It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wave or Particle?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

So is it my "eye" or my mind that will succeed me. How do I identify your words if they aren't appearing on my screen - oh they are appearing.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   
when the dog farts you know? correct? does it matter how you know? The human mind has some amazing functions, but once you start saying my mind then one could make mistakes. a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   
SLAYER69

I am a sine wave.

All waves can be made by adding up sine waves. The sine wave has a pattern that repeats. The length of this repeating piece of the sine wave is called the wavelength. The wavelength can be found by measuring the length or distance between one peak of a sine wave and the next peak. The wavelength can be found in many other ways too.

But when I come together with another, who is traveling in the same direction but at a slightly different frequency, with their help, I become this:

Two sine waves with different frequencies: Beats
Two waves of equal amplitude are travelling in the same direction. The two waves have different frequencies and wavelengths, but they both travel with the same wave speed. Using the principle of superposition, the resulting particle displacement may be written as:

So, I'm ok to hang out with others, but I will always walk to the beat of my own drum

Thanks,
blend57

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   
You know, I'm not much of Bible thumper, and never read it( cept the good parts) but thinking about light being able to go back and forth between a particle or wave made me think of one particular read.

"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."

One moment it is a particle, next it becomes wave, and you know it going to become a particle again, and God being the light and all.

As for me, I'd just go with the flow of things.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: blend57
SLAYER69

I am a sine wave.

All waves can be made by adding up sine waves. The sine wave has a pattern that repeats. The length of this repeating piece of the sine wave is called the wavelength. The wavelength can be found by measuring the length or distance between one peak of a sine wave and the next peak. The wavelength can be found in many other ways too.

Your Gif/Pic got my gears grinding a bit and burnt some cob webs, by watching it movement...Try putting a yin and yang symbol where ether inner dot of it is connected to that bouncing sine wave ball. No idea what Im trying to get at here other then, the yin and yang symbol turns or spins.

edit on 20-8-2016 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ancientthunder

but once you start saying my mind then one could make mistakes

Or one can be certain that there is nothing outside of my mind - and not be fearful of death

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: blend57

So, I'm ok to hang out with others, but I will always walk to the beat of my own drum

But the beat is not your own - its a function of walking with others

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Just like Dave Bowman!!! beyond the beyond and back again. Only nothing is the same.a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
TheConstruKctionofLight

Ok..my frequency is still my own..but it blends well with others..as long as we are both traveling along at the same speed..

The two waves have different frequencies and wavelengths, but they both travel with the same wave speed.

And the beat goes on...

Thanks,
blend57

*Dances the hustle as she exits the room...*
edit on 20-8-2016 by blend57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Wave or particle?
Neither.
Wave and particle are but the two classical extremes of the quantum spectrum. Physicists have now detected matter behaving partly as a wave and partly as a particle. The notion that it has to be either one possibility or the other is an out-of-date view that is taught to Physics 101 students who never update their understanding once they graduate by keeping in touch with the latest research.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Waves of particles, when the wind blows, the surf flows, the dune marches and the clouds gather.

In waves, of particles. If we see that down here, then it follows that the same is true of the larger macrocosm and the smaller microcosm.

Look at a particle collision diagram. See how bits of matter , infinitesimal though they may be, get knocked out of their orbits, then spiral back in to return to their center of gravity.

A wave can't do that, only a particle can.

When we further consider the attraction gravity has for the very large planets, stars and galaxies, we see they are made from particles too, just on a mega scale, behaving the same way as the very small, orbiting their center of mass.
edit on 20-8-2016 by intrptr because: emphasis

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

How close do you personally feel you might identify with one or the other?

It seems we are born with a natural duality.

Either Male or female perspectives, left or right, Up or Down etc.

Do you feel you're governed by one with a little understanding of the other or can you reach beyond your initial life experience programing, and perceived reality and empathize by their other side?

Keep in mind, that there might be an "Observer" who may. or may not, have influenced governing our experience/Perception based on their parameters.

Thoughts?

I am a particle with waves.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I gave this much time, months to decide and I have free will and have chosen particle. waves are predictable. but that's not who I am nor what I have been given.

You?
edit on 26-2-2017 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Pilot wave

www.quantamagazine.org... ains-experimental-support/

A particle being shoved around by waves.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: Itisnowagain

So is it my "eye" or my mind that will succeed me. How do I identify your words if they aren't appearing on my screen - oh they are appearing.

The eye and the thoughts (mind) come and go in what you are. These words are appearing but they also do not stay - you are the one constant. Is there ever a time when you are not?
So you are like the ocean and all that appears is waves. Or you are the screen on which everything appears and disappears - like the tv - the screen gets overlooked in favour of the appearing things upon it.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: OneGoal

Both. Like light.

Solidity and grounding in particulate form. Potentiality and possibilities in wave form.

Nice one. I go along with that too.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Particle. I begin and end. I have a boundary. There are place where I am. There are places where I am not. We should learn how to be finite instead of pretending to be infinite.

Good description of particle. How about wave ?

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I feel like a particle adrift riding waves...
Sometimes im carving and loving every minute or in awe as I peak at the crest...
But othertimes im down low in the trough surrounded by hopelessness and even consider bailing... But I hold on... I just keep holding on...

So I have decided I am both... The particle is the physical me... The waves are my inner self my emotions generate the intensity...
edit on 26-2-2017 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The waves are already their. Particles detect and modify their wave function (binding them, slowing them, shorting them)

Particles are the infection. "Pix-els" come from the 'sandman'. Swallowed regurgitated memories luring your "eye" deeper into his dream, to power his automatons in the next layer of the recursive black hole conciousness trap we reside within .

The material world is a anchor for the spiritual. When i say anchor, I mean more like concrete swim shoes.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join