It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama rips daughter for smoking pot

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
1) Obama thanked his Drug Dealer in his High School Yearbook

2) Remember the new it created when the Bush girls got caught with fake ID's. This shows the media bias on ALL things

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
If that was my daughter i would have done the same thing, more fake outrage.

And yea i smoke and drink

So who is outraged? I said it was funny, but it ain't my kid.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
If that was my daughter i would have done the same thing, more fake outrage.

And yea i smoke and drink

So who is outraged? I said it was funny, but it ain't my kid.

Oh my bad, i did not mean to trigger you, enjoy your fabulous thread.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Not a fan of Obama as a politician, but this is a BS story.

Despite being the leader of the free world, his daughters are kids and they will do things that normal kids do. Any parent would tear their kid a new one even if the parent themselves did the same exact thing at that age. This is what parent's do. We make mistakes, learn from them, and then try to prevent our kids from doing the same thing. However, kids will be kids.

Even the video of her "twerking" is just BS.

The sensationalism in politics is just getting to be absurd on both sides of the isle.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: imsoconfused

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: imsoconfused

If she had three pounds for sale I would agree. But I'll take a pass on this one.

If cops,feds, secret service, see me smoking a joint they would arrest me. Maybe even shoot me. Now I know the presidents daughter had all kinds of cops,feds,secret service see her smoking weed.

I still say she should be charged just for being so stupid. I mean her father has probably a million letters from people begging for pardons for their kids doing YEARS for weed.

And she is out at Lallapalooza shaking her ass and smoking a joint. And its all good .

The cops, Feds, secret service have witnessed a hell of a lot worse that a President's daughter smoking a joint and have not intervened.

Taking a toke isn't that bad by comparison, but sure if they did witness it, then she should have had the joint taken from her and given a warning at worse. Locking someone up or shooting them for such a minor offence, would have had BLM out on the streets in a heart beat.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

a reply to: Bluntone22

dp. At least ground her.

I don't think you can be arrested for smoking it on video. Pretty sure you have to be caught by an officer while possessing it.

People incriminate themselves on video all the time. Matter of fact, there was a video floating around with someone smoking da hemp who got in trouble for it. Footballer maybe? It was so long ago I forget the details. Man... I wanna absolutely say you can be incriminated for doing drugs in a video but too damn lazy to go and look it up right now

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Herion fine, Weed though who #ing cares seriously. If you obeyed every stupid law and never took risks you would die a sad sad person.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Oh settle down. With that logic the entire state of Colorado and Washington should be arrested by the feds. Oh yea and D.C. med users.

And yea there is no law against smoking weed anywhere. Only possesion. A video is after the fact.
edit on 19-8-2016 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
There is a large difference between doing something wrong yourself and allowing your child to do something wrong.

It doesn’t make you a hypocrite for wanting your children to be better than you are and taking steps that might push them in that direction.

It doesn’t mean you don’t understand them, don’t understand what they are doing, or why they are doing it, if you decide you want to intervene in their actions. It just means that your attempting to impart some of your own experience and wisdom on a person who does not have that experience and wisdom and for whom you are responsible for more than anyone else in the world.

Now the questions can be raised if smoking weed is wrong or not; wheather it is wrong for a dad to discipline an 18 year old child and all that yada yada yada. Those are personal matters that Obama and his daughters must come to terms with … and of course being the president and the presidents daughters beings that to a whole other dynamic than most of the rest of us have to deal with.

edit on 19-8-2016 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Ghetto little rat? White girls in the suburbs do that crap to ya know.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Massachusetts decriminalized marijuana under a certain amount. I forget how much but a tiny joint won't get you arrested. Martha's Vineyard is in Massachusetts.

For under 1 ounce you are merely given a civil citation (usually either a warning or a small fine).

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Around 50% of all drug arrests in America are for pot and Around 80% Of pot arrests are for possession.

www.drugpolicy.org...

They arrest around 750,000 people a year for simple possession. a joint is simple possession.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Serious question: if a cop came up to arrest her, does SS have jurisdiction over her? Could SS over rule a patrol officer?

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Ghetto little rat? White girls in the suburbs do that crap to ya know.

...and I'm sure we'd call them the same. Actually much worse. I mean.. C'mon. If you wanna simulate sex in public like a lil sleeze tramp, what does that say about your demeanor?

I think personally that this act of "twerking" is the most demeaning, idiotic, sleeziest, disgusting act that's ever been called a "dance".

edit on 19-8-2016 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

dp. At least ground her.

I don't think you can be arrested for smoking it on video. Pretty sure you have to be caught by an officer while possessing it.

People incriminate themselves on video all the time. Matter of fact, there was a video floating around with someone smoking da hemp who got in trouble for it. Footballer maybe? It was so long ago I forget the details. Man... I wanna absolutely say you can be incriminated for doing drugs in a video but too damn lazy to go and look it up right now

Sure you can incriminate yourself to the point of being fired from your job and such, but cannot be arrested for it.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
Serious question: if a cop came up to arrest her, does SS have jurisdiction over her? Could SS over rule a patrol officer?

You haven't been watching the news in the past.. ugh... ever? Don't you know that all high level government and their families are untouchable? They break laws all the time and us normal folk eat it because we have to. Doesn't matter how we vote, how we scream, how we react... We are not equals. We are the serfs. They do what they want and we just deal with it and pretend it's no big deal.

So yeah... "Their" law trumps everything, especially laws that bind us civilians.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

I totally agree with you, but I didn't know if there were any Leo's that could confirm.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I think she would have to be caught with something by a police officer. Then she would get a slap on the wrist.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

dp. At least ground her.

Sure you can incriminate yourself to the point of being fired from your job and such, but cannot be arrested for it.

Not true

These people incriminated themselves by the videos they were in. The issues are different, but in all cases, it was the act of doing something illegal on camera and being incriminated for it. Warrants were even written based on what was in the video in some of these cases. Doing something equally illegal would most certainly be grounds for arrest I would think. If not, then the laws are very biased. I mean, I understand that you can't just be arrested for smoking pot in a video but if you can for doing other criminal acts, surely you should be able to just as well.

edit on 19-8-2016 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Ala: the US swimmers today

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join