It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TV show looking for UFO "evidence"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I don't think you should take the UFOs in Ancient Egypt (that's been constantly debunked.)

Nor are the Vedic UFOs terribly convincing to the skeptic. In fact, if you're looking for things that might be convincing to the SKEPTIC, I wouldn't use very many of those. They would convince those inclined to believe, but they won't convince the skeptical.

Those are pretty near and dear to IC though, so I wasn't going to go there, hehe...

Note for the researcher: anthropology is kind of Byrd's schtick...

Definitely pick up the aforementioned Corso's book though...Day After Roswell...

[edit on 20-1-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Also, is it out of line to ask uforesearch person please no more roswell.

Do we really need another fourth hand re-hashing and half remembered account? Besides I think Bryant Gumbles sci-fi channel special pretty much proved (at least to me) that, that particular well is tapped dry...for now anyway.

I say only go for stories that can be backed up with visual aids, not re-enactments but halfway decent video/photos or some other documentation.

This is a clip driven medium. Also, I say dig deep go for the relatively or totally unknown or obscure. Break something new don't rehash something old.

Of course there are some worthy things on the lists that have been presented here.

Plus I would suggest taking any advice given to you by a35 year old man with enough time to hang out here in the afternoons with a spoonful of salt.

Spiderj

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiderj

I second that.

We definitely need more exposure of the lesser known but important cases. One in particular that i'd like to see get more attention is the 1942 battle of L.A. incident Gazrok mentioned. I'd love to see someone try to look up some surviving witnesses before they're all gone to tell their stories of the event.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Do we really need another fourth hand re-hashing and half remembered account? Besides I think Bryant Gumbles sci-fi channel special pretty much proved (at least to me) that, that particular well is tapped dry...for now anyway.

I say only go for stories that can be backed up with visual aids, not re-enactments but halfway decent video/photos or some other documentation.

Exactly WHY Roswell is still a good case. There is plenty of documentation. The case for Roswell can be made WITHOUT any of the civilian witness testimonials. The first thing a debunker has to show, is how in the hell the SENIOR intelligence officer, of one of the world's most TOP SECRET bases (i.e. only one at the time with an atomic bomber wing), could somehow mistake balsa wood and tin foil for an alien saucer crash. Quite simply....one can't make that case hold water, and THAT's just on of the reasons why Roswell remains the holy grail of UFOlogy.

How about the official press release of the US Army saying they captured a flying disc? Is THAT enough documentation for you?
The names are named. Policies were put in place. Hell, the entire defense department was reorganized that very month (and with no hints of doing so prior to the event). Intel was centralized to make sure it funneled to a point. Numerous documents point to the activity that day. Perhaps what's even MORE telling is that many documents are "Missing" from that day.

I would agree though, that I wouldn't do more than a casual mention of Roswell to set your special apart, and point out the glaring facts that blow away the USAF's latest explanation. It's easy to get bogged down and JUST talk about Roswell.

[edit on 20-1-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I have had an encounter if you want to use my story or me as help to your cause so be it.
Ill testify in court
Ill take a lie detector test
Ive never been hypnotised before
my IQ is over 140
It was shared by 2 people ,same time
other witneess of dead mutalated cow , 4

www.flyingserpents.co.nr...
what i saw was a reality!

[edit on 20-1-2005 by lizzardsamok]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
There are many people you should try to get in touch with or read their published works if you have the time or inclination.
this is a vast subject and you will really only scrape the surface in any documentary.There is no "killer case" that will really make youre program stand out. I hope you are lucky in you're research. If you know little about this you are going to have to wade through a lot of useless info. Look towards the people that have already done the wading for you.
My recomendations after reading about this for 25 years
Dr Stanton Friedman
timothy Good
Nicholas Redfern
Prof. David Jackobs
Budd Hopkins
Prof John E Mack (sadly he died last year, if you could read his works or get in touch with associates of his he could provide great insight, A great loss)
Also some journalists that may provide some pointers
If I remember correctly (for I cannot find his book on my shelf at this time)
C.B.D.Bryann
Jim Marrs
Good Luck in wading through the avalanche
I hope you produce something of value so many that have gone before you have failed
by the way try to stay clear of the cheesy SF music.It ads nothing to a complex and serious subject

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I do agree with all your points about Roswell Gazrok, they are interesting, but again as long as it's a breakthrough and thorough not a fluff rehash.

Spiderj

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Gazrok & uforesearch

You may not want to give up on Roswell as evidence.

The link home.fuse.net... has a story called "Roswell Revelation!" which seems to have some "physical" evidence of what happened at Roswell. The evidence does not appear to show that aliens were there. Two gentlemen are trying to publish their book about their "physical evidence" and their research. I contacted Kenny Young who interviewed these gentlemen and he said he has not heard anything from them on the status of thier book which they are going to entitle " Iceman Down".

Maybe uforeasearch could get a new interview.

Another site whch has a lot of info about the above "Evidence" is:

www.burlingtonnews.net...

Hope this helps. Keep all of us here at ATS updated if you discover some new info or when this program goes to TV. Hopefully we can help you with your quest as it is ours.

[edit on 20-1-2005 by Truthforall]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by thirddensity
Go to this website:

www.disclosureproject.com

Get a hold of Dr. Steven Greer. They have put together everything needed to convince a jury about the reality of UFO's.

Dr. Steven Greeer is the man to call.

Sincerely

Cade

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:31 AM
link   
My thoughts;

If you're going for credibility then it sometimes pays to stay away from big names like Greer, Lazar, Strieber, Leer, Hill, Adamski, Meier, Rael, Spielberg (
) etc.

-I would present exhibits of various forms concentrating physical effects and real tangible evidences such as:
Alien implants.
Radiation effects (on humans or surrounding environment).
Any environmental anomalies.
Mutilations.
Videos/Photos media.

-I would probably throw in a few numbers to show that the chances of extra-terrestrial civilizations visiting Earth is happening, probablistically.

-I would stay well clear of cults or supposed evidences from ancient history.

One thing that really excites me is when contactees, or those that claim to have been a part of government relations with extra-terrestrials, talk about different forms of alien species. It provokes alot of thought.

Having said that, preventing a case for a government conspiracy is not really a good idea when presenting a case for UFOs.

Hell, perhaps what this world needs is a UFO reality TV show where "UFO hunters" travel around to hotspots and try to get glimpses of anomalous activity for themselves (and the viewers).

I'd pay to see that

[edit on 21-1-2005 by electric]

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   

You may not want to give up on Roswell as evidence.

Never...

But, we're suggesting this for a tv special, and to set it apart from the flock, Roswell shouldn't get too much airtime as many have simply heard pretty much all about it (in their opinions)...and will go "click".

Take a few moments to say, "Unfortunately for the Air Force, their latest explanation of events only serves as further evidence of the coverup!" and then point out why (a NEED to explain bodies, and then the flimsy excuse of dummies that weren't even used until tests 5 years after Roswell, as well as the complete lack of need for a project like Mogul being classified for over 50 years), etc.

The above poster's suggestion to avoid some of the big names, I'd sincerely echo....

I'd also suggest reading a bit of Timothy Good as well, as another suggested.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Just for the record, when i mentioned that i agreed that Roswell shouldnt always be the focal point of UFO discussions anymore, i wasnt implying that i think we should give up on it.

But simply that we've heard about and researched Roswell A LOT to the point where that particular case is a household name and frankly i think some other cases deserve some attention. Although, i do still think it should always at least be mentioned briefly as it's like Gazrok said, "the holy grail of Ufology".

But i think lesser known cases that are brought to light in the public's eye (like the battle of L.A.) will spark interest where it may have since died out. Keep people aware, keep people interested.

[edit on 21/1/05 by Meteor_of_War]

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Eric Von Danican's Gods From Outer Space and Chariots Of The Gods.
Extra- Terrestials Among Us from Fate Magazine, and Beings From Outer Space out the same year as Gods From Outer Space, also the memo in General Ramey's hands at the photos for Roswell, it was translated by somebody on "Sightings" message board a long time ago, and says basicly that aliens do exsists and are a "threat".

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by BSB2005
Eric Von Danican's Gods From Outer Space and Chariots Of The Gods.

Please, BSB2005-

Erich von Däniken is a notorious liar,

forensic valuers have confirmed this officialy in judicial hearings.
But don't worry, he was always released on parole ...

[edit on 21-1-2005 by popular mechanics]

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Gotta love the comic series though-

[edit on 21-1-2005 by popular mechanics]

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Well, for starters you could explain those so called stars in the night sky that has a red light and green light that I counted over twenty-five. If you ever looked up and seen them what would they be? satellites? If these are satellites, why do they have so many? Could it be for weapons? We do know that at least one is the eye in the sky the defense department uses for spyware. How many satellites do they use for communications. It is odd to me at least to think that why so many satellites, or may be something else. Who knows as many are left in the dark for one reason or another.
You might want to check out accounts about tunnels under the earth as some will say have many connecting tunnels throughout the world, they say that the people do not come back. Hopi Indians have stories to tell of the stars, even the prophecies of Native Americans account about the rainbow people of long ago that needs looked at. Something about the eight stones that must come together and why. I will let the guardians tell you about it. For hard facts, it seams that producing an alien is like producing an ancient sea monster that are myths of the sailors of so long ago. I thought they had proof positive was on Sci-Fi channel and I think they took it off the air. I do believe that your show will have to conform to the government rules on how to air facts on tv. I have heard it before this will be a different show. Wait till the pressure is on the network who carries this show. Anyway, good luck on the new show and may be you will be able to get some truth.

Ancient Sailor

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Notorious Liars , LOL

A Comparison or marrige made in heaven....

I bet that aint TABACY in that pipe....

FYI: sorry, I went on a paintshop pro RAMPAGE last night.....lol

[edit on 22-1-2005 by lizzardsamok]

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Back to the topic - Ufosearch - this might be interesting for you too

cheers,
jazz

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by uforesearch
This show is different, we are going to allow "regular" people to present their own evidence and let the viewers decide for themselves. I'm just doing very preliminary research (...) would like to find out more (..) I feel like "real" people can be more credible than so-called "experts." i can tell you that the show is that it is not going to be done like a history channel or discovery channel documentary, with a narrator and a story that is "written" by the producers -- we are going to allow people to present their own evidence and let the viewers decide for themselves.

I was implying that from my point of view, Mr. von Däniken may not be taken into consideration in any honest and sincere approach to UFO research.

From what I've read on this board -and all those UFO sites of course- his theories are still being promoted, even though most of them have been proven untenable 30 years ago already.
My impression is that especially the non-german speaking community is mislead, since his books are available in all languages, but sadly the discussion that followed after his publications happened in german language mostly, and for the most part is not available in translations.

Von Däniken has stated many times that his stories may not be taken literally, since his sole intention is to entertain us, get us thinking, and finally get him money.

That's ok for me, but I hate the way in which the mainstream media presents him, the Internet in particular.

I wonder how many of you believed the comicbook cover I posted above to be a photo composition. It isn't, and I was very disappointed when the series was discontinued after issue #8 btw. In honesty.

So Uforesearch:

If your product has to be that kind of show you described, I encourage you to invite Erich von Däniken.

Some canadian TV channel did this in the early seventies, to let him compete against Harvard professor Ruth Tringham.

The concept was almost identical to the pre-election TV debates between Bush and Kerry.

He lost, but almost forced a playoff with a final score of 112:120 .

But if your client might be interested in a serious documentation as well, you should set the facts straight on "EvD"-

he deserves it, however you look at it.

Sincerely,
*Pop*

[edit on 22-1-2005 by popular mechanics]

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Nobody talked of another strong ufo evidence, the JAL Flight 1628 Case. Definitively one of the biggest ufo/airplane case with Teheran.
Check here : www.ufoevidence.org...

And don't forget the Belgium wave of course, one of the biggest ufo event ever, even if some people say ufo was maybe some american secret plane like TR3B.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join