It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Would A Good God Use Faith Rather Than Works to Decide if your Worthy for Paradise?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: AGustOfWind312

True. In the Bible it says "there is a way hat seems right to a man but that way ends in death", the way that seems right to a man is that his good works must outweigh his bad. It's great if people turn from wicked ways and do good works, but the wicked ways still need atonement for them, they're still sins committed. And the good news of Jesus Chriat is that He atoned for those sins in our place, He took the punishment we rightfully deserve and we are justified based on His righteousness through faith.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical
a reply to: AGustOfWind312

True. In the Bible it says "there is a way hat seems right to a man but that way ends in death", the way that seems right to a man is that his good works must outweigh his bad. It's great if people turn from wicked ways and do good works, but the wicked ways still need atonement for them, they're still sins committed. And the good news of Jesus Chriat is that He atoned for those sins in our place, He took the punishment we rightfully deserve and we are justified based on His righteousness through faith.

Rightly deserve for what??

Being born?!?!

All those evil sinful little babies. Lol

I thought we specifically DID NOT blame the sins of the father on the sons?

The entire concept is just silly..

Rape and murder, but then convert and/or meaningfully repent, and you get paradise eternal.

Live a secular moral life, and don't buy Christianity and you burn for all eternity.

We literally could not think of a more convenient big brother type control mechanism..

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I don't recall reading it was a sin to be born in the Bible. Sins are acts of commission or omission when the person already knows either by education, or by conscience to will of God.

Rape and murder, but then convert and/or meaningfully repent, and you get paradise eternal.

Live a secular moral life, and don't buy Christianity and you burn for all eternity.

God doesn't judge you compared to the guy down the street, He will judge you based on a standard of perfection. That's why all are guilty, and all need a Redeemer. God made it as simple as possible to be reconciled to Him, trust in the atonement He provided for you on your behalf.

edit on 9 20 2016 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

I don't recall reading it was a sin to be born in the Bible.

Original sin isn't in the Bible, but that doesn't stop Christians from preaching it.

God doesn't judge you compared to the guy down the street, He will judge you based on a standard of perfection. That's why all are guilty, and all need a Redeemer.

Why are we all guilty? Why is not being perfect a sin? That standard of perfection must be humanly unobtainable, otherwise we wouldn't be ALL be guilty and in need of a redeemer.

God made it as simple as possible to be reconciled to Him, trust in the atonement He provided for you on your behalf.

Reconciled and atone for what? Being born human and less than perfect?

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   

I don't recall reading it was a sin to be born in the Bible. Sins are acts of commission or omission when the person already knows either by education, or by conscience to will of God.

God doesn't judge you compared to the guy down the street, He will judge you based on a standard of perfection. That's why all are guilty, and all need a Redeemer. God made it as simple as possible to be reconciled to Him, trust in the atonement He provided for you on your behalf.

he made it a little too simple dont you think? the kind of simple that is obviously a trick?
edit on 21-9-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

So babies are not born into son, but all are guilty?!?!

Not 100% sure about the baby thing, I know it was the common belief, but I wanna say some pope ruled that they all went to heaven.

I know it says that ignorance isn't an excuse and ONLY those who accept Jesus are allowed in.

It's kinda hard for a child to knowingly do that.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I think that's Catholic dogma, that's why the baptize babies. From what I understand it takes a person to understand right from wrong (good v evil) before sin is counted to their account. Call it the age of understanding. Children and the mentally handicap aren't guilty because they don't have the comprehension to understand they've sinned and done something against the Lord.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Other issues to account for.. don't think it's that simple OP. My opinion anyway...

Reincarnation
Faith

Heaven is a temporary state it's a place within the experience we do not "stay" in.

We are evolving souls/spirits.

We have been here many times before and until "it's finished" we will continue to come back perfecting the human species.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I think that's Catholic dogma, that's why the baptize babies. From what I understand it takes a person to understand right from wrong (good v evil) before sin is counted to their account. Call it the age of understanding. Children and the mentally handicap aren't guilty because they don't have the comprehension to understand they've sinned and done something against the Lord.

Since Catholisism is by far the majority of Christianity, I think it's fair to consider them the average.

It wouldn't be fair to place the sub factions as the mainstream.

The why wouldn't good people who never even heard of Christianity be sentenced to hell?

Babies haven't "converted" hypothetically if you start feeling the more base feelings (anger, jealousy, exc) fairly young. So if we are counting thoughts as sin, then they would still apply.

I'm almost certain the "all babies go to heaven" stuff is very recent reguardless. First century through 150 years ago, I don't think anyone cared about other civilizations kids. Hell, rape and pillage was considered an except able part of warfare.

In fact I think that's a major motivator for missionaries. Saving all the heathens from hell.

Kinda rambling but I just think it is insane for ANYONE (God or not) to ignore someone's actions in favor of how they feel about your son.

"I know your a mass murderer and child rapist, but if you believe in my son and say your sorry and mean it, your cool."

But

" if your an excellent husband, father and person, but grew up on the wrong side of the planet? He'll forever...""

Who actually thinks like that?!?!

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: MamaJ
Other issues to account for.. don't think it's that simple OP. My opinion anyway...

Reincarnation
Faith

Heaven is a temporary state it's a place within the experience we do not "stay" in.

We are evolving souls/spirits.

We have been here many times before and until "it's finished" we will continue to come back perfecting the human species.

Speaking about the dogma of Christianity not not whoevers personal beliefs.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I left the dogma at the door when I walked out.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Children and the mentally handicap aren't guilty because they don't have the comprehension to understand they've sinned and done something against the Lord.

But they have sinned and are sinners, they're just given a pass?

edit on 21-9-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Children and the mentally handicap aren't guilty because they don't have the comprehension to understand they've sinned and done something against the Lord.

Not for most Christians as Catholisism is the dominant faction.

The truth is the people who made it up came from a time when you didn't care what happened to some other countries kids. Where it was super common for some army to put whole peoples to the sword.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Faith... In The Streets... Means Taking Up The Old Charge. In The Case Of A Smaller Being Taking On A Giant Colossal Bully. Die With Faith. Cause You Ain't Gonna Win Any Other Way.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Harken back to the garden of Eden, what was it that made Adam and Eve sinners? It was the KNOWLEDGE of good and evil, a mentally challenged person or a child has no capacity to understand that. I don't think it's a set in stone number in regards to an age, God knows when a person has the mental ability to comprehend good and evil, to understand right from wrong. One person may reach that at a very young age, whereas another person who has mental challenges may never reach mental maturity even though they are physically mature.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Harken back to the garden of Eden, what was it that made Adam and Eve sinners? It was the KNOWLEDGE of good and evil, a mentally challenged person or a child has no capacity to understand that.

"Knowing" was NOT the sin that Adam and Eve supposedly committed. If it was, then the creation Gods would also be a sinners; "Look, the man now has become like us, knowing both good and evil..

But, they did intend for them to follow orders, and NOT eating from the tree was an order that they failed to follow. THAT was Adam and Eve's sin, disobedience.

Original sin isn't an Old Testament biblical concept. It's a Christian concept that someone made up, and it wasn't Jesus of Nazareth.

edit on 23-9-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

I'm trying to say that original sin isn't a true doctrine, children/babies aren't responsible for Adam's sin, they are responsible for their own transgressions of God's will and laws. But when Adam and Eve ate the fruit their spiritual eyes were opened and they knew right from wrong, and that's the key. Children and mentally challenged people don't understand the concept of God or that they've sinned and need redemption. There aren't babies burning in Hell.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join