It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: "I regret my words"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   
And again we see Trump brought under control. Last time it was endorsing people he hates, now it I regret my words, at least that is what the teleprompter says.

The big problem here is timing. With his campaign tanking nobody will see this as anything other than a political move in particular since he read it off a teleprompter. If he had done this when he was doing well people could take it at face value. It is just like all the Republicans changing sides for the good of the nation which would have been believable if the did when Trump was doing well and not when he was tanking.

And lets be honest, anybody think this will last? The teleprompters? Not being able to say what he wants. He just said he was going to stay himself and not change and now he is changing again. As soon as he sees that immediate reaction to this is going to be that people see him as being desperate now that his losing so badly he is going to back into crazy mode. This is what he should have used the convention for, when he was riding high. Now it just comes off as yet another act of desperation.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Seriously? One few second blanket apology from Donald Trump and you're all aswoon?

Jesus.

Clinton apologizes for 'unfortunate impact' of 1994 crime bill
Hillary Clinton apologizes for husband's crime bill
Clinton Apologizes for Saying She’d Put Coal ‘Out of Business’
Hillary Clinton apologizes for e-mail system: ‘I take responsibility’

I can pull up Bill saying sorry about all sorts of crap he's done. Does that make it ok? Of course not. Now we're supposed to get a warm fuzzy feeling because Nero... I mean Donald Trump finally says something? Is this supposed to be a grinch-growing-a-heart feelgood moment?

No. This stands out only because of the contrast to the non-stop douchebaggery that is the Donald Trump Show which the pro-Trump crowd otherwise ignores/explains away/blames on the media.

I can't wait for his next non-teleprompter driven gaffe where he says something like:

"I could punch my supporters in the balls every day for a year, and all I'd have to do is say 'sorry' on the last day and I'd be lauded for my personal growth."

I expect a lot more from you, sorry but your posting history here warrants me asking why this sudden outburst? This is quite unorthodox for you and as I greatly respect your opinion throughout the boards on ATS I am wondering if all is OK in the AD household?

As always, I will continue to respect your contributions here and if this post of yours is just venting then I totally understand that however I detect a hint of you personally attacking the credibility of ATS posters you disagree with.

If this is not the case then of course I apologise in advance, my friend........

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   

People are starting to realize,

"The old gray mare ain't what she used to be".

edit on 18-8-2016 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-8-2016 by whyamIhere because: The crybaby will tell the mods.....not worth it

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I'll say this Trump admitting he made a mistake is surprising. I assumed his ego wouldn't allow it. Now I don't know what to think I thought his ego was what created thr problem. Now it seems it was something else

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

And again we see Trump brought under control.

By who?

With his campaign tanking

It's not tanking.

And lets be honest, anybody think this will last? The teleprompters? Not being able to say what he wants.

You clearly haven't had much experience in US politics. This was his game from the start

Now it just comes off as yet another act of desperation.

That's exactly how I expect CNN to try to spin it.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Name any single company that does business 100% within America. Any single one, I dare you. Every single person on earth is a globalist right now.

The point here is that Trump, globalist, a man who makes his crap in foreign countries to sell here, a man who doesn't miss an opportunity to hire foreign workers on visas while he lies about a lack of Americans to fill those jobs, has made a constant theme of his schtick this nonsense about how he's not a globalist like Hillary who has done none of those things.

You eat it up, cite it as proof of his foreign policy expertise (even though that's a complete non sequitur) on the one hand and then just push it out of your mind so you can eat up his anti-globalist rants on the other. That my friend is cognitive dissonance.

Right. That's the big left-wing conspiracy, Trump really isn't a billionaire. Mkay, gotcha.

It's got nothing to do with a vast left-wing conspiracy. I'm guessing you don't really know that much about Trump do you? In 2005, Tim O'Brien wrote a book called TrumpNation: The Art of Being The Donald. That was in 2005. In this book, he said that based on information from three sources, he estimated Trump's worth in 2005 to be $250 million or less. That's still a big ol heap of money mind you but not even one of the billions that Donald Trump was claiming. Then in 2009, Donald Trump sued O'Brien for $5 billion (and lost in 2011).

Back in 2005, Donald Trump was still donating money to Hillary Clinton.

But, wouldn't that force someone to be aware of foreign trade laws by default? Not to mention local laws in said foreign countries? Also, lol at a "few" resorts.

Not any more than the millions and millions of people who do business internationally. Do you also think they're all foreign policy experts? Of course not.

Donald Trump has some stake in what internationally? 8-9 buildings (a few high-end condos and the rest commercial office space), 2 hotels and a I think 4-5 golf courses? You do realize that he has partners in all of his ventures and that there are loans and mortgages for all of it right?

Fortune does a good breakdown of why his "exceeding $10 billion" claim is BS

Looks like the left is pretty worried about Drumpf and his public 180. All the skeletons are coming out of the woodworks to comment.

What do you mean 180? See that part really doesn't make ANY sense at all. If Trump was so great before then wouldn't a 180 make him the opposite of great? How is it that among his followers, Donald Trump is great no matter what he does? Maybe he was right when he said that he could shoot a person in the middle of Fifth Avenue and not lose any supporters (probably the most epic troll and greatest testament to the mindlessness of his followers, ever).
edit on 2016-8-19 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Dear God, let him win.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   

With his campaign tanking nobody will see this as anything other than a political move in particular since he read it off a teleprompter

tanking? are you serious?

Clinton's is tanking - let it tank all the way to the bottom of the pacific.

Trump's going to win in a landslide!

all the bullplop polls your seeing on the DNC bought media are meaningless.

look at his online followers, his views during speeches, his popularity is uuuuuge compared to Clinton.

With every speech Trump picks up new votes from the younger generation, typically those who dont vote - but are sick of the corruption in government.

With every speech Clinton loses votes because every statement she makes only solidifies her position as an establishment candidate.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

has made a constant theme of his schtick this nonsense about how he's not a globalist

You are out of your damn mind. He has blatantly admitted to doing just that, during a debate if I recall correctly.

while he lies about a lack of Americans to fill those jobs

Source please? We do deny ignorance here, or at least attempt to

That my friend is cognitive dissonance.

The EXACT implication can be set upon you in your misbeliefs bestowed upon you by the media, whether it be direct or indirect, you believe stuff that has zero substantial evidence or proof...just because.

Tim O'Brien wrote a book called TrumpNation

I wondered who the heck this guy you are referencing is and this came up
William Timothy "Tim" O'Brien (born October 1, 1946) is an American novelist best known for his work of fictionen.wikipedia.org...(author)
Good choice for a reference...

What do you mean 180? See that part really doesn't make ANY sense at all.

I mean a 180 in the sense that all left-wingers claimed to the fact that Donald was a narcissistic egomaniac that could NEVER admit when he was wrong. Well, he did, so what now?

Also, your good friends at Fortune estimate his net worth at 3.9 billion with a B as of May 2016. Sure it's less than 10 billion, but it's a whole lot more than you left-wing conspirators like to believe. He is indeed a multi-billionaire...sorry to rain on your parade.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   

He has nothing to regret, and he hasn't done anything wrong. He has only ever proven he can fallible, which is heretical to this political orthodoxy, the last 20 years being run by Ivy-Leaguers who can talk and think, but not much else. It's nice to know the leaders are mere mammals. This is transparency in government.

Trump regrets that everyone else is Namby Pamby who cannot have a conversation about the world.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   
So, is this a pivot? The beginning of a pivot?
He said this Tuesday.

"I don't want to change," he said in an interview with WKBTV the same day. "Everyone talks about 'Oh well, you're going to pivot, you're going to' — I don't want to pivot. I mean, you have to be you. If you start pivoting, you're not being honest with people."

news.wgbh.org...
www.newsmax.com...

This comment sure makes it hard to tell whether his "regret" is sincere, a lie, or will turn out to be that special brand of Trump sarcasm. It is most definitely politically expedient.

edit on 8/19/2016 by Olivine because: got my links mixed up

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Ah. I see he took my advice . now to see if he can stick to just hillary.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Politicians don't mean "I'm sorry", the way normal people (like Trump) do. Politicians mean, "I'm sorry you didn't like what I said". There's a big difference.

"I'm sorry, but only because what I did/said has damaged me publicly. If it had paid off instead, # it"

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   

I expect a lot more from you, sorry but your posting history here warrants me asking why this sudden outburst? This is quite unorthodox for you and as I greatly respect your opinion throughout the boards on ATS I am wondering if all is OK in the AD household?

Everything is fine, thanks for asking! In fact, I just got a rather substantial raise and I'm going on vacation next week, during which I'll be seeing a family member's band open for Alice Cooper and Blue Oyster Cult. So yeah, doing pretty well actually.

'Outburst' seems a bit severe, 'exasperation' maybe? Frustration definitely. I'll tell you what is behind it though.

It doesn't bother me to see the stupid people support Trump and I don't argue (much) with people who take the position that Trump is bad but Hillary is worse. I may disagree but I get it. What really frustrates me is seeing smart people buying into Trump's bulls#.

He's everything that is wrong with Clinton (or rather, the Clintons) as well as being an unstable asshole with a big mouth who says stupid things and is trying to get elected by appealing to the worst in people. I can't think of one positive thing about Donald Trump except that I'm pretty sure he lied to Ted Cruz's evangelical friends (well, that and the fact that he's not Ted Cruz).

I find it outrageous that after a year of watching people make excuses for Trump and contorting themselves to explain why Trump has done nothing to apoligize for — and let's not forget Trump saying over and over again that he was being misconstrued, misquoted, taken out of context, his mic wasn't working, etc — this clown issues one short blanket apology (which I'm sure his new campaign manager put him up to) and it's supposed to be praiseworthy?

No. I just can't pretend that it makes any sense and I realize that right about now I'm in the minority opinion on ATS but honestly, it wouldn't matter if I were the only one. Somebody has to be the voice of reason!

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine
So, is this a pivot? The beginning of a pivot?
He said this Tuesday.

"I don't want to change," he said in an interview with WKBTV the same day. "Everyone talks about 'Oh well, you're going to pivot, you're going to' — I don't want to pivot. I mean, you have to be you. If you start pivoting, you're not being honest with people."

news.wgbh.org...
www.newsmax.com...

This comment sure makes it hard to tell whether his "regret" is sincere, a lie, or will turn out to be that special brand of Trump sarcasm. It is most definitely politically expedient.

Well, he DID just perform a campaign shakeup. You thought he wouldn't change anything?

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

Saying sorry for making offensive remarks is hardly making a "pivot". Though I will say, according to the left this would be considered a pivot, and Trump has now betrayed his following because he said sorry.

No, he can still be the direct and to the point asshole he usually is, ya know the one that most people respect for honesty, but do it in a much less inflammatory method.

Seriously left-wingers...has Trump really outsmarted you all that much?

You HAD to know he would change his tone at some time, just like the people that either avidly or hardcore support Trump knew.

Politics is a game, and one he's playing very well right now. You simply won't admit it because you fear him becoming president, and you have zero reason to fear that. When asked WHY you fear it, you go into crazy ass ramblings that make zero sense and have zero possibility of coming to fruition. YOU LITERALLY BELIEVE THE MSM, but are in complete denial and will fight adamantly to make others believe that you don't.

This has been entertaining to say the least. I hate politics in general, and I love how Trump has completely shaken them up. The people that hate trump for his words don't even realize they are 100% for establishment politics. Here's your lunch ticket, punch it and move on.

The democrats of this nation are the ones that have been duped.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   
And y'all welcome him back with open arms after a scripted non apology (lets face it, that was a dog ate my homework excuse) by his new campaign team.

Why does this blatant campaign ploy need to be pointed out....

Fake lip service contrition is hailed as something exceptional.
*vomit*

Desperate times.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: MrSpad

And again we see Trump brought under control.

By who?

With his campaign tanking

It's not tanking.

And lets be honest, anybody think this will last? The teleprompters? Not being able to say what he wants.

You clearly haven't had much experience in US politics. This was his game from the start

Now it just comes off as yet another act of desperation.

That's exactly how I expect CNN to try to spin it.

Controlled by his handlers from the GOP and his donors. The people who keep threaten to take his money away, the behave for a couple days, then does something stupid, rinse and repeat. Ok if you do not call his campaign taking then use what every buzz word to make it sound better you want, slumping, under performing. And you think Trumps plan was act like a crazy man until his poll numbers started falling and then start using a teleprompter? lol that was his game from the start. Wait until he has some the worst polling numbers in history, the rebooting for the third time was his plan from the start? And their is no spin, he is desperate he said as much in front of the evangelicals begging them to come out because he was in trouble. You can pretend eveything is going great and polls mean nothing but, Trump does not have that option.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   

He's everything that is wrong with Clinton (or rather, the Clintons) as well as being an unstable asshole with a big mouth who says stupid things and is trying to get elected by appealing to the worst in people. I can't think of one positive thing about Donald Trump except that I'm pretty sure he lied to Ted Cruz's evangelical friends (well, that and the fact that he's not Ted Cruz).

I find it outrageous that after a year of watching people make excuses for Trump and contorting themselves to explain why Trump has done nothing to apoligize for — and let's not forget Trump saying over and over again that he was being misconstrued, misquoted, taken out of context, his mic wasn't working, etc — this clown issues one short blanket apology (which I'm sure his new campaign manager put him up to) and it's supposed to be praiseworthy?

No. I just can't pretend that it makes any sense and I realize that right about now I'm in the minority opinion on ATS

You are not alone, albeit a minority here currently.
Your post is spot on, I wish I could have summarised the lunacy of it as you did in your two paragraphs.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Well ,when all you can politically hang your hat on are ill spoken words ,such a speech can easily disturb that house of cards.
when the other is compared with her skeletal landfill,He wins.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join