It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Woman Gives Birth to Giant Baby - 16.7 Pounds!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
A 38 year old woman in Brazil has given birth to a giant baby. The boy delivered by Caesarean section weighted in at 16.7 pounds. The boy is healthy and weights as much as a normal 6 month old.

story.news.yahoo.com
SAO PAULO, Brazil - A woman in northeastern Brazil has given birth to what one doctor called a "giant baby," a boy weighing 16.7 pounds.

Francisca Ramos dos Santos, 38, gave birth to the healthy boy named Ademilton on Tuesday at a hospital in Salvador, 900 miles northeast of Sao Paulo. He was the largest baby born at the Albert Sabin Maternity Hospital in its 12-year history, the hospital said.

"Obviously the baby was born by Caesarean section," hospital director Rita Leal said. "Both mother and baby are doing just fine."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

That is a big baby, thank god she had a C-section. Her other kids were of normal birth weights. Usually if a child is this big, its because the mother had diabetes but in this case, he is just a fluke of sorts.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
My uncle was over 15 and 1/2 pounds and born at home, no pain killers nothing.

As we agreed on in another thread women are a LOT tougher than we are

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Wow! well a big healthy baby! amazing the mother must have had a very sore back carrying the child around for 9 months,

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Let me tell you......I am glad the poor women had a cesarea.

And Amuk what did you people ate during those times?

My littler brother was 12 pound when he was born, but he was the last one after 3 before him.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
And Amuk what did you people ate during those times?

Beans/Rice/Potato's and cornbread/biscuit's. Three times a day. We might have had chicken once or twice a month although we ate rabbit and squirrel fairly often. Before joining the army I could count the times I had beef.

BTW Fred Grandma DID have diabetes

new topics

top topics

join