It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snacks and junk foods.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   
My nutritional intake throughout the day usually goes like this:

1) iced coffee and fruit or breakfast bar in the morning

2) something for lunch, whatever's available while I'm out on the road for work; sometimes fast food, sometimes a visit to a real restaurant, sometimes nothing at all

3) Sometimes I come home with a salad or something heavier.

4) But then....Wind down time! And that means snacking snacks.

I start to crave a munchie a couple hours before sleep. I think my all-time favorite junk food snack is Funyuns. What's yours?

If you don't eat junk food, tell me your favorite prepared snack. I think mine would be olives and cheeses, and maybe some pickled vegies like asparagus, carrots, etc. A dish of these 3 items is about as good as it gets.

What snack just makes you feel satisfied?

edit on 19-8-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Fritos and pimento cheese. My junk food addictions.
Healthy snack this time of year would be a fresh peach, pear or tomato.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

I think tomatoes are the greatest thing on earth. I have sort of made it my life mission to try as many varieties as I can.

Schlurp!

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I have a thing for slices of salami, or chorizo, wrapped around a peice of cheese.
I used to do it with crackers as well, but I don't anymore because... carbs.

I never eat late at night though. My standing rule is 12 hour fast each night- if I eat at 7 PM, I cannot eat again until 7 AM.

But cheese and sausage makes a perfect dinner when I feel like indulging!

I do miss Nacho Cheese flavored Doritos though.... sigh....

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Roasted seaweed. I'm munching right now.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

ohhh I used to take a slice of summer sausage and glue it to a slice of cheddar with mustard. Heaven.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Excellent choice. I love me some seaweed.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   
This: www.germangoodies4u.com...
Combined with a slice of Milka Noisette chocolate. Tastes kind of like Reese´s Peanutbutter Cups, but I only get them when I get post from canada. So this is the cheap bulk size route for me, If I crave peanuts and choc.

Sometimes you can buy them at gas stations but they cost a fortune (2€ for 3 little cakes)
edit on 19-8-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

When it comes to junk food munchies, these two things are my weakness:

Other than that, we get this amazing turkey-ham-deer kolbassa that our local butcher makes here in town. Yes, he actually makes his kolbassa with a combination of smoked deer, ham, and turkey meats.... I swear this stuff is the best I've ever tasted in all my life, bar none !

I like to slice that up and make a big platter of it with various cheeses, pickles, olives, and crackers. Pair that with another platter of fresh veggies and dip... and I'm a happy camper.

Nom nom nom.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Love spicy noodles, BBQ crisps, harry bows sweets, cookies and many more snack/junk food.

Normal stuff, pasta, stake pie/tea bone, broccoli, chips/fries, chicken wings, many types of pizza, Curry's and healthy/un healthy stuff.

You got me all hungry now OP lol.
edit on 19-8-2016 by DarkvsLight29 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Hanging head....pink faced....

popcorn or big old mug of black raspberry ice cream.
I'm resigned to the GMO stuff killing me.

Would have said pork rinds but I finally got that monkey off my back. YAY!!!!!
( still miss them...sobbing....)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Not a huge junk/snack food person although I do like potato chips. If I had to pick something I make a serious bacon-cheddar pub cheese that tastes great with the oversize hard sourdough pretzels or with crackers.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   
NarcolepticBuddha

Pepperoni and pepperjack cheese..yum!

Best snack ever!

Thanks,
blend57

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Most any time of year ... anything fruit. I have always loved fruit although I can't exactly call that "junk" food. Where we live now, they grow lots of peaches, and they're small and sweet and extra juicy!

After that, anything cheese!

Oh, and sunflower seeds ...

Occasionally, I get a hankering, so we bake up a batch of cookies that we munch on all week. This week we have peanut butter chocolate chip, but they're all gone now. With two adults and kid all taking one or two at a time, that doesn't last long.
edit on 19-8-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
im a big fan of charcuterie. I prefer italian meats (coppacola, salami, etc). I like cheeses and olives, too. I really like marinated cheeses, like feta marinated in olive oil, garlic, and herbs de province. I snack on this quite a bit.

I love a crusty french loaf split and covered in herbs de province oil, then garlic butter on top of that. But i can't eat breads because i've gotten too fat. LOL, so im on the naughty list until enough of my clothes fit that I don't want to buy new clothes.

So for now i make a low carb chocolate and eat it with peanut butter.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
im a big fan of charcuterie. I prefer italian meats (coppacola, salami, etc). I like cheeses and olives, too. I really like marinated cheeses, like feta marinated in olive oil, garlic, and herbs de province. I snack on this quite a bit.

I love a crusty french loaf split and covered in herbs de province oil, then garlic butter on top of that.

Okay. None of that is junk food. Quite the contrary, those are staples on any good gourmands food pyramid.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

well....its snack food.

If we are talking junk food....i have but one serious weakness. And while playing nice with carbs, i have to find ways to emulate it to keep myself sane:

In particular, these little buggers. I don't know how i don't have diabetes since these were released:

Otherwise, low carb or not, im just as likely to eat a spoonful of peanut butter.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

NB ❤️

Funyons omg I use to love those things. I can taste them right now!

My go to snack always involves chocolate. I always keep a bag of peanut M&M's in my freezer or a bag of dark chocolate goodies.

I also love cheese, love it but since having my gallbladder removed two years ago I've had to cut waaaay back on my cheese intake. My cheese drawer is still in my fridge with all my favorite cheeses but I don't snack on it like I use to. Lately I've been into pretzel sticks dipped in Dijon mustard. No I'm not pregnant lol

My son on the other hand his favorite snacks are fruit and raw veggies. He loves carrots and blueberries and will eat an entire container of blueberries if I let him.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Ohhhhh Reese's! I use to keep them in my freezer with the M&Ms buuuut they disappeared so easily lol! I have a huge addiction to these but have had to cut way back on them. I buy the tiny bag of mini's on occasion and that's it now.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
well....its snack food.

I'm just trying to make me and you feel better about gobbling down salumi. It's addictive.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join