It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Are we Waiting for Exactly?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppytoven

I don't know you in real life so all I can do is go off of your words in the OP. It reads like someone who's spending their life waiting for some major catastrophe to happen, hence my response.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Balkanization
Thank you for being a voice of reason. Straight to the point in a language we can all relate to .

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Then that's my mistake. It's old news that we are very close to transition. (I personally think Nibiru or something else equally large is coming towards us.) I do spend a moment here and there thinking about how none of the things people fight over and trample on others to attain really matter when the time comes. I look around and I see society tossing away what is it that makes us worth anything. Our sense of right and wrong and capacity to care for others in need. I see people detaching themselves and becoming more and more selfish. I think that will be our undoing. Thats what gets me.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

I think its a matter of interpretation...that we arent waiting so much for something to happen, but EXPECTING it to...as we...like ants on a anthill...go scrambling about each day as though nothings different.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   

First of all, no plan which focuses on one specific catastrophe over another exclusively is not going to be very good, which is why good plans have contingencies built in which cover a large number of potential threats at once.

Furthermore, something may well be coming in the US, but unfortunately, due to some deeply questionable DNC practices, and the outright ignorance of a huge cross section of the voter base, the thing that is coming will, likely as not, be negative. But realistically speaking, I do not believe that the majority will turn on one another when something really world changing happens in the US. I believe you will see strangers helping strangers, random nobodies standing up and being somebodies when it counts. Look at what happened during 9/11. That day was the most chaotic day that the US has experienced in generations.

Shock, horror, sorrow, calamity...one could easily have believed that it was the end of the world from the pictures and video that were shot on the day, and yet people were not running at each other, determined to knife one another for their small change, or beat one another to death for a set of car keys. You saw office workers pulling co workers out of buildings, you saw random passers by helping to extract the wounded, calm the terrified, lift debris out of the way. People came together under the most trying circumstances, because they knew that if they did not, much more than had already been lost, was bound to blow away like so much concrete dust on a stiff breeze.

A pesky election and one or another absolute lemon of a president are not going to be able to turn people such as those outlined above, into rabid animals, hell bent on slaying everything that stands between them and a steak for the grill.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join