It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama rips daughter for smoking pot

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22
A letter to President Obama:

Obama...

Man, you need to get your priorities in order. While I am by no means a conservative minded individual, I have to point out the blatancy of your hypocrisy over the matter of your daughters behaviour. Let me spell this out for you, in simple terms.

YOU chose to become president. Your children however, did not choose to be the children of the president of the United States. If they make the same choices you did, at right around the same time, then no matter whether they live under your roof, or their own, you have no right to complain, no right to fly off the handle, and absolutely no right to make them feel bad about what this situation may do to your image.

Understand, when you are a father, the only relevant factor is whether or not your children are safe. And I do not mean safe from themselves, but safe from everyone else. If your child smokes pot and it looks bad for you, guess what? It does not matter a damn. You are a parent. Your image is of no importance, when compared with the solem duty you have to make damned sure that your children are treated consistently, fairly, and without ever experiencing one slightest bit of hypocrisy from your mouth.

Why is this important? Because children who never experience parental hypocrisy, do not put up with it from anyone else, something you should be utterly committed to ensuring for your children, if you value them, and your role as their father. Of course, if your position as leader of a nation is more important to you, then that does not apply. Perhaps, if your position was so important to you, you should have kept your lad in your pants, and failed to procreate in the first place, so you could attend to your duties without the necessity to be fair and just in at least SOME regard.

Tell you what, how about you chill the hell out with your daughters. Maybe hanging out with them as adults will show you how stupid your foreign policies, continuing on from the idiot you took over from, really are?

Signed,

A much smarter man than you.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: imsoconfused

I agree in theory, although I am a staunch supporter of ending America's ridiculous infatuation with weed laws and harmless crime. Let's step back a bit, though... why should the president's daughter experience the luxury of SS being tipped off that police are in route and be shuttled away from the party before they get there? How is that even remotely equal protection under the law and isn't that in some ways the Secret Service interfering in a police investigation?

I'm really getting sick and tired of this president's family. We need a law revision in America that knocks the first lady and first children off their glorious pedestal and forces them to live their lives like any other citizen is expected to. If the POTUS can personally afford to employ bodyguards for them, OK... that's a personal business/financial decision and is none of anyone else's business. However, I'm disgusted that my taxes support these people living a far better, more protected, more "above it all" lifestyle than my own children do.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

although I am a staunch supporter of ending America's ridiculous infatuation with weed laws and harmless crime

Yes me too. Maybe I didn't make that clear. I want people let out of jail that are there for weed, all of them.

But if they are gonna keep arresting Americans for simple possession at a clip of 750,000 a year why not her?

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Consumption of pot is not a criminal offence. Possession and trade of it is.

Depending on the state of course.

Sry but it is and can be. In Colorado you can be arrested for driving under the influence. In every state you can be arrested for public intoxication.

Eta Just to be clear I am not for people being arrested for pot I have not run out in 15 years.

Just pointing out clearly it needs to be decriminalized because nobody gives a sh!t.
edit on 19-8-2016 by imsoconfused because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

There is a difference between having a substance in ones system, and being intoxicated by it.

Intoxication is a state in which enough of a substance has been consumed to noticeably effect ones behaviour. And you are perfectly correct, you can be arrested for driving under the influence, but you cannot be arrested for having one joints worth of pot in your bloodstream if you are not operating a vehicle or behaving as if you are or may be intoxicated.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: imsoconfused
But if they are gonna keep arresting Americans for simple possession at a clip of 750,000 a year why not her?

One set of rules for us, one set for them. It's why Bradley Manning is behind bars, Ed Snowden is a fugitive, and General Patraeus was forced to resign in scandal while Hillary Clinton has them all topped in regards to her mishandling of classified information yet is actively running for POTUS with wide spread support. America in 2016 is awash in BS... Why would the system expect the teenage daughter of the president to obey a misdemeanor law when they don't even flinch when her father or his associates violate federal laws?

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Textjoints worth of pot in your bloodstream if you are not operating a vehicle or behaving as if you are or may be intoxicated

Like twerking at lallapalooza while smoking a joint? I dont know but I think a cop could easily make a case for public intoxication just for that.

I mean if he wanted to be a dick. Again I dont think it is a big deal to smoke weed I smoke it. But is still still a schedule one narcotic and a federal crime to possess it and she had it in her hand ,that is possessing it.

And her daddy is head of the feds, [SNIPPED]. How many Parents do you think have written him begging him to pardon their kids who are doing hard time over weed?
edit on 19-8-2016 by imsoconfused because: (no reason given)

edit on 8.20.2016 by Kandinsky because: Racial slang removed

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Am I missing something here? Im not approving nor condoning nor denying anyone's rights...but?

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
An 18 year old smoking pot or getting drunk is almost a right of passage for kids. Hell, raise your hand if you didnt.

I didn't. I've never touched pot in my life, never been drunk either.

Edit: To answer the question of why since you asked the same thing of the person who answered like me. My reasoning is that reality is interesting enough without having to use drugs to alter my perception of it.

Legal and illegal don't even play a role in it for me.
edit on 19-8-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Well, on the point of people writing to Obama to request freedom for young people in jail over pot related, non violent crime, I could not agree with you more.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   

As a parent I am for do as I say not as I do, yeah I know hypocrite, but I like most parents are just that, so there.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Well, on the point of people writing to Obama to request freedom for young people in jail over pot related, non violent crime, I could not agree with you more.

That should be such a non crime along time ago, but on a personal note I don't encourage my kids to drink even tho they are now of age and definitely no smoking anything.
edit on 20-8-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Well no, one does not encourage ones children to imbibe, generally speaking. I certainly will not be encouraging heavy drinking in my son, for example. But the thing is, if it turns out, when he is good and old enough to drink the booze, that he quite likes to, then I am not going to chew him out for it. Why? Because hypocrisy is the worst thing you can provide to a child. It's the same with pot.

Obama is living in the biggest glass house, and throwing stones all over the place here, and that is foolish.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   
She's just reviving the Choom Gang, Mr.President. Take it easy!

She's now the Chairman of Choom.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

She smoked but didn't inhale.

All is ok, no worries.

Her role model.

If this was legal we wouldn't be having this conversation, or it wouldn't even have made the media.

edit on 21-8-2016 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join