It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

You're smarter than this.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 10:17 PM
a reply to: deadlyhope

We get sold the bull# through our need for constant stimulation, tv and games for instance help develop the part of the brain that is impulsive, which leads us to instant gratification......its a tried and tested method that works to damn and the need for more of it is most certainly the root of all evil

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 11:58 PM
a reply to: DBCowboy

I'm not telling you who to vote for.

I'm positing a conspiracy, on a conspiracy website.

I'm suggesting that you're next president has been pre-selected.

If the powers want it to be Trump, it will be Trump.

If they want it to be Clinton, it will be Clinton. Even if 1% vote for her, it will still end up being here.

I'm suggesting your vote does not matter - Your actions do.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 12:07 AM

I'll accept that.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 03:38 AM
a reply to: Piggy315

That's all you can do, really. Keep voicing your thoughts, and putting bugs in people ears, so to speak. Eventually, I hope, enough people will catch on, and things will begin to change.

Probably small things at first. Something here, or there. Then it'll be both here and there. ...and like a small skittering stone can start an avalanche, changes will start to catch on.

For my self, the only thing I'm after is people getting involved in the process, rather than sitting on the sidelines and fussing about how bad things are... There's a certain amount of good that does come from complaining, but it needs to be followed by actions to fix the problem.

But it also has to be done on the up and up, out in the clear light of day. There's where my issues begin. Too many things are done in the dark. Bills voted on without being fully read into the public record, with the full knowledge that few people have the time, energy, or patience to find it in the records vault.

So, keep on talking, and who knows...? Maybe, it's to be hoped, enough will listen to begin the process of rebuilding our republic.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 07:53 AM

originally posted by: deadlyhope
Anyways, good to see you! I've missed seeing you as often as I used to, there's been a few people take your place as far as stances goes, but your mind and heart are not easily replaced.

That's very sweet to say. Thank you. I'm still around, just in much smaller doses.

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
See it in yourself, too.

I do. One important piece of information: You see what I post here, but it's certainly not the entirety of what I think. It's an incredibly small percentage. Some of the people here who have "known" me over the years (like seagull) know more about my thoughts and opinions related to life, not just this election. I'd very much like not to be judged on my ATS postings during this crazy election.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 07:57 AM
Don't know how I missed this one --- I guess because the "mud-pit" is usually really unpleasant.
S/F, deadlyhope. Great OP, and it was perfectly coherent.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 09:44 AM
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Good to see you Buzzy,

I often go mud-pit or rant if something is frustrating me, because I never know how I'll end up writing something.

Swaying a bit towards some specific topic pieces we have had in common, in the past...

I believe Bernie Sanders did something important, regardless of everything else - He woke some people up.

Yes, some only cared about the "free stuff" and some just wanted to "stick it to the man" regardless of what man that is - You'll notice some followers jumping onto others campaigns that don't align in any way with Sanders, but ... There's yet another group that was woken up to the crimes of the major banks, the crimes of Wall-Street and multi-national corps, the crimes of America going off to war on a whim, on the citizens dime.

Bernie didn't create such movements, but he did make it more mainstream.

I believe such momentum created by people such as Sanders is important, and something to keep hold of. If more and more people learn from such things, and study more they'll see just how much our government sucks, and how the whole thing needs to be changed out like a sheet that's been on a bed for a hundred years.

Anyways! See you around.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 04:04 PM

Keep fighting the good fight! It's been harder lately, but we mustn't give up.

Yep - Bernie did some SEAR EE YUS 'demo' here - and yes, it will NOT be fading away, as much as the establishment would like it to. I'm actually really glad that he's keeping his Senate seat - and now he's working at stumping for lower-level elections...

Kansas has enjoyed a recent purging of the worst of the rabid-right-wing-moral-majority. More to come in November. It's pretty exciting, really. Who wooda thunk????

The most recent developments take hold on the coasts far before the "heartland" picks them up. We're getting there, though!

edit on 8/22/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

Shout out to desert and BenevolentHeretic...

love you guys!!!

edit on 8/22/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>