It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Writer who wrote Patricia Smith's RNC speech - "Clinton, the only choice"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
This is a shocker, the writer who wrote Patricia Smith's emotional RNC speech has apparently jumped ship and says that he cannot vote for Trump.

In fact, I personally drafted the speech of the "Benghazi mom," Patricia Smith. In that speech, I concluded with the following line: "If Hillary Clinton can't give us the truth, why should we give her the presidency?" As a political speechwriter, that was something of a home run moment for me.

But weeks after the end of the 2016 GOP convention, I am confronted by an inconvenient fact: Despite what I wrote in that nationally televised speech about Hillary Clinton, I may yet have to vote for her because of the epic deficiencies of my own party's nominee.

President Eisenhower would have never proposed banning Muslims from America. Nor would President Nixon. Nor would President Reagan. Donald Trump has betrayed and perverted their legacies. Consequently, I no longer recognize my party.

I have never voted for a Democrat for federal office, but when I hear the president criticize the GOP nominee, I can't honestly disagree with him.
To choose otherwise embraces fear, as Donald Trump has chosen to do. Fear sometimes wins you elections, but it doesn't create jobs, build schools, reduce crime or improve the quality of life for all citizens. Great political leaders help us transcend our fears.

Still, the prospect of voting for Hillary Clinton is uncomfortable to me, as if Dr. Van Helsing were compelled to vote for Dracula.

But the only prospect more terrifying than voting for Hillary Clinton is not voting for her.

The reality of American politics today is, she is the only choice.

Baltimore Sun

Makes you wonder how many disenfranchised moderate Republicans are out there, their party has been hijacked by the extreme right and the Trump train is hellbent on taking the whole party down with him if he doesn't win.

I can definitely see Johnson getting some electorate votes this election. With the recent additions of Roger Ailes and Stephen Bannon the Trump camp will turn the crazy level up to a 10 and I expect a lot more Republicans to jump ship.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
It is revealing when all of these Hillary supporters are making
their names public, it just shows what so many of us have
known for a long while...

Washington is full of corruption, top down and the
most important thing for many in the political circles
is to be politically correct, and make sure they don't
rock the boat of the power brokers.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

IMO, this is the true face of American politics manifesting itself when a truely real establishment outsider stands to deconstruct everything that has been built up to date by the establishment dems and reps. Now we have a situation where a person who is popular with citizens (take of that comment what you will) more so than with the establishment TO THE POINT, that now establishment republicans are now clambering over each other to voice support for Hillary in lieu of Trump.

They are the scum of the universe and all Americans should take note of those career politicians who are showing their true colours in protecting the establishments enterprise to the detriment of the taxpayer.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I love his last line.

But the only prospect more terrifying than voting for Hillary Clinton is not voting for her.

I wanted Bernie but if not him then I'm with her.

Trump is a bullie on the play ground. Yes I have voted republicain and democrat....Yes, I pay taxes and own a small

bussiness.

I truly feel Trump is NOT who I want running our Country!!!!

Hey she is the lesser of two evils.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Of course he does, He's a "north-east republican". Which means he's actually more likely to vote Independent or even Democrat if it suits him. I guess it would surprise you to know one of the Koch brothers will vote for Hillary? This guy like many others just want business as usual, and that's why they'll vote Hillary.
edit on 17-8-2016 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: zbeliever
I love his last line.

I wanted Bernie but if not him then I'm with her.

Trump is a bullie on the play ground. Yes I have voted republicain and democrat....Yes, I pay taxes and own a small

bussiness.

I truly feel Trump is NOT who I want running our Country!!!!

Hey she is the lesser of two evils.

We believe you when you say Trump is a bullie, you voted for repulicains, and that you own a small bussiness. What people are burning to know is if you have a spellchecker.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   
So this idiotic traitor is upset Trump said mean things about muslims but he's fine with the fact that Clinton has personally ordered drone attacks and other actions that have killed thousands of innocent muslim children and displaced millions more muslims with her disastrous nation building attempts in Libya and Syria.

It is funny how the press is salivating at the prospect Lochte may have lied about being robbed at the Rio Olympics but they never call Hillary out on her long lost of lies.

What's worse - falsely claiming you were robbed by Brazilian thugs or falsely claiming you were fired on by muslim terrorist snipers at an airport?

edit on 18-8-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-8-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

She who?

new topics

top topics

join