It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd Attraction pt. 2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Well, it's been roughly 3 years since I made the original thread Odd Attraction for those of you that didn't read/see the original I'll give you a brief synopsis about it. 5-6 years ago I bought a house that was built in 1851-1853 predating the cities establishment by about 1 year. The area I live in was a hot bed for Native American Indians in the 17th and 18th centuries and probably even before that. Between the times of 1861 and 1865 the underground rail road was running wild through the area, almost directly under my property. I bought the house with great visions of restoration. Restorations began the moment I closed and lasted for 6-12 months before I got the house the way I thought it should be. It was around this time of finalizing the restorations that I began noticing weird things, such as odd noises, shattering glass, growls and other oddities. Here is an excerpt from the original thread.

TextThat night I went to bed and noticed my bracelet was gone which I always wore, that thing never came off not for showers or anything else It had been on my wrist for over two years with out ever being taken off. I Got out of bed and looked high and low for my bracelet and could night find it for the life of me, this made me upset because it had a lot of sentimental value to me... I couldn't sleep now because I couldn't stop thinking of where it could be, so I decided to clean stuff up. I got some of my tools and headed for the basement to put them away in the shed. I put my tools ups on the dusty old red painted shelves inside the shed and laid on the floor staring at the ceiling trying to figure out what could have happened to my bracelet. As I was laying there I felt very calm until I heard that growl sound again, this time coming from outside of the shed, although this time I felt terrified. I laid there very quietly, quiet enough I could hear my own heart beat. A heard a cling, like something had fallen right next to my ear on the ground and it freaked me out because I was being silent and just listening. I hopped up real quick and saw that my bracelet was laying right there on the ground next to where I was laying. I was in disbelief because I was down there every night and would have surely seen it. So i put my bracelet back on close the shed door and when I was walking up the stairs I heard the growl again only this time coming from the shed I had just walked out of.
I had a fellow ATSer (FamCore) here help me out by trying to find out more about the property. My only problem was, nobody seemed to have any records on the house or its history prior to the 1970's.

Let's fast forward to "as of today"

Since then weird things continue to happen. Although now, I'm more accustomed to the idea of "paranormal activity" so it doesn't quite spook me like it did in the beginning.

3 weeks ago we got our carpets cleaned, top floor is carpet bottom floor is wood. We had decided to go out for the day and let the cleaners do their thing (I knew them personally so I trusted them) we got home later that evening and the carpet looked brand new, it was awesome. We slept downstairs so we could let the carpet dry completely before walking all over them again. The next morning was pretty routine, get up for work, make some coffee and pack my bag for the day. I was walking to the stairs to see if they were dry went I noticed foot print coming downwards from the top. I asked my lady if it was her (already knowing it wasn't) and she said no. These weren't shoe prints like stain marks or anything just indention's of feet on moist carpet. It was pretty strange, they faded after a while once it was fully dry.

Another odd thing, which is probably pretty is to explain yet I'm no dendrologist or aborist (person who studies trees) But any who after after this past winter the tree in my front yard died suddenly, within a week there wasn't a single leaf on the tree and the branches were sagging miserably. Now, the tree in my back yard has begun to do the same. There is a garden of peppers and tomatoes around this tree that seem to be unaffected, I just yielded a harvest last night. Like I said, it can probably be explained fairly easy.

Anyways, I know I'm missing a lot more of weird things that have happened since then, but I'll continue to give stories and updates throughout this thread.

Have questions? Ask away.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

Did you look into doing a "Title Search" at your Town Hall to see if there is any documentation for neighboring properties if you couldn't find any for your own? Perhaps by finding evidence of written history/dates/facts for surrounding buildings it can help you make some determinations about your building.

I don't think you need a lawyer or even any type of certification to do a Title Search, you just need to know where to look and how to find the information. I did it in my teens working as an Intern at a family's law office, and there was no formal training program I went through to do it (this was in Vermont so it may be different in your state).

This is fascinating - I'm sure with the great minds on ATS we can at least get some more info

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

You should find someone to properly smudge/cleanse and or bless the house if you're Christian. It can't hurt, and from my experience it sounds like some really nasty poltergeist or Demon (for lack of a better word) has been hanging around. So if you really feel this is happening, seek help for it immediately. It's your home, take it back.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: 191stMIDET

I make my own religion, if that makes any sense. The presence isn't a bad one, just an odd one.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

It's a long shot but, if you happen to live in Virginia, I'd love to come inspect the property and I could give you directions as far clearing the air so to speak.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

No where near there, bud.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I sure love a good haunted house story. And I totally support your approach. Don't get spooked, or you spook it.
Like in one of those movie scenes, person sees a ghost "aaaaaaaah!" Ghost gets frightened from the screaming human and goes "aaaaaaaah!" in ghostish.

But we all want to learn more about it, right? So if you're really interested, there's one advice I always give, invite it for dinner.
Sounds silly, feels silly, but it's a great opportunity to gain its trust. An extra plate for the guest and just chatter away. What you think about the house, etc as that seems your "shared interest".

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I see. I'm on the same road as you as far as religion. The growling is a concern for me personally but objects being moved from place to place, disappearing and reappearing I agree isn't necessarily a sign of something Parasitic or evil but anything that has the power to do things like that is well, powerful. So no scratches, or being hit or pushed anything like that? Nothing aggressive other than the growling sound? And what kind of growling is it? Does it sound human, or animal? Like a dog or like a Lion? Or? P.s. If something is breaking glass in your home it's a problem so if that happens again, IMO it shouldn't be tolerated, but it's your life.
edit on 18-8-2016 by 191stMIDET because: Wanted to add more

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Yeah, IMO and experience doing things like trying to make friends with an unseen force, especially one that growls and potentially breaks glass is A VERY BAD Idea.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

You want someone hitting you? No problem, wait for tonight

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

What are you talking about? Do I want someone hitting me? Ya know what? I think you and OP are very ignorant of just how dangerous situations like this can be. I'm going to bow out, good luck.
edit on 18-8-2016 by 191stMIDET because: Technical difficulty

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: 191stMIDET

What are you talking about? Do I want someone hitting me? Ya know what? I think you and OP are very ignorant of just how dangerous situations like this can be. I'm going to bow out, good luck.

Perhaps you should read my original thread on this topic, you might find a lot of the answers to your questions. I'm not being ignorant, I'm the one dealing with it, the way I see fit.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Because dead by ghost happens like never!
Oh so dangerous. You know that's exactly the problem with these things, fact is and remains, as long as you don't freak out, it doesn't freak out.
There are many people having experiences and the worst thing that happened to them ever, in years is goosebumps.
Why? Because they're not silly. They investigate and don't scream demon!
But yeah good luck with your approach.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

The glass breaking was only the sound of glass breaking, nothing actually broke. The growls were hard to determine it didn't really sound like man or animal if you know I mean.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Wow I just spent the last 2 hours reading your whole story. Very interesting and I have to say, you are a very brave soul to have lived with this all this time. I would of checked out along time ago. It was like reading one of my Dean Koontz books for awhile. Good luck to you and your family. The house is beautiful. We live in a log cabin that was built in 1937. Old enough for me. And thankfully no past occupants dwelling here. Keep everyone posted. Very nice break tonight from all the drama going on everywhere in the world. Take care.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I don't know how I missed your original thread a few years ago. But I just spent 2 days reading every post. What a cool house.!

So what happened with 'the shed' ? did you ever drill a hole to see if anything was there? Is it still there or did you tear it out? Did you remodel the basement?

I saw where someone commented on the concrete walls (being post 1930 or so), and I would have to agree with that. My house was built in the 1920's and I have a rock wall cellar. They also incorporated a gravity drain for a 'sump pump" which was pretty cool, it had to be a ton of work to run it all the way to the creek about 300' away. problem was toads, frogs, and lizards were coming into our cellar through the pipe. sorry I'm getting side tracked.

I work for an arborist. and I treat ash trees for emerald ash borer. I don't know if you are familiar with this pest or not but it is working it's way west and is currently devasting your area. If they were ash trees, that's why they are dead/dieing.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Hi! i wasnt even a member here when you posted the original thread but I read all of it now and find it so very interesting!
I was just wondering, you had mentioned your son:

originally posted by: slapjacks

Also note to add.. I just gave my little guy a bath and he asked me "where are the monsters?"

I said "what monsters?" and he failed to respond because he had gotten side tracked. That isn't the first time he's said something that caught my ear. I've heard him talking to alone in his room and he would tell me he playing with his friend, when no one was there. could this being a young child making up an imaginary friend? Quite possible. I'll shrug it off for the time being...

If you dont mind me asking, how old was he then? And did he ever say anything else or did he keep talking to his imaginary friend?
Just curious, you dont have to answer if you dont feel comfortable talking about your child.
Thanks

new topics

top topics

join