It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: "I regret my words"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I don't know what that even means....something about me automatically being a Clinton supporter because I find Trump a laughing stock ?

Meah

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Whatever ...moving on..

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

You are out of your damn mind. He has blatantly admitted to doing just that, during a debate if I recall correctly.

Yawn.

Breitba rt - Donald Trump Rejects ‘False Song of Globalism’ in Nationalist ‘America First’ Foreign Policy Speech

“We will no longer surrender this country, or its people, to the false song of globalism,” the billionaire stressed. “Under a Trump Administration, no American citizen will ever again feel that their needs come second to the citizens of foreign countries.”

CNN - Trump slams globalization, promises to upend economic status quo

"Our politicians have aggressively pursued a policy of globalization -- moving our jobs, our wealth and our factories to Mexico and overseas," he said, reading from prepared remarks and using teleprompters. "Globalization has made the financial elite who donate to politicians very, very wealthy. I used to be one of them. Hate to say it, but I used to be one of them."

(Maybe you can explain what he used to that he doesn't do now. Did he stop making his crap overseas? He's no longer hiring people on work visas? What is it exactly that makes him a former globalist?)

RCP - Trump Accepts Nomination: Americanism, Not Globalism Will Be Our Credo

Here NR destroys his abject hypocrisy:

NR - Trump’s Anti-‘Globalism’ Is Anti–Free Trade

In fact, Trump himself knows better. Here’s what he wrote on globalism back in 2013: “We will have to leave borders behind and go for global unity when it comes to financial stability. . . . The future of Europe, as well as the United States, depends on a cohesive global economy.”

Source please? We do deny ignorance here, or at least attempt to

The Hill - Trump: It's 'very, very hard' to hire workers for Florida resort

“We come with a lot of people. But it's very, very hard to get people in Palm Beach during the Palm Beach season. It's called the Palm Beach Social Season. And what we do is we sometimes have to bring people in.”

Acording to the National Review, 94.4% of American applicants for jobs at Mar-a-Lago were denied since 2010 (283 out of 300) while he pursued 500+ visas for foreign workers at the resort.

The EXACT implication can be set upon you in your misbeliefs bestowed upon you by the media, whether it be direct or indirect, you believe stuff that has zero substantial evidence or proof...just because.

By all means. Please, set me straight about anything I've said that is factually incorrect. I don't like being wrong, I go to great lengths to avoid saying inaccurate things. Please. Show me where I'm wrong, as you can see I'm gladly doing the same for you.

I wondered who the heck this guy you are referencing is and this came up

Actually, while that Tim O'Brien is obviously a very accomplished and respected author, the author of the book in question is Timothy L. O'Brien

O'Brien is the publisher and a member of the editorial board at Bloomberg View, a commentary site about business, politics, and foreign affairs. O'Brien was a reporter for the New York Times before becoming its Sunday Business editor in 2006. O'Brien has written two nonfiction books: 1998's Bad Bet: The Inside Story of the Glamour, Glitz, and Danger of America's Gambling Industry (ISBN 0-8129-2807-5) and 2005's TrumpNation: The Art of Being The Donald (ISBN 978-1422366189). He contracted with Random House for a series of historical novels during the period between the American Civil War and World War I. His novel The Lincoln Conspiracy (ISBN 978-0-345-49677-5) was published in 2012. He was previously the executive editor of The Huffington Post and has written for The Wall Street Journal and Talk Magazine. O'Brien edited a multi-part series on wounded war veterans that won a Pulitzer Prize for national reporting in 2012. He is also a recipient of a Loeb Award for Distinguished Business Journalism. He helped oversee a team of New York Times reporters that won a Pulitzer Prize finalist for its coverage of the 2008 financial crisis.

I mean a 180 in the sense that all left-wingers claimed to the fact that Donald was a narcissistic egomaniac that could NEVER admit when he was wrong. Well, he did, so what now?

And he, his dozen media surrogates and adoring supporters have all been saying all along that he's not done anything to apologize for. If an apology is sincere, it means that the person apologizing recognizes the wrong he's done and truly regrets having done it. So now all that stuff that he didn't do wrong, he's admitting he did wrong?

So all of his surrogates have been lying and his supporters deluding themselves?

Also, your good friends at Fortune estimate his net worth at 3.9 billion with a B as of May 2016. Sure it's less than 10 billion, but it's a whole lot more than you left-wing conspirators like to believe. He is indeed a multi-billionaire...sorry to rain on your parade.

I don't even have any acquaintances at Fortune let alone friends, good or otherwise. Are you saying it doesn't matter if he lies about how much he's worth by that much? How do we know that any of those numbers are correct? Are you conceding that he might not be releasing his taxes because he lies about how much he's worth and not because of this audit nonsense? Does that lie not matter either? I'd love to know which lies of Donald Trump's actually matter.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   
That little frustration you folk are getting is your cognitive dissonance. Having been taught to hate the guy for so long, you are conflicted as you slowly find out that you love him. That's my guess.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Controlled by his handlers from the GOP and his donors.

Name them...

The people who keep threaten to take his money away

What fantasy world do you live in? No one has "taken away" money from him.

Wait until he has some the worst polling numbers in history

The true polling numbers count in November.

I'll keep it nice. Your commentary on politics is barely legible at some points, it's best if you keep to commenting on military aspects. I don't understand why Trump has you so upset, but your rationale for dislike is more personal than based in actual reason, logic, or facts. You don't like Trump, cool, we get it.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

There is a fine line between a voice of reason and a priggish moralist, especially when you claim the title yourself. If you have to tell us you are, it is usually because you ain't.

Trump's dialect and delivery may be blasphemy to you, but to myself and I think others, it is a breath of fresh air in comparison to the robotic and droll euphemism the world has been infected with up until now.

Everything you have stated Trump has already admitted to. He said he was establishment right up until 2 months before his campaign. His answer? Who better to take on the establishment than someone who knows the establishment? The reasons why Trump has to hire foreign workers, has to hire manufacturers overseas, is for the exact same reasons why Trump is saying it happens to other companies and that trade needs to change. That's not hypocrisy.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian
Well this will be short

We will no longer surrender this country, or its people, to the false song of globalism,

read the bold

"Our politicians have aggressively pursued a policy of globalization -- moving our jobs, our wealth and our factories to Mexico and overseas," he said, reading from prepared remarks and using teleprompters. "Globalization has made the financial elite who donate to politicians very, very wealthy.I used to be one of them. Hate to say it, but I used to be one of them."

again the bold

“We come with a lot of people. But it's very, very hard to get people in Palm Beach during the Palm Beach season. It's called the Palm Beach Social Season. And what we do is we sometimes have to bring people in.”

Oh, you mean like seasonal hiring? Did you read the article? I guess no. Show me where it says he's sourcing his labor from overseas please...oh you can't? Yep.

Acording to the National Review, 94.4% of American applicants for jobs at Mar-a-Lago were denied since 2010 (283 out of 300)

Of course you will say i'm making it up, but I have to call BS on these stats simply because they are not public information unless you decide to make them up. When you do make them up they can neither be confirmed nor denied. I say this with knowledge of the hiring process and processing for a few companies. That is all strictly confidential information and never disclosed to anyone outside an official government inquiry, which also is confidential.

So pardon me if i say BS on that.

Timothy L. O'Brien

His book is obviously wrong. Trump is indeed a billionaire a few times over, one of your own sources said so.

And he, his dozen media surrogates and adoring supporters have all been saying all along that he's not done anything to apologize for. If an apology is sincere, it means that the person apologizing recognizes the wrong he's done and truly regrets having done it. So now all that stuff that he didn't do wrong, he's admitting he did wrong?

Depends on who you ask, are the things he has said and implied worthy of an apology? Well that depends on how much of what he said you listened to and how you took it. Yes he did throw some jabs verbally at some people that in a political sense that were uncalled for, but who the hell hasn't? At least he actually came out and said sorry. Reading it from a teleprompter or not, he still said it. Let's do this name one again. Name one politician that DOESN'T use a teleprompter.

Are you conceding that he might not be releasing his taxes because he lies about how much he's worth and not because of this audit nonsense?

Nope, not in the slightest. So he didn't release his tax return yet. He still might, let's not forget good ol Mittens Romney who didn't release his until late September of his campaign year.

Let's explore a bit more into that as well. If his income shows 500 million dollars in income for a year, how does that show his assets and personal worth? Sam as if he shows a tax return for $5 for a year, how does that show his personal assets and wealth?

If you really think tax returns can be used as an accurate estimate of income, then vote Hillary, because at least her taxes go to the Clinton Foundation.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Ok, let me start by saying apologising for something he has said is a good sign. Something I didn't expect from Trump.

Was this in relation to any of his comments in particular? I couldn't tell from the abstract and don't have audio right now.
If its just a general apology then its pretty pointless really? Isn't it?

It's a get-out so he doesn't have to specify which bits he is actually apologising for.

However... the Trump supporters in here. Wow.

Thread after thread after thread you defend his every word, laughing at people who said he should apologise. Claiming he speaks the truth and its PC-gone mad. Swallowing everything he says and regurgitating it out as facts all over this board. Praising Trump for not going back and not being afraid to say what he feels.

Now he's apologised, and like the good little sheep that you are you flip-flop and claim its a good thing? What happened to having the balls to say what he likes and not care? What happened to telling it like it is and never compromising?

Now your happy for him to apologise if he's offended anyone? And the next thread you'll be praising him when he insults someone again.

Seriously grow a backbone.

Trump changing tact is a clear sign of desperation, he's losing. And all his trump-ettes on here are scrambling to spin it into something possible.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: SudoNim
Now he's apologised, and like the good little sheep that you are you flip-flop and claim its a good thing? What happened to having the balls to say what he likes and not care? What happened to telling it like it is and never compromising?

Nearly half of the voting population of America are precious little snowflakes. He's now campaigning like a politician. He apologized for upsetting people and saying inappropriate things. The same majority that found him repulsive will now think lightly of him if he keeps this up.

The die-hard blue people will find a way to criticize the very method their candidates use to win elections, and at the same time claim they are sick of establishment rules, but decide to vote establishment.

You guys literally make the term not knowing a good idea if it slapped you in the face ironic as hell.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

There is a fine line between a voice of reason and a priggish moralist, especially when you claim the title yourself. If you have to tell us you are, it is usually because you ain't.

Trump's dialect and delivery may be blasphemy to you, but to myself and I think others, it is a breath of fresh air in comparison to the robotic and droll euphemism the world has been infected with up until now.

That would mean more coming from somebody whose last post wasn't condescending, dismissive drivel to the effect that he "guessed" that anyone who disliked Donald Trump had been "taught to hate" Donald Trump.

Since you gave nothing in the way of a reason why this would be the case, I can only assume it has something to do with your affection for Donald Trump and a belief that your own opinion is somehow more valid which is not greatly different from me saying half-jokingly that I was the "voice of reason" (i.e. my opinion is more valid than those who disagree with me).

In other words, while I might be "morally priggis," you're not only sanctimonious but also a hypocrite.

Everything you have stated Trump has already admitted to. He said he was establishment right up until 2 months before his campaign. His answer? Who better to take on the establishment than someone who knows the establishment? The reasons why Trump has to hire foreign workers, has to hire manufacturers overseas, is for the exact same reasons why Trump is saying it happens to other companies and that trade needs to change. That's not hypocrisy.

Donald Trump has told lie after lie (what a "breath of fresh hair!" I mean "air!") but when it comes to his claim of having taken up the mantle of anti-establishment warrior at the age of 70, a mere two months before throwing his hat in the ring — you're not the least bit skeptical?

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

He didn't admit anything and he didn't apologize.
He says he regrets what he's said.
Which thing that he said does he regret? The Gold Star parents? The birth certificate? Inviting Russia to back us? The Ted Cruz father is friends with Lee Harvey Oswald?
We'll never know.
His regret??? That his words causeed his numbers to drop off into failing range. There is no new trump only the old racist bigoted trump.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Nearly half of the voting population of America are precious little snowflakes. He's now campaigning like a politician. He apologized for upsetting people and saying inappropriate things. The same majority that found him repulsive will now think lightly of him if he keeps this up.

The die-hard blue people will find a way to criticize the very method their candidates use to win elections, and at the same time claim they are sick of establishment rules, but decide to vote establishment.

You guys literally make the term not knowing a good idea if it slapped you in the face ironic as hell.

Baa

Praise him for being unapologetic in his approach to politics.
Praise him when he apologises for upsetting anyone.

Baa

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   
You guys are late.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Yeah we're gonna forget the whole summer because we're idiots. It will just flitter away like the petals on the rose bushes.
No one will remember him wanting to ban a whole religion from a country built on religious freedom. We're too dumb.
No one will remember him mocking a disabled reporter because we have the attention span of gold fish.
We won't remember the blood coming out of her wherever comment because well that's too much to even bear.

Maybe that's you but not the rest of us.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Baa

Baa

Or go with Hillary. Which means to anyone that has any knowledge of politics in any way, shape, or form that your avatar is the literal embodiment of the democratic party.

Shoot themselves in the eye without knowing any better.

Go Hillary right?

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Really? Because what he says sounds phoney and insincere to me. I don't think the folks who are not already his fans are buying by this. MSM is kind of treating it like too little too late.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Nope. Not a bit. He's already shown us his true colors. Sorry there's only one Donald Trump.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Yeah we're gonna forget the whole summer because we're idiots. It will just flitter away like the petals on the rose bushes.
No one will remember him wanting to ban a whole religion from a country built on religious freedom. We're too dumb.
No one will remember him mocking a disabled reporter because we have the attention span of gold fish.
We won't remember the blood coming out of her wherever comment because well that's too much to even bear.

Maybe that's you but not the rest of us.

Yes, you are.

That's about all the effort I'll ever put into responding to you. I hope you can figure out the rest you intelligent genius of an individual.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Baa

Baa

Or go with Hillary. Which means to anyone that has any knowledge of politics in any way, shape, or form that your avatar is the literal embodiment of the democratic party.

Shoot themselves in the eye without knowing any better.

Go Hillary right?

Did I mention Hillary?

I love that my avatar seems to anger so many people, its just my opinion on the gun ownership in America summed up from a cartoon. Calm yourself.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join