recovery Trump put in a few minutes. You can't do that math?

Yeah, you are too emotionally caught up in this issue.

A few minutes? Ahhh, now I see.. You've been reading some of the left junk rags. Explains a lot.
Tuesday will be funny - watching Obama grubbing around because Trump lifted him by the collar and forced him to go to Louisiana. He'll probably have a face like a smacked arse all day.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I can do math quite well, you apparently can't as you refuse to add the morale support he supplied to the equation, nor the much needed supplies he supplied, not the money he donated to a charity in the community to help rebuilt and strengthen the community when things settle again, nor the ADDITIONAL attention he brought to the community probably resulting in even more help from others for said community.

I can do math and frankly your math sucks.

I think it's the 1+1=3 type of maths that CNN et al seem to want to teach us every day that is being referenced. I never got that type of math to be honest, but some do. I prefer the more traditional and tried and tested math.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

If that's true then even one citizen showing up to help because they are inspired by what Trump did, nullifies everything you just said.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Have not really read much about it but it only stands to reason that he has not put in the hours or the quality of work done by other volunteers.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Trump may have just conned you

So he dropped by for the photo ops in his private plain

I wonder will he be at the border when they drag the thousands of Mexican children back to Mexico

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

What kind of math do you use to have a single person who shows up for one day do more than thousands over the span of a week?

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

And if a single one of those volunteers is there because they followed in Trumps wake inspired by him, then it's directly connected to Trumps actions.

This is what you don't get about being in a position like Trumps, being in a position of leadership, sometimes just being a symbol for action is all it takes to inspire the great many to make a real difference.

Discounting that is ridiculous and dishonest.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

They had been working for 5 days before Trump even showed up. They would have kept at it until Obama showed and then all the praise and glory would have gone in that direction and all I'm saying is that neither deserve it.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

You're completely ignoring every fact about Trumps visit by this statement that has been thrown at you over and over again by countless people and you dare to call yourself objective.

Objective my ass, you refuse to even recognize the basic facts of what happened on Trumps trip. You're still trying to sell it as a 15 minute photo op despite the objective facts showing he did more than that.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join