It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: "I regret my words"

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

edit on 19-8-2016 by kaylaluv because: double post

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

So you and Trump don't like his writing which makes it ok to refer to someone as an idiot and excuses him for mocking the handicapped? Ok. You seem to lack the ability to separate me from your supposed enemy. I'm only singling out Trump because he's a goof and making fun of politicians is what elections are all about. If I'm stuck in this hell hole of a corrupt system then I'm making fun of people. That's about the only joy we can get out of all this. Hillary never talks so what am I supposed to go on? Hey folks did you hear about those people who died in Libya? Hilarious!!! Dude...get in on the joke that is Trump. I haven't decided if the fact that people think Trump will help America is funny or sad.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

What lies? Have you been reading politifact and snopes again?

What lies? Are you suffering from a condition of some sort?

"I'm the only one on this stage that said, ‘Do not go into Iraq. Do not attack Iraq,’ " Trump said. "Nobody else on this stage said that. And I said it loud and strong. And I was in the private sector. I wasn't a politician, fortunately. But I said it, and I said it loud and clear, ‘You'll destabilize the Middle East.’ "

LIE.

"He said I was in favor of Libya? I never discussed that subject. I was in favor of Libya? We would be so much better off if Gadhafi were in charge right now."

LIE.

“I’ll tell you what I don’t like,” Trump told George Stephanopoulos. “It’s against two NFL games. I got a letter from the NFL saying, “This is ridiculous.'”

LIE.

"Hey look, [the president] wrote a book when he was a young man and it said ‘born in Kenya,’ blah blah blah. I don’t know where he was born. I would like to see his college records, I think that’s important.

LIE.

"Islamic terrorism is eating up large portions of the Middle East," he said. "They've become rich. I'm in competition with them. They just built a hotel in Syria. Can you believe this? They built a hotel."

LIE.

"Now here's the amazing thing. Over there where that plane landed, top secret, they don't have a lot of paparazzi, you know the paparazzi doesn't do so well over there, right, and they have a perfect tape done by obviously a government camera, and the tape is of the people taking the money off the plane, right," Trump continued. "That means in order to embarrass us further Iran sent us the tapes, right. It's a military tape. It's a tape that was a perfect angle, nice and steady. Nobody getting nervous because they are going to be shot, because they are shooting a picture of money pouring off of plane."

LIE.

"$500 billion a year trade deficit with China."

LIE.

"We have lousy health-care, where it’s going up 35, 45, 55 percent"

LIE.

"I’m not going to take any money. I don’t want any money. ... You know, I’ve self-funded my campaign. ... Right now, I’m into, you would know better than me, maybe $30 million, maybe more."

LIE.

"I’m already in for $30 million cash."

LIE.

"Upstate New York I poll higher than anybody ever."

LIE.

"We’re winning every poll with the Hispanics."

LIE.

"I got to know him very well because we were both on 60 Minutes, we were stablemates and we did very well that night."

Creepy LIE.

"Ambassador Stevens and his staff in Libya made hundreds of requests for security. Hillary Clinton’s State Department refused them all"

LIE.

"Crime is rising"

LIE.

"We're the highest taxed nation in the world."

LIE.

"His father was with Lee Harvey Oswald prior to Oswald's being — you know, shot. I mean, the whole thing is ridiculous"

LIE.

There's a few to get your started. I could literally do this all day and not get to a fraction of the lies he's told.
edit on 2016-8-19 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Ah well....let's not asses any presidential candidates unless we have personally met them and probed their soul. Should make for some unusually low voter turn-out this year.

I am basing my conclusions on an unusually long history where Donald Trump has desperately craved the spotlight and celebrated himself and his public exposure from Howard Stern to CNN. He has been very clear as to demonstrating his character. He actually unabashedly celebrates himself in each interview and speech..no mystery there.

I've only said your personal attacks are unwarranted and questionable, especially because you do not know him personally, nor has he done anything to you. Given this, I can only assume you've derived your conclusions from your own personal prejudices, or worse, from group think. Your knowledge as to what he may or may not crave is equally as specious for the exact same reason.

If a long history of celebrity and confidence and self-promotion is the worst of your objections, then it appears there is a fine line between contempt and envy.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Same here, at least dude is capable of apologizing.

I am not sure I saw the "apology" part?

I mean I know he "regrets" his poll numbers...

Lets take a look..

Trump said,

“As you know, I am not a politician. [Excuse + Sell]

I have worked in business, creating a great company, created lots of jobs and rebuilding neighborhoods my entire adult life. [Pure Sell]

I’ve never wanted to learn the language of the insiders, and I’ve never been politically correct – it takes far too much time, truthfully. [ Excuse + Sell - Not PC and Not Insider]

Sometimes, in the heat of debate and speaking on a multitude of issues,[Excuse]

you don’t choose the right words or you say the wrong thing.
[Why does he say "you" here? and not "I"..cuz "I am just like you..Sell]

I have done that, and believe it or not — I regret it.
[So he regrets not "choosing the right words" or saying "the wrong thing"...but not actually what he was saying.
Not endorsing Paul Ryan? Calling McCain a loser for being a POW? Accusing Ted Cruz's father of killing Kennedy? I am just confused on how word choice would have changed his endless list of BS?]

He regrets his standing in the polls....

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

What lies? Have you been reading politifact and snopes again?

What lies? Are you suffering from a condition of some sort?

"I'm the only one on this stage that said, ‘Do not go into Iraq. Do not attack Iraq,’ " Trump said. "Nobody else on this stage said that. And I said it loud and strong. And I was in the private sector. I wasn't a politician, fortunately. But I said it, and I said it loud and clear, ‘You'll destabilize the Middle East.’ "

LIE.

"He said I was in favor of Libya? I never discussed that subject. I was in favor of Libya? We would be so much better off if Gadhafi were in charge right now."

LIE.

“I’ll tell you what I don’t like,” Trump told George Stephanopoulos. “It’s against two NFL games. I got a letter from the NFL saying, “This is ridiculous.'”

LIE.

"Hey look, [the president] wrote a book when he was a young man and it said ‘born in Kenya,’ blah blah blah. I don’t know where he was born. I would like to see his college records, I think that’s important.

LIE.

"Islamic terrorism is eating up large portions of the Middle East," he said. "They've become rich. I'm in competition with them. They just built a hotel in Syria. Can you believe this? They built a hotel."

LIE.

"Now here's the amazing thing. Over there where that plane landed, top secret, they don't have a lot of paparazzi, you know the paparazzi doesn't do so well over there, right, and they have a perfect tape done by obviously a government camera, and the tape is of the people taking the money off the plane, right," Trump continued. "That means in order to embarrass us further Iran sent us the tapes, right. It's a military tape. It's a tape that was a perfect angle, nice and steady. Nobody getting nervous because they are going to be shot, because they are shooting a picture of money pouring off of plane."

LIE.

"$500 billion a year trade deficit with China."

LIE.

"We have lousy health-care, where it’s going up 35, 45, 55 percent"

LIE.

"I’m not going to take any money. I don’t want any money. ... You know, I’ve self-funded my campaign. ... Right now, I’m into, you would know better than me, maybe $30 million, maybe more."

LIE.

"I’m already in for $30 million cash."

LIE.

"Upstate New York I poll higher than anybody ever."

LIE.

"We’re winning every poll with the Hispanics."

LIE.

"I got to know him very well because we were both on 60 Minutes, we were stablemates and we did very well that night."

Creepy LIE.

"Ambassador Stevens and his staff in Libya made hundreds of requests for security. Hillary Clinton’s State Department refused them all"

LIE.

"Crime is rising"

LIE.

"We're the highest taxed nation in the world."

LIE.

"His father was with Lee Harvey Oswald prior to Oswald's being — you know, shot. I mean, the whole thing is ridiculous"

LIE.

There's a few to get your started. I go literally do this all day and not get to a fraction of the lies he's told.

Reading through your list:

Lies : 0

For some context is needed, so given your posting history I reject all your points until you come up with the context and timing.
For others they are absolutely not lies.

edit on 19/8/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
So now we recognize him admitting this as admirable?
But I thought everyone frowned upon people evolving? I'm so confused anymore...

It's actually rather impressive what he has done here.
Manipulated the media by being un-PC to gain national attention.
Once you have all eyes fixed on you then start showing them who you really are.

You can all deny this but it has made Trump a household name and when he does things like this it's impossible not to take notice. More of this to come from DJ Trump I assure you. He's not done showing us that he is a real human. Unlike another unnamed candidate...

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Lolololol. It's all true. Trump is hilarious. He needs to have his mouth taped shut. Thats the Hillary strategy and it works so well. Why campaign when your opponent loses the election for you?

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
So now we recognize him admitting this as admirable?
But I thought everyone frowned upon people evolving? I'm so confused anymore...

It's actually rather impressive what he has done here.
Manipulated the media by being un-PC to gain national attention.
Once you have all eyes fixed on you then start showing them who you really are.

You can all deny this but it has made Trump a household name and when he does things like this it's impossible not to take notice. More of this to come from DJ Trump I assure you. He's not done showing us that he is a real human. Unlike another unnamed candidate...

I doubt it's all planned, but if it is then that would be genius... I wrote somewhere a while ago that the eventual 'apology' would work very well with women, whilst the tough non pc nature would work well with getting men to vote for him.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy

Lol. I saw him make fun of a handicapped person. Your advice sucks.

Also, the apology negates everything you just said. Its based on the premise that he said awful things. If he didn't he wouldn't apologize.

Must be the Mandela Effect.

Indeed, must be, if you can't recall the personal insults hurled at Trump and his supporters over the last year.
I am not surprised you'd see no wrong in that - probably don't even remember it.

Hey man if you don't like the heat just don't play with fire.

Heat? Is that what it is. I am just enjoying the fact that Trump's recognition and regret of some of his language has brought out the same people who have been spewing hate for a year to perch on their moral high ground, whilst normal people shake their heads in disbelief at the hypocrisy.

I am sure it's not lost on even the most hateful anti-Trumper, but it takes character to admit ones mistakes and they simply don't have it in them - unlike Trump.

Yes we are full of hate because trump says dumb things, just wow.

edit on 19-8-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy

Lol. I saw him make fun of a handicapped person. Your advice sucks.

Also, the apology negates everything you just said. Its based on the premise that he said awful things. If he didn't he wouldn't apologize.

Must be the Mandela Effect.

Indeed, must be, if you can't recall the personal insults hurled at Trump and his supporters over the last year.
I am not surprised you'd see no wrong in that - probably don't even remember it.

Hey man if you don't like the heat just don't play with fire.

Heat? Is that what it is. I am just enjoying the fact that Trump's recognition and regret of some of his language has brought out the same people who have been spewing hate for a year to perch on their moral high ground, whilst normal people shake their heads in disbelief at the hypocrisy.

I am sure it's not lost on even the most hateful anti-Trumper, but it takes character to admit ones mistakes and they simply don't have it in them - unlike Trump.

Yes we are full of hate because trump says dumb things, just wow.

That is not what I said.
I said that those who have insulted Trump and his supporters on a very personal level, continuously, for a year are full of hate. Those that have can not deny it, they can only apologise if they would like to.
I think that is pretty clear.

edit on 19/8/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Ah well....let's not asses any presidential candidates unless we have personally met them and probed their soul. Should make for some unusually low voter turn-out this year.

I am basing my conclusions on an unusually long history where Donald Trump has desperately craved the spotlight and celebrated himself and his public exposure from Howard Stern to CNN. He has been very clear as to demonstrating his character. He actually unabashedly celebrates himself in each interview and speech..no mystery there.

I've only said your personal attacks are unwarranted and questionable, especially because you do not know him personally,

I do not require myself to know a candidate personally before assessing their qualifications. He is unqualified to be President. He is unqualified to manage a McDonalds.

nor has he done anything to you.

He has embarrassed my country and if elected would do profound damage to our democracy and standing in the world.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Reading through your list: Lies : 0 For some context is needed, so given your posting history I reject all your points until you come up with the context and timing. For others they are absolutely not lies.

Yawn. Here I'll pick one at random.

The Trump LIE:

Refuted by the NFL who did not send Donald Trump a letter:

NBC News - NFL Denies It Sent Letter to Trump Over Debate Schedule

"While we would obviously wish the Debate Commission could find another night, we did not send a letter to Mr. Trump," The NFL said in a statement Saturday.

Lie acknowledged by campaign who tried to spin it that some other thing happened that is so vague that it can't be fact checked which is the only way this clown can get through an unscripted sentence without saying something demonstrably false:

LA Times - Donald Trump questions debate schedule, citing conflicts with football games

Trump's campaign later conceded to ABC that he had not, in fact, received a letter. "Mr. Trump was made aware of the conflicting dates by a source close to the league," the campaign told ABC. "It's unfortunate that millions of voters will be disenfranchised by these chosen dates."

The context here is that Trump was speaking. The timing would be oh.. I dunno.. on the timeline in which we exist where what he said never freakin happened.

Reject all you want. You've got one of the most severe cases of denial I've come across ever. I'm pretty sure if Donald Trump walked right up to you, looked you directly in the eye and said, "I'm a yuge liar. Every other thing I say is a lie." You'd simply spawn a new personality to process that information, kill it off and then go on as though nothing ever happened.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

I've only said your personal attacks are unwarranted and questionable, especially because you do not know him personally,

I do not require myself to know a candidate personally before assessing their qualifications. He is unqualified to be President. He is unqualified to manage a McDonalds.

He has embarrassed my country and if elected would do profound damage to our democracy and standing in the world.

I am afraid the USA has been a huge embarrassment not just to themselves but to the human race for a few decades.
I think there are some others that you should be upset with on that score.

I am pretty sure Trump could manage a McDonalds. I suspect it's not more difficult than running a real estate empire.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Like a typical politician, he says whatever will appeal to everyone. Saying "I'm not politically correct" will appeal to the non-pc crowd. Saying "I regret many of the things I said" will appeal to the pc crowd. Being purposefully vague about what he regrets is another way of appealing to both groups at the same time.

Smart people will figure this out though.

...and cue the insulting parting words.

If saying 'I regret what I said' is all that needs to appeal to the PC crowd, then you either underestimate the PC crowd or don't understand them very much.

Bonus: you don't understand what conservatives define as 'politically correct.' It's more than being polite.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Hate? How about pity?

You're so wrapped up in your delusions that you're admonishing people for insulting "on a very personal level" a guy who mocks peoples' disabilities on national television.

At this point, Donald Trump could probably convince you to become a Flat Earther.

Also. This is just from Twitter:

NYT - The 250 People, Places and Things Donald Trump Has Insulted on Twitter: A Complete List

By your melodramatic fake victim nonsense failed logic, Donald Trump is clearly one of the most hate-filled humans ever. Of course, you'll use your astoundingly powerful willful ignorance to block all that out too I'm sure.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Reading through your list: Lies : 0 For some context is needed, so given your posting history I reject all your points until you come up with the context and timing. For others they are absolutely not lies.

Yawn. Here I'll pick one at random.

The Trump LIE:

Refuted by the NFL who did not send Donald Trump a letter:

NBC News - NFL Denies It Sent Letter to Trump Over Debate Schedule

"While we would obviously wish the Debate Commission could find another night, we did not send a letter to Mr. Trump," The NFL said in a statement Saturday.

Lie acknowledged by campaign who tried to spin it that some other thing happened that is so vague that it can't be fact checked which is the only way this clown can get through an unscripted sentence without saying something demonstrably false:

LA Times - Donald Trump questions debate schedule, citing conflicts with football games

Trump's campaign later conceded to ABC that he had not, in fact, received a letter. "Mr. Trump was made aware of the conflicting dates by a source close to the league," the campaign told ABC. "It's unfortunate that millions of voters will be disenfranchised by these chosen dates."

The context here is that Trump was speaking. The timing would be oh.. I dunno.. on the timeline in which we exist where what he said never freakin happened.

Reject all you want. You've got one of the most severe cases of denial I've come across ever. I'm pretty sure if Donald Trump walked right up to you, looked you directly in the eye and said, "I'm a yuge liar. Every other thing I say is a lie." You'd simply spawn a new personality to process that information, kill it off and then go on as though nothing ever happened.

The campaign did not say Trump lied. They said the communication came from a source within the NFL.
Can you prove no such communication was received?

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

You just called a handicapped person an idiot then completely dismissed that Trump mocked him over his disability. Classy. Do you post with a tuxedo on?
edit on 19-8-2016 by BrokedownChevy because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-8-2016 by BrokedownChevy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

My apologies if that came across as pious; I'll be the first to confess that I'm a wretch with one foot still in hell--lot's of work to do in this life. I suppose it was a bit of lofty thinkng to presume that a candidate for POTUS could or should possibly posess one iota of intelligence, honesty, sincerity, dignity, honor, etc. They are politicians after all. Why should we expect the likes of Trump to know what's going on over seas--or at least know that Russia has been in the Crimea since 2014? That might actually mean he's paying attention and putting some thought into this. Maybe a little transparency was a little too much to expect as well. Ahem, tax returns.

To your point, there was indeed a time in this life where I had built a standard by which presidential candidates could be assessed--before my eyes were truly opened. Now, knowing full well that we're just dealing with the next two horses TPTB have bet on, I'm really just making fun of the Cheeto Messiah because I happen to think it's fun to laugh in the face of the abyss (aka staring back, the Nietzschean thing, etc.). It's like TPTB have been making us all watch the same two teams in the Superbowl all these years--let's say the Steelers and the Cowboys for argument's sake--and decided to throw the viewers a real wild card this year and let the Browns in. I grew tired of the same old game some time ago, and this latest instantiation is so shameful as to be humorous--and rather brown.

And as for the whole turd thing, I haven't been close enough to know that part for certain, but if he smells anything like the things he says and the agenda he promotes, I can't rule it out. It's just funny to watch people try to defend it, let alone the thought that anyone actually believes they would benefit if he won. If it's an arrogant, hypocritical, orthodox thing to doubt the repackaged, warmed-over rhetoric of another rich 'white' guy, who surrounds himself with other rich, crusty, white guys and tells all of us little people down in the valley that we too will prosper once again--glazed cheeto treatments and golden toilets for all--then perhaps I'm guilty as charged. More trickle-down, Reaganomics anyone? Haven't had enough of that have you? Rest assured TPTB haven't.

Please dont get me wrong. I don't hate the Cheeto Messiah at all--just as I don't hate Billary. Indeed, it makes for great political theatre. (And I've seen Billary's act before; it's a bit passe, IMHO.)
It's hard for Trumpenstein to open his mouth without some simultaneoulsy horrifying and utterly laughable comment dropping out for the masses to either drink up like a blue-collar soma sacrifice or pounce on like a bum on a bologna sandwhich. Pure comedy.
Now it's getting even better--borderline slapstick--watchimg the Greedy Old Parasites try to rein him in.

There's a contextual dissonance here, America. Something akin to the screech of midnight cat sex keeping me awake when I have to work at 6:00am.

Speaking pretentiously, if I were a musician, perhaps like Weird Al Yankovic, I might consider writing a parody of Metallica's "Leper Messiah" called, wait for it, "Cheeto Messiah."

Orange from the start,
conned into the part.

Election comes to town,
he plays the leading clown.

Cheese, cheese, falling to their knees.
Suffer for his glory, they will.

Bow to Cheeto messiah!

Oh, and to end with some more posturing: I'm stretching into an old, go-to Poga (political yoga) posture just for the occasion.
(It's fairly orthodox too, I might add.) It's called "Upward Middle Finger." I will hold this for a while as part of my daily routine of saying 'up yours' to the system.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

I am afraid the USA has been a huge embarrassment not just to themselves but to the human race for a few decades.

Precisely what I would expect from an avid Trumpite...and one cheering from abroad at that.

edit on 19-8-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join