It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gary Johnson May Soon Receive Secret Service Protection

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
He's apparently qualified, or almost qualified by the criteria put forth for Secret Service protection; it's up to the Department of Homeland Security to decide now:

Candidates must:
Be publicly announced
Have some degree of prominence as shown by opinion polls
Be actively campaigning and entered in at least 10 state primaries
Be seeking the nomination of a qualified party
Have qualified for matching funds in the amount of at least $100,000
Have received contributions totaling $10 million

He's qualified for all but the last and that looks like it won't be long now.

Here's hoping he's 'allowed' into the debates; the fact that this is even up in the air is obscene, given the dubious quality, drummed up eligibility and criminal backgrounds of the other two candidates.

The mainstream media candidates are national security threats, liars and cheap con-men. Time for some adults to be added to the choices, America.

thelibertarianrepublic.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: SentientCentenarian

If Johnson wasn't for open borders or for the TPP, I'd be about it.

If Stein didn't have a 2nd amendment agenda I could maybe give her more thought.

Even still, the majority could find a better candidate in one of these two rather than the publicized main candidates. For that reason, them and their messages will keep being suppressed.

edit on 18-8-2016 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-8-2016 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The only reason these third-party candidates are even getting the time of day is because of Trump. He is truly starting a political revolution in America.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

The TPP is completely against the peoples interest though. It is mainly about more freedom and rights for corporations and even some chapters on internet policing. Why would you want that?

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: WanderingNomadd

I worded my post wrong, I'm against the TPP.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Ahh I was expecting a Obama rhetoric response. Makes more sense now.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: WanderingNomadd

I was against NAFTA am against TPP. My collar is very blue, I feel the effects of this madness.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

You *do* realize that Gary ran four years ago for the Presidency, right? Back when Trump was ripping off senior citizens with Trump University and declaring bankruptcy and suing as many people as possible...

Johnson is a successful self-made millionaire, highly respected and liked two term governor and a triathlete. Weld also, two term successful well liked governor; both men have real life to back up their political positions.

Trump has experience not paying his bills and hiring as many lawyers as possible to sue and intimidate people. He's not starting a revolution, he's wh@cking off in his supporter's faces.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   

It's because of his support of the TPP I'm convinced the Libertarian Party is being set up by the PTB to replace the Republican Party. Right now they are focused on getting 8 more years of the democratic party. Next election it will be time for the Libertarian Party to shine. Split the votes with the Republican Party and set them up for the win in 2024.

We the people will cheer, and the PTB will as well for having pulled the wool over our eyes and claimed victory once again.

The ground work for taking over the Libertarian Party seems clear and obvious to me.

Sadly Soros machinations are all over the Stein and the Green Party, so I'm not sure what to do at this point.

I'm start to consider Trump at this point because, what the # why not....

edit on 8/19/2016 by Puppylove because: Party, Party, it's Libertarian Party dummy... and it's not just Stein so much as the whole party... I watched the convention... so much racial division... damnit Soros!!!

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

I think it was you who pointed out the Johnson/TPP connection to me awhile ago. I was sad.

It is becoming clear that no politician is free from the tentacles of those with wads of money to throw around. I'm not sure where to turn at this point but the fact that Trump is universally hated by MSM dems and repubs alike, he will most likely fit the bill.

Sad state of affairs to be sure.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Lets be honest with ourselves, nobody really cared or even heard of Johnson until the 2016 cycle.

If this was a Bush/Clinton race the major media outlets wouldn't give Johnson or Stein 5 seconds of airtime. Trump is stirring the pot so much even third-party candidates are getting into the spotlight.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   

I'm sorry for my part in taking away your hope then.

I hate the PTB and the way humans are so easily swayed by the greed of their hefty wallets...

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   

I'm thankful! I would have found out eventually but it goes to show is Libertarian platform is a farce.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   
That Gary Johnson wants an open border with Mexico, so open that in his words ideally cars are passing each other going 65mph in both directions, tells me he's the most looney and anti-American candidate we've ever seen.

That's actually worse than Hillary and Obama. They're insane too when it comes to immigration and protecting our borders but at least they still want some form of a southern border whereas Johnson wants it completely open. That essentially tells the entire world, all you need to do is get to Mexico and you're welcomed into America with open arms.

And then we don't have a country anymore.

But if he sees no threat from anyone, why the hell does he need Secret Service?
edit on 19-8-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Johnson doesn't need SS protection, no one cares about him.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   

edit on 19-8-2016 by SentientCentenarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Sanders with his rise and fall would also have a hand in it.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   

It's more the removal of hope I'm sad for. I've been all gung ho about voting third party then, I had to write Gary off and after the Green Party convention, and the more I learn about Soros the more I'm convinced I need to write the Green Party off too as it really looks like he's influencing it using BLM so I'm on the verge of writing Stein off.

I'm left with nothing... I have no hope for any candidate at this point. I can't with a good conscience vote for any of them.

Right now it's between Stein and Trump...

I'm actually considering voting for Donald Trump as president of the United States...

How desperate am I? How far have things fallen that this is becoming even a vaguely acceptable statement?

edit on 8/19/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   
You all need to do more research into the man and not trust your Breitbart sources.

He makes Trump look like the idiot he is, so I understand the hesitation, but give it a good shot, why don't you?

And he gets SS protection for the obvious reasons.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   

I would be willing to bet the same sentiment is echoed about 125 million times across the US at this point.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join