It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton Told F.B.I. Colin Powell Advised Her to Use Private Email

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I don't understand why so many of the anti-Clinton/pro-Trump people are so upset? After all, she admitted that it was a mistake to use a private email server.

Doesn't that automatically wipe the slate clean so she can start filling it up again?

That's a Trump only thing?
edit on 2016-8-19 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I love the fact she tried to throw him under the bus to deflect attention away from her and he survived enough to drag her under too.
If Powell is telling the truth then she has been caught in another lie.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

I don't understand why so many of the anti-Clinton/pro-Trump people are so upset? After all, she admitted that it was a mistake to use a private email server.

Doesn't that automatically wipe the slate clean so she can start filling it up again?

I think she'll need to get through her perjury hearing first. We'll see what Comey et al say about it under oath.
I hear it's been scheduled in another 14 hour slot and will be televised.
edit on 19/8/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Bet she won't do that again.

Probably the safest of the 2.

Who knows what Trump will do?

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Bet she won't do that again.

Probably the safest of the 2.

Who knows what Trump will do?

Interesting logic.
Give the job to the person proven to be 'extremely careless' because they are more likely to be careful in the future.
Hmmm.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a federal judge just ordered Hillary Clinton to answer written questions regarding why the server was set up the way it was. Those questions come from Judicial Watch. She will probably blame Colin Powell as We Know.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Seems to me Hillary is not lying.

1. Powell did use his personal email account.

2. Powell stating "no recollection" - - is not a "NO, I didn't"

3. Powell's principal assistant is verifying Powell did send Hillary an email about his use of his personal AOL account.

The notes from the FBI's interview with Clinton, conducted during its probe of the issue, reveal that she told investigators that Powell had advised her to use a private account.

Additionally, an excerpt from journalist Joe Conason's upcoming book . . .

In the book, Conason recounts a scene at a dinner party in 2009 -- attended by other former Secretaries of State, including host Madeleine Albright, Condoleezza Rice and Henry Kissinger, in addition to Powell -- where they each offered Clinton guidance and advice as she prepared to take the reins of the State Department.

According to Conason's book, it was at this dinner that Powell told Clinton to use a personal email account.

As the Times reports, Conason wrote,"Toward the end of the evening, over dessert, Albright asked all of the former secretaries to offer one salient bit of counsel to the nation's next top diplomat. Powell told her to use her own email, as he had done, except for classified communications, which he had sent and received via a State Department computer."

Reached for comment, Powell's team told CNN he has "no recollection"of the conversation described in Conason's book, though he did provide her a memo regarding his own email use at the State Dept.

Powell Principal Assistant Peggy Cifrinio's said in a statement that the former secretary of state did write Clinton an email memo describing his use of his personal AOL email account for unclassified messages.www.cnn.com...

edit on 19-8-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a federal judge just ordered Hillary Clinton to answer written questions regarding why the server was set up the way it was. Those questions come from Judicial Watch. She will probably blame Colin Powell as We Know.

She should be forced to go into it in detail and on record.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Debbie Wasserman-Schultz was Hillary's campaign manager back in 2008.
Tim Kaine was head of the DNC back then.
Tim Kaine stepped down to let DWS be head of the DNC.
DWS/DNC 'helps' (I use the term with a pained expression on my face) HRC beat out a superior candidate, Bernie Sanders, for the nomination.
Tim Kaine is picked for VP. DWS gets an 'important' position with Hillary's campaign.
Circle complete. This woman plans ahead.

Powell sent a couple emails on his private device back when emailing was new just to get the State Department up to speed in that method of communicating. Probably stuff to staffers like 'please send my condolences to the family and arrange for flowers at the funeral service' and 'Mary, make my travel arrangements for August's conference in Atlanta'... things like that.

Hillary put FOUR WHOLE YEARS of expected classified material, the property of the American people, on an open to hacking server, refused to return said messages until under subpoena, and then erased 'thousands of them' probably because there was incriminating evidence on them. Then conveniently mentions that Powell 'gave her the idea'. Powell, meet underside of bus.

Dear RNC: Your Candidate is a warped, unhinged whackadoodle.
Dear DNC: Your Candidate is a prevaricating moneygrubbing nightmare.

Can both sides PLEASE just do the right thing, just this once, and get rid of both of these puppets and let someone actually skilled in the job requirements and a proven public servant to get the nod? After all, it's YOUR survival, too.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: SentientCentenarian
Debbie Wasserman-Schultz was Hillary's campaign manager back in 2008.
Tim Kaine was head of the DNC back then.
Tim Kaine stepped down to let DWS be head of the DNC.
DWS/DNC 'helps' (I use the term with a pained expression on my face) HRC beat out a superior candidate, Bernie Sanders, for the nomination.
Tim Kaine is picked for VP. DWS gets an 'important' position with Hillary's campaign.
Circle complete. This woman plans ahead.

Powell sent a couple emails on his private device back when emailing was new just to get the State Department up to speed in that method of communicating. Probably stuff to staffers like 'please send my condolences to the family and arrange for flowers at the funeral service' and 'Mary, make my travel arrangements for August's conference in Atlanta'... things like that.

Hillary put FOUR WHOLE YEARS of expected classified material, the property of the American people, on an open to hacking server, refused to return said messages until under subpoena, and then erased 'thousands of them' probably because there was incriminating evidence on them. Then conveniently mentions that Powell 'gave her the idea'. Powell, meet underside of bus.

Dear RNC: Your Candidate is a warped, unhinged whackadoodle.
Dear DNC: Your Candidate is a prevaricating moneygrubbing nightmare.

Can both sides PLEASE just do the right thing, just this once, and get rid of both of these puppets and let someone actually skilled in the job requirements and a proven public servant to get the nod? After all, it's YOUR survival, too.

Don't forget she also lied under oath on 4 separate points relating to her home brew server.
edit on 19/8/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

LOL

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Of course it depends on "who you read". I read a bunch and try to find the best info.

I think this is closest to truth, without sensationalism and hyperbole.

Addressing the Federal Records Act, NPR's Scott Horsley reported last month on the question of whether Clinton's exclusive reliance on a private email account violated it. Here's some of what he reported:

"A State Department spokeswoman says Hillary Clinton did not break any rules by relying solely on her personal email account. Federal law allows government officials to use personal email so long as relevant documents are preserved for history."

The law was amended in late 2014 to require that personal emails be transferred to government servers within 20 days. But that was after Clinton left office.Watchdog groups conceded that she may not have violated the text of the law, but they argue she violated the spirit of it. www.npr.org...

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth
if Judicial Watch gives Hillary open ended questions they will be answered in detail. They must. something like "what were you thinking?!"

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Annee

LOL

Why?

Because facts are painful to you?

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
....another news cycle, another stupid story that won't make any difference....

whispers, lies, and innuendo. that's all any of it is.
edit on 8/19/2016 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
(Edit: oops, wrong thread post, snip)

I think in this case, using a personal email account from a commercial entity for unclassified communications was really what Colin Powell was referring to here. However, it seems, based upon her own statements, Hillary interpreted that as install and run your own email server for all communications, regardless of security level.

edit on 8/19/2016 by Krakatoa because: Wrong thread post

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Hmm. On the one had we have the mishandling of classified information and on the other we have talking. Are the two equatable in your eyes? With comparisons such as that it is no wonder Hilary supporters will let anything slide.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
This story from the NYTimes is saying Hillary told the FBI that former Secretary of State Colin Powell advised her to use private email for non-classified messaging !!!

Hillary apparently was "advised" by Powell at a dinner.

The article from the NYTimes cites their source as:

according to a person with direct knowledge of Mr. Powell’s appearance in the documents, who would not speak for attribution

And there's mention of some book.

This sounds like a typical Campaign trick imo.

And Powell himself does not remember any such conversation.

Remember too, Powell did use a commercial email account, but no private system like Hillary's.

And, the State Department apparently had no general email system rules at the time Powell was SoS.

This is very interesting.

(Powell's Response)
Powell Fires Back to Hillary’s FBI Interview: I Used Secured State Computer to Access Classified Emails

(be aware the NYTimes article has a Hillary video at the beginning that has nothing to do with the email scandals)
Hillary Clinton Told F.B.I. Colin Powell Advised Her to Use Private Email

Pressed by the F.B.I. about her email practices at the State Department, Hillary Clinton told investigators that former Secretary of State Colin L. Powell had advised her to use a personal email account

The account is included in the notes the Federal Bureau of Investigation handed over to Congress on Tuesday, relaying in detail the three-and-a-half-hour interview with Mrs. Clinton in early July that led to the decision by James B. Comey, the bureau’s director, not to pursue criminal charges against her.

Separately, in a 2009 email exchange that also emerged during the F.B.I. questioning, Mrs. Clinton, who had already decided to use private email, asked Mr. Powell about his email practices when he was the nation’s top diplomat under George W. Bush, according to a person with direct knowledge of Mr. Powell’s appearance in the documents, who would not speak for attribution.

The journalist Joe Conason first reported the conversation between Mrs. Clinton and Mr. Powell in his coming book about Bill Clinton’s postpresidency, “Man of the World: The Further Endeavors of Bill Clinton,” which The Times received an advanced copy of.

I know, right?!

Blame the black guy!

Why didn't she blame Albright? or Kissinger?

I laughed when I heard she said that.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

I know, right?!

Blame the black guy!

The only one(s) mentioning the "black guy" are you anti-Hillary posters.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

I know, right?!

Blame the black guy!

The only one(s) mentioning the "black guy" are you anti-Hillary posters.

Didn't Hillary when she accused Colin Powell of telling her to do it? Last I checked he was a certified black man. But then, with the Mandela Clinton Effect, it might just be from my original timeline.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join