It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Would A Good God Use Faith Rather Than Works to Decide if your Worthy for Paradise?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

You are right, the Jesus we are talking about drank down the local inn and sat with the so called bad people while the supposed righteous stuck there noses up at the poor, jesus made the point in the Good Samaritan and showed a rabbi walking past the injured guy not wanting to help but a man from the Samaritan's goes past this Jew lying in the dirt injured and ignored by his own people and takes pity on him seeing himself in the man's place.

There are many Gay's, Atheist's and even some Politicians and Gangsters (Probably less politicians though) that will likely get into heaven while Jesus will probably say to those that used his name but did not know him "I never knew you be gone from me".

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

An Illuminating illustration. But if I may, what if the second person in your analogy had given himself over to say Thor or Krishna rather than Jesus with all of the sincere repentance but directed at a different mythology. Would he then be rewarded for his repentance or would it just not matter at all?

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

The title to your thread, Why would God... Faith...over works?

He didn't, wouldn't and won't. Judgement is based on your life not one thought and a little initiation.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: enterthestage

He didn't, wouldn't and won't. Judgement is based on your life not one thought and a little initiation.

I think nearly every christin on the planet wild disagree....

In fact I have never heard anyone say someone was too far gone for Jesus
edit on 20-8-2016 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-8-2016 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Except Satan which is why no one ever prays for him. Isn't that strange?
edit on 20-8-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Except Satan which is why no one ever prays for him. Isn't that strange?

Demons and angels cannot be redeemed, Jesus never incarnated as a Nephillim or angel to die for their sins. Only humans can be redeemed.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

That strikes me as unfair for angels and demons. Anything that is capable of being damned should have a shot at redemption.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

That strikes me as unfair for angels and demons. Anything that is capable of being damned should have a shot at redemption.

I personally believe that if some would choose redemption then God would give them a way to be redeemed, however I do not think they would do so as the angels understood the nature of God far better than man and they chose to reject him.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Yes, but it doesn't mean they are correct just a multitude of other things besides correct.

Ok?

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Fair or not, it is what it is. They can't be redeemed.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Well, that is an an interesting question. It is said in the Bible that the only way to God, and presumably heaven, is through Christ. That being said, I think that God is wise, Christ is love, and I hope that this means that the sort of injustice inherent in the conundrum you posit gets worked out in the accounting.

Personally, I would be very surprised if I rocked up in heaven, and there were not those who had been...prodded with the Holy Spirit at the moment before death, to give them an opportunity to receive just reward in heaven, despite their having done good in the name of anything else, or nothing. Scales lifted from eyes on death beds, that sort of malarkey.

It would be rather tedious to find out otherwise, but I suppose that is the difference between faith and indoctrination. If I was an indoctrinated man, I would make anyone who did not believe in Christ out to be a solid gold douche, to avoid the possibility, and I know that, because I have seen it done.

Put another way, there are plenty of people out there who profess love for God who have about as much chance of seeing heaven as I have of getting mobbed by a horde of naked women when I walk out of the house today. I hope that this means that there are those who do not currently profess a love for God, who please him anyway and will receive his blessing in spite of their lack of fealty just at the moment.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Demons and angels cannot be redeemed... Only humans can be redeemed.

Eph 1:10to an administration of the fullness of the times, to sum up all things in Christ, the things in the heavens, and the things on the earth, in him;

Col 1:19For all the fullness was pleased to dwell in him; 20and through him to reconcile all things to himself, by him, whether things on the earth, or things in the heavens, having made peace through the blood of his cross.

Philippians 2:9Therefore God also highly exalted him, and gave to him the name which is above every name; 10that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, those on earth, and those under the earth, 11and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

The writer is talking about all mankind, both alive and dead. Not angels or demons.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Some people, I've heard, take words like "all things" at face value.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

If you mean works towards others then the time and effort you put into making money or was fortunate enough to get and you used it for a hospital or to help others suffering with it then it would be a work . If you are talking about a work towards God then you have to determine what you have that God needs and give it to Him .

I see a big problem with the later ,so its showing charity or love towards others that are called good works but are towards our fellow man . Faith is about trusting God with our eternal salvation and God makes it clear that salvation is by grace (it is a gift) through faith which is taking God at His word ,that the blood of Jesus Christ clenses us from all sin (past present and future)

So we are made to be able to stand before God in righteousness (not our own) but His Son's Jesus Christ . His righteousness is imputed to us and our sins He bore in His own body on the cross .

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

Some people, I've heard, take words like "all things" at face value.

Our justification to God is based solely on Jesus incarnating on Earth as a human to die in place of humans for our sins. That's the basis by which we have justification. Jesus never did that for Nephilim or angels for the basis for them to be redeemed. There is no means by which demons and angels can be atoned for.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb

I personally believe that if some would choose redemption then God would give them a way to be redeemed, however I do not think they would do so as the angels understood the nature of God far better than man and they chose to reject him.

And that doesn't tell you something?

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I know that Enoch 1 is not part of the cannon but it does take up the fallen angels plea to God for redemption .Request denied was the answer. Not that I know but would suspect it have everything to do with blood and how we get our atonement and pardon in one respect .

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Faith is what manifests physical things in the law of attraction, so I wonder if that applies to god, or whatever people believe and have faith in!

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Looking at it from the perspective we tend to, this seems stupid. Right?! Mhm.

Fact of the matter is, perfection is required to get into heaven. You must be perfect to get there. But since we cannot be perfect, faith is key to get into heaven. It doesn't matter if you've donated trillions of dollars to charity, turned the world into a sprawling utopia, and straight up cured cancer, you never swear, control your temper, you can never be perfect! Works are not about money. Works is about how your life was lived, and how you look back on it and say, "I think I know how I felt now." You know?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join