It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't christians follow the laws of Leviticus and kill homosexuals, adulterers, etc.?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: craig732

because in the "christian" world...christian laws do not apply. Secular laws do...and all christians more or less understand...that Secular laws trump God's laws....if you dont want to spend your entire life behind bars.

While in some other parts of the world...secular laws are non existent and state laws are taken from the "good" book.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   

This is extremely simple to answer. Forgiveness. Yes, it is technically lawful for Christians to condemn those that break the Levitical law, but forgiveness is the answer. That is what Christ taught. Christ did NOT abolish anything, he reminded us what it means to love and how to apply that love to others in our daily lives. There is no law against forgiveness. If you sin against me and I forgive you, that sin is wiped away. You no longer have anything to bear except your own conscience.

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

I don't know how many times I have to quote this until it sinks in, but I'll keep doing it when it's relevant, which seems to be a lot these days. The reason that horrible law even exists is because humans are greedy pieces of trash; they want blood for blood, an eye for an eye. That is NOT the way of the Father, that is the way of men. They wanted it and so they got it. "If you live by the sword you will die by the sword"
edit on 19-8-2016 by Aedaeum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   
The short answer to your question is;
"Now we are discharged from the law, dead to that which held us captive, so that we serve not under the old written code [e.g. Leviticus] but in the new life of the Spirit"- Romans ch7 v6.

Do you want Christians to be stoning adulterers etc? Are you complaining?
I've known it happen. Somebody once started a thread about Christians being evil because they stoned adulterers. When I pointed out that Christians do not, in fact, stone adulterers, he suddenly changed his angle of attack and began arguing that Christians ought to be stoning adulterers. We were morally reprehensible for not stoning them.
Apparently he regarded it as a kind of cheating, failing to stone adulterers at a time when somebody wants to attack you for doing it.
So when you ask this question, are you trying to recall us to our duties?

edit on 19-8-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Well, given that he also instructs us not to judge others, lest we be judged ourselves, given that he instructs us to love our fellow human beings also, I feel that when a contradiction arises, the best thing to do is to resort to not judging, and choosing to love our fellow human beings.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Most Christians have no idea that such things are even in the bible... so that makes the very concept of killing others because of their sexual preference null and void for the most part

Those that actually do know what is in the bible generally fall into two camps...

Fundies.. some of which would probably kill people IF it was actually allowed in todays society because its "Gods word"

And the rest who understand that their "god" gave two commandments

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Aedaeum

This is extremely simple to answer. Forgiveness. Yes, it is technically lawful for Christians to condemn those that break the Levitical law, but forgiveness is the answer.

No it isnt. It's fear of repercussions.

And as for condemnation...in the christian world...plenty condemn...but that's where it stops...because secular laws allow condemnation...but not actions based on such condemnation.

If there were no secular laws about murder...homosexuals would be hanging by the threes.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   
The law to the nation of Israel was not given to everyone else. If you are not a part of that nation you don't have to follow it. In fact no other nation at that time followed the law. And after Israel put God's son, Jesus, to death, the law was done away with. It is no longer in effect.

It isn't that Christians don't know about it like some here slyly with lies tell you. It's just that no Christian is held accountable by the Mosaic law.

Pretty simple, straightforward, easy to understand, and correct.

It is quite extraordinary how many people are confused about so many basic and simple things.
edit on 19-8-2016 by GailNot because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Well, that verse even I understand. However, everyone says the New Testamemt is mich better.

Instructions on Worship
2 I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— 2 for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. 3 This is good, and pleases God our Savior, 4 who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus, 6 who gave himself as a ransom for all people. This has now been witnessed to at the proper time. 7 And for this purpose I was appointed a herald and an apostle—I am telling the truth, I am not lying—and a true and faithful teacher of the Gentiles.

8 Therefore I want the men everywhere to pray, lifting up holy hands without anger or disputing. 9 I also want the women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, adorning themselves, not with elaborate hairstyles or gold or pearls or expensive clothes, 10 but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God.

11 A woman[a] should learn in quietness and full submission. 12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet. 13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner. 15 But women[c] will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety.

Footnotes:

1 Timothy 2:11 Or wife; also in verse 12
1 Timothy 2:12 Or over her husband
1 Timothy 2:15 Greek she

Is it? Is it really?
What about this verse? Ive seen many Christian women with a great deal of authrotiy.

edit on 19-8-2016 by jjsr420 because: Removed bold?

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: jjsr420

Welcome to Paulianity

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: jjsr420

Welcome to Paulianity

He means to say that Satan hates Paul's inspiration from God so much, that after 2000 years, he still attacks him. Almost, almost as much as he does Jesus.

This demon will attack Jesus' words too when you give him a chance.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

So because there are those that don't understand the bible and don't believe in forgiveness, you're going to heap all of Christianity in the same fire? You're entitled to your opinion, but know that that's all it is. Those that fear repercussions and believe that the Levitical law should be carried out are not of the love of the Father, but are carnal beasts of the field.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: GailNot

Actually thats not even close...

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   

The way I understand it, Jesus did not abolish the law...he added to it. Two seemingly simple commands - Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and mind; and love others as you would yourself.... and if you truly abide in these, you will not break any law.

matt.22;37...

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Leviticus is addressed to Levite priests.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: milano

You do realize, have an understanding, that you and everyone else who hates God, are living on borrowed time. All of you.
You still breath and have life because he loves you, even if you hate him.

You have no idea do you? You have no idea.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Matrixsurvivor

Because Jesus didn't support the corrupted Torah the Priests were teaching, nor did He support the "laws of Yahweh".

That's false, Jesus didn't support the doctrine of the Pharisees and Sadducees. They had elevated their oral law and rabbinical traditions and teachings above the Torah. Jesus explains this in Mark chapter 7 when He tells them they have made the word of God to none effect by the traditions of their elders.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Disbelieve or doubt does not equal hate dude

I think you need a beer or something... relax

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Disbelieve or doubt does not equal hate dude

I think you need a beer or something... relax

Welcome back from your self-imposed sabbatical.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

lol... Im always around

seems to be a shortage of interesting threads lately though

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   

a reply to: NOTurTypical

lol... Im always around

seems to be a shortage of interesting threads lately though

I hear that, I've been thinking the same thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join