It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You're smarter than this.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Fellow members, I've talked to you in many threads, gotten to know many of your stances and beliefs and political views, as well as your conspiracy side - some "conspiracies" being more fact based than anything such as our federal reserve and the world banking powers....

That being said, why can't you see you're being duped, this political season... And likely many before this?

We live on earth, people. Where money talks far louder than any idealism or hope or prayer...

Think hillary or trump are saviors or Devils? Do you align with a specific political party, or other special interests group? Do you hate black lives matter, or empathize with them? Are you an nra member or against gun rights? Do you use the term radical Islam and believe in immigration bans and the like or believe Muslims to be a large group of peaceful people misrepresented by a tiny minority? Do you believe in less taxes for business or more?

I could keep going, just think of any question that is social, economical, or political, and it's very likely you can draw lines to someone making money. You've been conditioned to believe specific things and hold specific stances because that's what someone else wants. The media is not altruistic. It is not filled with truth - it's a business, to actually care about citizens and to actually care about being honest and ethical would be the death of a modern day media giant.

When polls and voting machines are shown to be rigged and flawed, when the media reports the opposite of what we see with our own eyes, when the only ones selected to be president, who will be selected by anyone other than the citizens are established cronies year after year... Why is it that we cannot associate things correctly?

Look at the top topics of ats week after week. Go to any media website, turn on the news, ponder world events, and last but not least.. Follow the yellow brick road.

There's a lot of people earning a lot of money and or power based on your allegiance to mainstream media, or mainstream topics - you see, you're worth just as much even if you deem yourself a seeker of truth that denies whatever fox news says, or whatever other news site you've personally deemed unworthy of containing truth..

My supposition is that even most alternative news sites contain conditioned biases that are unreliable at best, and most likely just another machine creating power or money for the elite...

Anyways this isn't my most concise and well written post, I apologize for the lack of elegance. It's late and I am going to bed.

Deny ignorance, if you can.

Deadlyhope
edit on 19-8-2016 by deadlyhope because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhopeAll the way through I wanted cut and past many things you were saying and repeat them, but finally at the end what you said that may be the most poiniant was these three words.

if you can

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

Yes, well, good luck getting many of them to listen.

I actually hope you succeed where I've failed miserably...at least you're on the side of the angels.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   
We are already undergoing the new world order. As many nations focus on the latest of the elections in the U.S. just shows that the selected, I mean the elected candidate or actor serves the interests and the agenda of the elites worldwide.

Real change makers get either killed or thwarted. Gotta love the American Dream !!!

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I haven't been spreading this message for long - And not very wide, either. It takes a calculated approach to convince someone that everything they think they know, could very well be a lie...That they should check every "fact", every opinion and view they for whatever reason have come to believe.

I've more recently renounced the religion I grew up in, and cut myself off from political tomfoolery. I do not pretend to possess a large amount of truth compared to others - But I do believe that one truth I have recently learned is more important than any other.

The desire for money and power has shaped our world in major ways

History teaches us this, and while we may not see how evident this is in modern times, it only takes a deeper look into a variety of mainstream topics to see that all lines that connect events are laced with gold.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: balox45

Y'know, over the years I've heard that time and time, again...I no more buy it now, than I did then.

It's a cop out. Plain. And. Simple. It's used as an excuse to get away from the fact that we, you and me, and billions of others, have been too busy being apathetic little children to be bothered with taking care of our selves.

Things aren't going to get better until we lose this attitude of "we can't change things".

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   

I actually believe it's a part of the agenda. People are not entirely clueless one hundred percent of the time, so, let people believe or know things aren't right... Then, have them believe they can't do a thing about it.

Might as well not get out of bed this morning. The shady and unknown illuminati are planning things against me that are out of my control.

It takes the responsibility to create change away in a sense. To believe taking on the ills of the world is like asking a tornado to turn a different direction, makes us just accept the circumstances. There's no stopping a tornado, so why try? Just accept the high winds, survive how you can and repair the damage after it causes havoc.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   

That's it exactly.

Not saying there isn't an agenda of control. We'd be awfully stupid not to see that there is. Where we make our huge mistake is this all too common belief that we can do nothing about it.

Our lives are about choices. Choose this, that happens. Choose that, this happens. All too many of us have chosen to not choose...and leave it to others to do. The worst possible choice you can make, IMHO.

I get the impression that you and I are singing from the same hymnal...

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   

It is hard to deny ignorance when you're OD on Kool Aid. Too much sugar.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Hey, deadly... It's good to see you!

I logged on to F&S your thread and to say that it's great to read something like this on ATS... Recently, there was a thread with a poll for president. During the thread, the number of votes in the poll went up and down (think about that), but the thread continued, as if the numbers were real and arguments and fighting about the candidates continued as if they were speaking about something real...

MOST of the time I spend on here lately, I end up shaking my head at how gullible and controllable people are. They believe everything that suits their agenda and nothing that doesn't. Anything that doesn't serve them is just propaganda from the other (evil) side. It's comical, in a sick and sad way. They have been manipulated well.

The lines and been drawn and FEAR is the tool. People CHOOSE to play along or not. Sadly, FAR too many are choosing to jump in the fray and be willing participants in this clown show that is the destruction of a once-great country. No matter who gets elected, we are the victims of this game - and to think... if we had been smart enough, we could have won the damn thing!

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Hey benevolent! Been a while since I've seen you around much, it seems you've clocked out for a bit eh?

I did see that poll, and have read other things such as posts in other forums getting thousands of stars in seconds, and the like as well. All forms of media manipulate information, data, even so called statistics. I was doing research last night on some topics and the "factual" data backed by studies, sourced well, etc you can find for any topic is crazy - especially when they show different and even opposite results.

There's no money in truth. Imagine turning on the nightly news and having them report that all three branches of our government serve themselves and their own, imagine instead of seeing ads for pharmaceutical drugs, we were shown ads on how to cure ourselves with nature ( in example, Marijuana)... Imagine these things ...

Anyways, good to see you! I've missed seeing you as often as I used to, there's been a few people take your place as far as stances goes, but your mind and heart are not easily replaced.

Thanks for coming on!

Deadlyhope

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

It's very likely we do have some commonality on this topic.

My basic "fix" was actually shared a few weeks ago. The short of it is to ignore the media, and start doing something about your views.

Want to see the poor suffer less? Trump and Clinton are not your answer. Volunteering time and even supplies to the local shelter is one example of what could help.

Want to see some political change in your local town? Run for office, call for a meeting, make a petition. I've seen people make change on local and state levels just by being active, being willing. A friend of mine even organized a community event that's now recognized across the world..

The ills we face every day may be plenty, and we're certainly facing an uphill battle to actually change this nation as a whole, but it doesn't mean it can't happen. It simply means we have to start smaller. Voting for the president is idealistic. Opening someone's eyes to the nature of our media and elections and politicians may be more helpful. Getting involved in the best ways we can would be the most helpful.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Great tread points. As these types of threads and comments always are. Usually go in one ea and out the other unfortunately. Sides will chose, a chosen one will win and everything will be great for that side? Or so they think it will but sadly it won't be that way.

Here's it simplified:

No, not saying reptiles(gasp) but saying what this sham system is.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
To seagull& deadlyhope,
I'm a fairly new here but I must say, this was an impressive post. I have been thinking those things for years and talking to anyone who will listen about it. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I personally believe all of this has been true throughout all of human history. So in that regard, none of what we see today is a true surprise to me. But I had hoped the 'American Experiment' was moving the needle in the right direction. Unfortunately, it appears we are just proving the rule and not the exception.

Perhaps one day humanity will get this right. I just doubt it will be in my lifetime.

Accordingly, I've come to the conclusion that a more local focus is best. Love your family and friends and be fair and kind to others. Real change starts with the self.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

The ills we face every day may be plenty, and we're certainly facing an uphill battle to actually change this nation as a whole, but it doesn't mean it can't happen. It simply means we have to start smaller. Voting for the president is idealistic. Opening someone's eyes to the nature of our media and elections and politicians may be more helpful. Getting involved in the best ways we can would be the most helpful.

There's no end to what can be done locally! Whatever one wants to do there is some organization, some group, who will do it with you. Or, yes, people do start things that can even live on after they no longer are able to.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
When polls and voting machines are shown to be rigged and flawed, when the media reports the opposite of what we see with our own eyes, when the only ones selected to be president, who will be selected by anyone other than the citizens are established cronies year after year... Why is it that we cannot associate things correctly?

S&Fs.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I'm not very smart.

So who should I vote for?

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

MOST of the time I spend on here lately, I end up shaking my head at how gullible and controllable people are. They believe everything that suits their agenda and nothing that doesn't. Anything that doesn't serve them is just propaganda from the other (evil) side. It's comical, in a sick and sad way. They have been manipulated well.

Could not agree more with this and most of your comment.

But I know you have closed yourself off from truth due to bias, too. I've seen it. Stop doing that because I think you really do recognize the ugly truth -- these biased flaws -- plainly in others. See it in yourself, too.

Hopefully, you see view the above as sincere and constructive.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

That right there.

I dont know if we agree on things or not, but we agree here.

DONT GIVE UP!

Keep the faith!
Hold it down!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join