It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: "I regret my words"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

One has to be for or against Trump. There should be a way in between because the man made some good points.
But sadly there is no way in between.

I have the feeling Trump is giving up. I think he made so many uncontrolled and sometimes terrible statements that he has reached a point of no return. He must be desperate.

I know politics is intrigue, is cowardly, is relentless, has a lot of hidden agendas, etcetera …

But nevertheless at the end the best will win. And in my opinion it will be Hillary.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: SudoNim

originally posted by: Vector99

originally posted by: Vector99

Now he's apologised, and like the good little sheep that you are you flip-flop and claim its a good thing? What happened to having the balls to say what he likes and not care? What happened to telling it like it is and never compromising?

Nearly half of the voting population of America are precious little snowflakes. He's now campaigning like a politician. He apologized for upsetting people and saying inappropriate things. The same majority that found him repulsive will now think lightly of him if he keeps this up.

The die-hard blue people will find a way to criticize the very method their candidates use to win elections, and at the same time claim they are sick of establishment rules, but decide to vote establishment.

You guys literally make the term not knowing a good idea if it slapped you in the face ironic as hell.

Baa

Praise him for being unapologetic in his approach to politics.
Praise him when he apologises for upsetting anyone.

Baa

Or go with Hillary. Which means to anyone that has any knowledge of politics in any way, shape, or form that your avatar is the literal embodiment of the democratic party.

Shoot themselves in the eye without knowing any better.

Go Hillary right?

Did I mention Hillary?

I love that my avatar seems to anger so many people, its just my opinion on the gun ownership in America summed up from a cartoon. Calm yourself.

You guys literally make it so easy.

Where exactly did I say you mentioned Hillary? Oh I didn't ok then...

Your avatar doesn't anger me LOL, like I said, it embraces the embodiment of modern day democrats.

Now isn't about time you start making an anti-Trump thread?

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

No it's his ego.
The I regret part was words on a teleprompter. He read them. He's scared now. Shaking up the staff in mid Aug???
A sign of desperation.
Those words are not his they are Kellyanne Conway's words. She has an impossible task ahead of her. She has to try and reign him in while agreeing to let him be trump. She's starting with this heart warming moment.
In any event electorate maps show no path for trump.
God bless you Kellyanne. You have an impossible job to do.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: kruphix

Do you think Hillary supporters and her Campaign are scared stiff now?

X: I agree with you. I think their very blood is actually running cold.

No. Sorry but no.
Nothing has changed.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: burntheships

I like this, his voice passed my lie detector test.

When in the thousand times he's lied in the last few months alone did his voice ever trigger your lie detector? I think it's malfunctioning. Did you unplug it? Is it under warranty?

What lies? Have you been reading politifact and snopes again?

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

www.dailywire.com...

That should get you reading for a bit.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

I think Trump is playing to the probable non-voters with an anti-Hillary mindset.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: SentientCentenarian

Let's see Trump vs Hillary, yes I want Trump.

Most of the brightest people I know have the attention span of a goldfish, because they are able to critically think about several things at once.

It's a gift, as soon as someone mutters a word about a project at work my mind is 100 steps ahead of everyone else in the room.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I think the 'apology' was more of an admission that he doesn't say the right things from time to time because he is open and says how he feels at the time. An example would be the Muslim ban - he said it after the attack in San Bernadino... I think the guy genuinely loves America and was angry and upset about what happened and went too far in the language (but not the intent). Once he was more calm, he moved this to a ban from certain countries.

Now, the regret he has (if he really has it) is a double edged sword. If I were in the Hillary camp, I would be saying how he can't be trusted because in his own words he says things he later regrets and that can be very dangerous in a delicate situation with a foreign power. On the other side it shows the guy is reflective and is not afraid to admit he was wrong (note, even if it was tele-prompted, he still has to agree to admit he was wrong to millions of people and that takes guts).

The other thing that I hope his campaign is aware of... when you publicly say you regret some language, there are many many people who will accept it and give you another chance. However, if you then go and say more things that upset people you've blown it. Second / Second chances are much more difficult for people to give. It would make the situation worse than if he had never admitted regret in the first place. The way to show people that his regret is real is to watch what he says and to keep his message focused on policy and ONLY Clinton and Obama.

Time will tell if he can keep his cool. Right now I think many independents will accept what he said and give him a chance. It does not mean they will vote for him, but I think they will now listen to the policy and potentially vote for him. He'll burn his bridge if he reverts though.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   

www.dailywire.com...

I didn't really mean opinions about 'lies'.
Media opinion is about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

I did however read down the first 10 and none of them were proven to be lies by this article.
After that I got bored as I often do when I read or see propaganda.
edit on 19/8/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Angela Merkel will never do the same...

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

www.dailywire.com...

I did however read down the first 10 and none of them were proven to be lies by this article.

So point number 2 on the list Trump says unemployment rate is 20%, when it is actually 4.3% and 8.3%.

That's not lying to you? He used incorrect figures to make a point.

You didn't mean "opinions" about lies? What the hell does that mean, its just a weak attempt at an excuse.

These are 101 lies. Not media lies, not anyone else lies. Lies that Donald Trump told.

Stick your head in the sand all you like.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   

www.dailywire.com...

So point number 2 on the list Trump says unemployment rate is 20%, when it is actually 4.3% and 8.3%.

You didn't mean "opinions" about lies? What the hell does that mean, its just a weak attempt at an excuse.

These are 101 lies. Not media lies, not anyone else lies. Lies that Donald Trump told.

Which numbers was Trump given by his statisticians? He always asks his stats people for the numbers (which I know because he references that fact in his speeches in most every state he visits).... did they include those no longer looking for a job (which are EXCLUDED from the official stats). Do you know? Trump was repeating the numbers from a briefing he gets from his team. IF it was an error, it most certainly was not a lie.

The entire lying '101' you linked is chocked full of opinions on whether he lies, which are almost entirely false. For example 3 of the top 20 relate to that stupid journalist who said she was assaulted. One 'lie' says it was 'debunked' that she changed her statement. She DID change her statement. I know because I read both of her statements, before and after she realised there was a video... on her own blog site.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   
OP, I knew you were a intelligent man, and would eventually come around about Trump.

Plus, I gotta give you credit for triggering every Hillary lover in one thread. This hasn't happened ever, and it's such a joy reading their scared comments, and defending their cult leader.

Can someone link me a youtube link to Hillary's latest press conference? I want to see how she's handling something without in advanced prepared questions and controlling who gets to be there.

Oh, wait never mind.

And, this is why I love this man. A human being, unlike his lying, corrupted, murderous puppet/opponent. I always enjoy listening to his speeches, especially his latest, because he just keeps getting better and better

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 05:49 AM
link   
A sociopathic non-apology from the flim flam man. Way to pivot. Soon his new handlers will be as suicidal as the last ones.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 05:49 AM
link   

www.dailywire.com...

Which numbers was Trump given by his statisticians? He always asks his stats people for the numbers (which I know because he references that fact in his speeches in most every state he visits).... did they include those no longer looking for a job (which are EXCLUDED from the official stats). Do you know? Trump was repeating the numbers from a briefing he gets from his team. IF it was an error, it most certainly was not a lie.

So you plead ignorance on Trumps behalf?

It's not a lie because in Trumps head what he is saying is true.

For example 3 of the top 20 relate to that stupid journalist who said she was assaulted. One 'lie' says it was 'debunked' that she changed her statement. She DID change her statement. I know because I read both of her statements, before and after she realised there was a video... on her own blog site.

None of them are saying she didn't change her statement, you are arguing against a point you've made up.

And only two of the 101 points use the word debunked and neither refer to someone changing their statement.

So are you lying or are you going to plead ignorance on that?

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
OP, I knew you were a intelligent man, and would eventually come around about Trump.

Plus, I gotta give you credit for triggering every Hillary lover in one thread. This hasn't happened ever, and it's such a joy reading their scared comments, and defending their cult leader.

Can someone link me a youtube link to Hillary's latest press conference? I want to see how she's handling something without in advanced prepared questions and controlling who gets to be there.

Oh, wait never mind.

And, this is why I love this man. A human being, unlike his lying, corrupted, murderous puppet/opponent. I always enjoy listening to his speeches, especially his latest, because he just keeps getting better and better

That clinches it!

Desperately trying to turn this into a positive and claim Hillary supporters are scared.

Trump is losing, he's being forced to change his approach because it wasn't working.

Trump is about to sink his own ship and take you all down with him. That's why Trump supporters rushed to this thread to try and play it down, the collapse is imminent, he's played you all.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   

www.dailywire.com...

So you plead ignorance on Trumps behalf?

It's not a lie because in Trumps head what he is saying is true.

For example 3 of the top 20 relate to that stupid journalist who said she was assaulted. One 'lie' says it was 'debunked' that she changed her statement. She DID change her statement. I know because I read both of her statements, before and after she realised there was a video... on her own blog site.

None of them are saying she didn't change her statement, you are arguing against a point you've made up.

And only two of the 101 points use the word debunked and neither refer to someone changing their statement.

So are you lying or are you going to plead ignorance on that?

4. March 29: Trump alleged that when Michelle Fields "found out that there was a security camera, and that they had her on tape, all of a sudden that story changed." Absolutely untrue.

You're welcome to your propaganda, like point 4 above.
Your link, providing a list of meaningless and untrue dribble is there. People can take a look.

Meanwhile' I'll get back to Trump's incredible series of speeches... they seem to have got some anti Trump people all in a tizz

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: SudoNim

The only thing that I see are Hillary lovers, all of them, trying to present this as something bad. You're no different than your media. It's honestly really pathetic how hard you try to twist everything this man says or does. You should give it a rest, and stop selling me, and everyone else stories that you heard on TV how's his campaign is falling apart, because obviously reality speaks for itself.

Mister Donald Trump has never been more on point, plus the crowd on his rallies just keep getting bigger and bigger.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I am still not in the Trump camp, but I have to admit that this past week's town hall speeches have been some of his best! I am glad he is taken advantage of teleprompters. It shows me that he may really be sincere in becoming our next President. No one can accurately recall all the minutest details regarding all of the issues without a prompter. It makes them seemed more informed. So far, even with these details, it still comes across as sincerely Trump.

Perhaps, all of these speeches will assist him come the debates. Repitition assists in recalling factual details. Clinton has had many years experience in this area, but unfortunately, she often seems confused. She changes what she says to fit her audience, that leads to confusion, insincerity.

I have and am still on the third party sidelines watching, but honestly, am looking forward to the debates. Could I change who I vote for? Of course! True...I can't imagine voting for Clinton...but Trump could redirect my third party vote his way come the debates.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join