It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Aren’t Any Bankers in Prison for Causing the Financial Crisis?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

Our system of laws and justice are simple not designed to gaol bankers. They are there so shoplifters and petty criminals can be warehoused. And so sex offenders can receive trivial trivial sentences only to be released in half the time, sometimes unsupervised, to offend again.

Fact is if the banker scum and there political puppets were ever to face a measure of true justice they would find themselves in the dock on war and sex crime charges.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

In answer to the 3 questions you posed above:

Even in cases where there is no question of the actual crime being committed, for example, the laundering of $billions in cartel drug money and the scheming behind it to enable the crime, they get off scott free. There is no grey area or difficulty, it's been proven, hence the fines which, by the way, they even get to claim tax relief on.

There are honest people capable of understanding it all, many whistleblowers for example who knew what was happening and were ignored or hounded out of their positions. We can't just allow the bad guys to police themselves forever using the excuse that it's too difficult to understand.

Once again, they have broken the law many times over, hence the fines!

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
Honestly, I'm all for 'burning it down'- in the sense of torches and pitchforks, taking down the banks and goobers alike...
but only because it would only take a couple of weeks to roll back the clock on government operation by a hundred years if we did it that way.

Then let it take decades, because any quick fix with torches and pitchforks will only bring out the george soros-like high-level thugs that claim to be with the people's message, all the while instilling a monstrosity that will make us all wish we still had our soft-fascist pseudo dictatorship that currently is in shape.

This isn't a game to be won or lost, this is a never-ending battle.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

What ever happened to "corporations are people too" ?

Or could it be they really are "too big to jail"; (enough money puts you above the law) ?

Or could it be that handing out a few "campaign contributions" gets you a free pass?

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

I said you are defeatist because someone presented you with an actual solution, and instead of trying to contribute to it you shut it down with an absurdly uncritical reply.

It is'nt an actual solution people have been trying this # for years. THEY GET NOWHERE. This system does'nt care about you, does'nt care about your views, does'nt care about your opinions or your policies.

I don't "believe in the system" whatever the hell that's supposed to mean

You said yourself you want to change things by pushing and voting for certain legislation. That is the system and it beneifts those with money more than use. Not just because the laws are crafted that way but because they paid to have those laws crafted. You better get yourself on forbes top ten if you want to make a difference. That "people have the power" # is long gone, Govenment rules for, and is ruled by, corps, banks and politicians.
You wish

a system of governance will be required for them to adequately partake in all the great things their society can afford.

Yeah your right society is doing really well..... A mythical Civilised society run by some really swell guys.

If you reply with some sort of anarchist bullcrap then I know you are the ignorant one and just need another 10-20 years to get a clue.

I was'nt going to push anarchy but I find it interesting that your an expert on the subject. Lived a past life as an anarchist have you? Or are you the ignorant one who actually knows little about the actual idea behind anarchist movements. I am not saying one is better than the other but I can't claim anarchist "bullcrap" Is bullcrap because I have never experienced it. You aparently can cause your All-so-wise. Regardless of whether anarchy would work or not, Governmental institutes are proven not to work and I know from personal experience.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: WanderingNomadd

I don't think you have a clue what you're saying, or what I'm talking about.

You're certainly not worth any further efforts, kid.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Ia reply to: pl3bscheese

Much like speculation in the stock market was punishable by life in prison or death. On limited liability corps, it's financial limited liability, criminal liability is not covered. It's just a case of proving criminal activity.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
They didn't cause it. They had almost nothing to do with it

You caused it. You voted in politicians who appointed Fed chairmen who artificially set interest rates for too low, too long. It's your fault.

Blaming Goldman Sachs for something you did is no different than the Germans blaming Jews or the Venezuelans blaming capitalists.
edit on 8/18/16 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle
Ia reply to: pl3bscheese

Much like speculation in the stock market was punishable by life in prison or death. On limited liability corps, it's financial limited liability, criminal liability is not covered. It's just a case of proving criminal activity.

Cheers - Dave

Oh wow, I hope you don't have a retirement portfolio, evil you speculating that your stocks might go up!

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

But you do? Lets dig up some past politicans and ask them how they got those bullet holes in their heads.

No its never worth the effort if people don't agree with anything your saying.

Kid. Third time you have used it. Insulting people does'nt make you right

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

1. You make no sense. Money-laundering is a crime and people who get caught go to jail.

2. Whistleblowers are usually disgruntled foot-soldiers. Regulators are people with integrity who have had solid high-level careers and know their industries backwards. There is no comparison.

3. Stuff and nonsense. I have your measure now; further discussion between us is futile.

edit on 18/8/16 by Astyanax because: of slanty letters

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
When you OWN the game board AND all the pieces, you control the game. It really is that simple. Drop in control of the information (i.e. media and news outlets are akin the reading the rules), and it is a rigged game in favor of the ultimate game masters. A game where the rules change at the whim of the game masters.

Now, if we can get the game masters at each others throats, we will have real change. Give them what they want, full control in one hand. It is a lot easier to defeat a single game master than a cabal of multiple game masters. That is how you defeat them, play into their greed, until you only have a single target to take down.

But then, what do I know. I am just an avatar on a global communications system.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Why aren't bankers in prison for the economic crisis? Simple! Because they would start talking about the politicians and drag them to prison too.

But a better question would be: What happens to the dutch stock market if the USA sends the armed forces to seize Chrysler automotives as a national emergency, de facto ending globalization.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Because Most of them have Given Money to the Obama Administration and are Now Officially " Protected " .

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
The title is from this linked article.

In it, the government’s lead prosecutor in the Enron scandal explains why convicting white-collar criminals isn’t as straightforward as most people think it should be.

A lot of ATS members (and others) think bankers should be in gaol. This should open their eyes to the difficulty of putting them there.

Here’s a teaser:

The difficulties that government prosecutors face in cobbling together fraud cases against even the most nefarious executives illuminates the fact that, legally, corporations are big, fancy responsibility-diffusion mechanisms. It’s what they were designed to do: Let a bunch of people get together, take some strategic risks they might otherwise not take, and then make sure none of them is devastated individually if things go south.

Or, as it’s more commonly described, ‘limited liability’.

Enjoy the reality.

If the main culprit is nowhere to be found, accessory charges should be sent flying to everyone who is a "responsibility diffuser". In every crowd there's at least one who likes to save his/her own ass.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Why Aren’t Any Bankers in Prison for Causing the Financial Crisis? Quite simple I think, they are just too powerful to goal.

In a doco I saw on the 2008 or 2010 whatever, financial crisis, the govt man appointed to sort out the US situation went to the bankers place and met with them. The rule in the power game is that the weaker person goes to meet the more powerful person not the other way round. According to the doco, the banks just told the govt man what they wanted or else they would execute the escalation clause in everyones mortgage instrument.

Think of how much power that is. The govt man gave them xyz hundred mills in return for taking the money and go.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join