It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The True Story Behind 'Stranger Things'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
In another thread I mentioned the new Netflix series 'Stranger Things', but I didn't go into much detail about this series in part because it wasn't my intention to give out any information that would spoil this new series for those of you who haven't seen it yet.

Apart from having an 80s theme which would make many of us who lived through those years nostalgic, the series itself is not based on fiction, but it is based on experiments conducted by the U.S. government. This series should be a must watch for any ATS member who is interested in these experiments.

Recently, an article was written explaining how the main influence that led the Duffer Brothers to produce this series was based in experiments conducted by the U.S. government, among others, which have been spoken of in past threads in these forums.

Here is a summary of the real life experiments conducted by the government and which the series 'Stranger Things' is based on.

Posted by David Opie @DavidOpie

After suffering through wave after wave of lifeless remakes, fans of iconic '80s fare such as E.T., Stand By Me and pretty much anything else that Stephen King has ever written finally have a modern TV show that's the perfect antidote to unwanted reboots.

What audiences may not be aware of, though, is that the show draws upon far more than just a love of '80s pop culture. During his investigation of the government facility that experimented on Eleven, police chief Jim Hopper uncovers a reference to MKUltra in the library's microfiche newspaper cuttings, a nod that the creators deliberately included to draw attention to the show's origins in reality.

1. Project MKUltra

Any government memo that opens with this sentence should be left within the realms of fictitious horror — but shockingly, this was in fact the beginning of Project Artichoke. This CIA investigation into mind control inhumanely experimented on people using hypnosis and forced addiction to harmful drugs such as morphine and '___' to produce amnesia in their subjects.

The research changed name and focus in 1953, becoming Project MKUltra, a mind-control program where hired prostitutes would lure men to CIA testing facilities and dose them with acid while scientists observed them from a safe distance.

2. Subproject 68

Run by Dr Ewen Cameron, Subproject 68 was apparently one of the more deplorable parts of the MKUltra program, which is certainly saying something. In an attempt to control people's minds, Cameron believed that he could find a way to break people down until they were reduced to the mental capacity of a baby, enabling him to then rebuild their personalities from the ground up.

Rather than subject people to the musical torture of 'Copacabana' on repeat, Cameron instead used sensory deprivation chambers to induce comas in his patients, which was actually one of the more humane aspects of the experiment.

Others had to endure a variety of hellish procedures, where Cameron would isolate subjects for weeks at a time, giving them electric shocks while forcing them to listen to repeated loops of recorded messages for days on end.

3. The Stargate Project

Eleven's abilities may seem like they belong in the realm of science-fiction, but in 1978, the US government started new research into how psychic powers such as remote viewing could potentially be used to gather information.

Dubbed the Stargate Project, this group of researchers continued their work until 1995, when the CIA finally admitted that they were unclear whether paranormal phenomenon such as telepathy actually existed.

Interestingly though, the CIA may have shut down their research, but they did reveal that a statistically significant effect had been observed in the laboratory, suggesting that the existence of psychic powers shouldn't be dismissed entirely out of hand.

moviepilot.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Ahem.

You may be on to something.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: OneGoal

Here are a couple of trailers about the series 'Stranger Things' I posted in another thread.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Seen the first episode and all of my friends rave about it. They all jokingly say its about me.

I couldnt watch the rest because it reminded me of "stuff" to a pretty significant degree but ill have to watch the rest eventually as it has phenomenal acting, cinematography, music, the works.

It has a very Super 8 kind of vibe to it and i loved that movie.

edit on 18-8-2016 by OneGoal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   

What everybody misses is the strong possibility that much of the MK-Ultra business was a rushed and often misguided effort to find a human trait that connected to the oft demonstrated UFO alien technique of mind control.

THAT talent would be the Holy Grail for any government to have. LDS was one of the few substances that seemed to aid invoking that ability and they went crazy with it. There is strong evidence that connects those wild research efforts with individuals that they knew were also subjects under the influences of the UFO beings. There is no simple explanation except the one the secret keepers want you to think that you know.

ETA: Because of the mentioning, I went away to watch the first episode of "Strange Things." It was a big disappointment that sustained what I had gleamed from the trailers. It is a teen flick, made for youngsters. I'll just say that Netflix has some first rate, self-produced shows, but this one is not one of them.

edit on 18-8-2016 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Yea telepathic thought insertion aka mind control. They found that certain people and possibly many can influence what other people say aloud through thought alone. Either that or there have just been thousands of documented "coincidences."

It goes deeper, including telepathic time travel using spatial-temporal proximity fascilitators which is essentially a combo of remote viewing and thought insertion/telepathy.

But youre supposed to think this is just bologna and rantings of mad men.

How can i claim any of this. The benefits of having attended a federally funded Uni.

"Let there be light."
edit on 18-8-2016 by OneGoal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
That's funny, I always thought Stranger Things had an MK-Ultra vibe to it, then to see this.... LOL MK-Ultra and project Artichoke were actually an offshoot of an earlier program project Bluebird. They started it in WWII I think, to create Manchurian Candidates.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I just finished watching the 1st season, it was pretty good, they surely put all effort in to make it as faithful as possible to 80's pop culture and sci-fi / fantasy / adventure movies.
Definately a show for ATSers: government conspiracies, MKULTRA, paranormal, etc..
I hope they find some new ideas and characters for the 2nd season, although there were some loose ends with a couple characters, it pretty much felt like that story concluded.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I loved it! Also had parts that made me think of the Missing 411 stuff....

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The Stargate Project actually worked a lot better than they admitted.

For example, take Army Chief Warrant Officer Joseph McMoneagle as an example.

Upon retirement from the Army in 1984, McMoneagle was awarded the Legion of Merit. Given for exceptionally meritorious conduct, his award states that he served in a “unique intelligence project that is revolutionizing the intelligence community.” It adds that he produced “critical intelligence unavailable from any other source” for the Joint Chiefs of Staff, DIA, NSA, CIA and Secret Service.

www.newsweek.com...

Yet, the CIA maintains that the project never yielded any actionable intel. BS. Unless they just give out medals for nothing.....

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Finished watching the series earlier tonight. I very much enjoyed it. I know, I know. It was hokey but it was hokey for the sake of being hokey.

In addition to what you mentioned in the OP, one other general idea that I took away from the show was the "unintended consequences" angle. Admittedly I have an overactive imagination at times, but sometimes I wonder if we fully understand what we are messing with when we play with things like colliders and things like HAARP.

Looking forward to season 2.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

I should mention...dont get thrown by the project name...Stargate....it was actually about remote viewing...not movie like stargates

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Did you really just judge a series by one episode? Watch the season and then come back. It's great.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Crumbles

Did you really just judge a series by one episode? Watch the season and then come back. It's great.

I watched one show and said to myself that I wouldn't watch another because it was a kid flick, but I eventually watched them all for the sake of having drained Netflix of its entire sci-fi collection. My opinion of the show remains unchanged.

As for the almost mythical reality of MK-ULTRA, suffice to say I've been there done than in a more extreme fashion than most can imagine.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

The first episode gives off that feel. Until you meet the actual cast. And go down the rabbit hole. It's the a scarey movie. You start off happy and laughing, maybe some kids swimming in a lake. A real kid movie wouldn't you think. Until uhoh a crazy serial killer.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
That's really the classic Speilberg formula though, isn't it....???

Kids being kids, until some event takes things in a darker path.....

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
i hope cameron is suffering on the other side.
people doing experiments of any kind on living animals or people?

those poor bastards who had no clue why they were being tortured.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Anyone know when the 2nd season is coming out?

Can't wait!!

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

The show gave direct references to those experiments like they're not hiding it, and also there was a kind of shout out to Carl Sagan and NYU.

The show is amazing. It reminded me of Elfin Lied, too, which is an amazing anime about a girl with pink hair who is an Eleven type of character only the anime is ten billion times more brutal and everyone should watch it. I cried. It's good.

Men Who State At Goats also came to mind, lol, also amazing.
edit on 13-1-2017 by geezlouise because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Google on "Glenn Wheaton" if you liked Men Who Stare at Goats. Also on "Major General Albert Stubblebine III" (who is pretty much the inspiration for Jeff Bridges' character).
edit on 9-3-2017 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

top topics

join