It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proxima Centauri - Possible Earth like planet found

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

"red dwarfs can have radiation storms that might make a planet sterile. This Goldilocks zone might not be so golden?
Also, being close to the star, was there enough comment activity to seed the plant with water and an atmosphere?"

cheers for the reply.....yes at the moment it may have not be habitable but im sure there could have been a long period of time in its history when it was habitable, and quite possibly intelligent life could have evolved faster than its environment deteriorated and found somewhere that was "liveable"........... call me a dreamer but i like this theory

edit on 24-8-2016 by Davg80 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-8-2016 by Davg80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Davg80

I think NASA should focus on it. Beat China to it, see what is there, and see if it would be ethical to colonize.

This is sarcasm.

Unless the illuminati is already making preparations for using the planet as an exit strategy and use Mandela Effect to confuse us the planet was ever found.

But does raise the ethical question who would get to colonize a pristine planet? Or is it pristein? Or pristain. Stupid ME
edit on 24-8-2016 by neutronflux because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Here is an updated article from the same source used in the OP.

www.popularmechanics.com...

It mentions higher radiation levels due to the proximity to the star, but that a strong magnetic shield may help protect the planet in terms of habitability.
edit on 24-8-2016 by OneGoal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: OneGoal

I really don't understand how they can say earth like. It might be all water. It might be dry? The planet might not spin with only one side facing the star. Might not have an atmosphere. Might have an atmosphere like Venus. Might be all rock no metal core?

It's me being picky, but saying it is a planet in a Goldilocks zone for a red dwarf would be better for everyone's hopes.

I would say the conspiracy would be over hyping to increase public interest and pressure to give up more spending into the planet research which would benefit the scientists? But I want a probe sent regardless?

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
EVERYTHING will change with the new telescopes, next year. Including China's FAST, of course.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join