It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explain the Mandella effect please someone!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

How many shepherds deal with lions on a daily basis?
Those 2 dogs that would clock into work in the cartoons only ever dealt with wolves.
The fable of the boy who cried wolf.

How many lambs grow up in fear of lions?

It's just like the "Luke, I am your father" line.
When you look at it in context, how you "remember" it makes no sense.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Ok...

A one word explanation...

Nonsense.

(post by crazyewok removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

In my past timeline Big Macs were twice as big as they are in this one.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: IllegalName
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

In my past timeline Big Macs were twice as big as they are in this one.

You aren't the first to notice that.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Just slightly different, enough to mess you up on a book author or a line from a movie, or where you left the keys etc. Makes perfect sense. Those sneaky devil's at CERN could be up to it. Or more possibly, the mighty and feared Underwear Gnomes once featured on South Park, just to verify their existence. The struggle is real.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Its simple.

Its mentally ill people with memory problems

STATEMENTS LIKE THIS ARE HUGELY OFFENSIVE.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Kingj56

But thats about as far as my knowledge goes on it.

You knew once, but then got Mandella'd,

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj

originally posted by: crazyewok
Its simple.

Its mentally ill people with memory problems

STATEMENTS LIKE THAT ARE TRUE

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

The Mandela Effect (ME for short) is an excuse some people came up with to avoid saying/admitting "I was wrong".

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj

Sticks and stones etc...

Claiming it is a mental illness problem is incorrect tho, and just muddies the water further.

The Mandela theories are laughable, and I question the education of anyone who believes them.
However, the effect is real and it's quite interesting when you look into the reality of it.

However like most things there are answers which don't require ghosts and goblins.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Faulty memory combined with confirmation bias and a stubborn personality.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
K I think the Mandela effect is bullsh##, BUT I will say this.. I remember Bruce Lee was shot and killed in game of death , done a fly kick off a ledge and was shot with a blank but was a real bullet, even remember the guy who played the bad guy stick sayin it was a tragedy,(I know he died of massive heart failure..) I was in primary school then, this was years before itThey're same thing happened to Brandon in crow., and saying to mates the same thing happened to his dad! Anyone remember Bruce Lee died of being accidentally shot?

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
If a person changed world lines then wouldn't that person be a different person. They are actually the person on the new line. Similar but not the same. Shouldn't their memory be the person on the new line, not the old.

Otherwise memory has to be separate from world lines. If true, this might explain so of the odd things people claim to have happen to them. (knowledge of other lives, etc). It would paint a very different picture of reality.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Lol alot of you guys comments were funny AF. This ME thing is just so weird to even think about it being REAL. After reading more posts and other online stuff. To think that entire realities could switch and that some people notice the switch is really one for Star Trek. I have found zero proof that could lead to the ME being real. One thing i heard was about disney movies being changed. I have ALL the disney classics on VHS from when i was a kid. Tell me what changed and I will look it up.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Midnite247

Bruce Lee wasnt shot. Show me where it says that. Something with a brain aneurysm from an aspirin or something along those lines. Even googles says he died from an aneurysm. Brandon lee was shot during the Crow scene where he gets ambushed. It was suppose to be blanks but it was live ammunition

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Hows that line from the movie snow white go?

It's "mirror mirror on the wall...." Correct?

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

its exactly what people tell you it is
that's the point right ?

is there a consensus reality ?

if you had never seen a ship as a native
would you be able to see the pilgrims boat ?

no one who you ever lived around had seen a boat ?
how could your mind formulate a picture ?
using what ? information

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Now you see what you have asked about!

There are some people that have multiple, varied, memories, upon a specific point in history then, out of the blue, what they know has already happened is not how it happened at all. That is the core of ME--a personal experience that if you try to explain to somebody else will make you look nutters.

For some people it was Nelson Mandela dying in prison. For others it is a famous movie quote from Darth Vader. Some others know that they had to ask a couple times about a family of cartoon bears with a strange, Jewish sounding, last name. And those who have not had the experience will always say: bad memory.

That is the true meaning of Mandela Effect. A fight using words to explain an experience where all data points to how things are now and always will be. Or will it?

BTW, Bruce Lee's character died in a hail of bullets ala Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid. He died of an aneurysm like google and Wikipedia says. At least in my timeline (which is the other catch phrase to use!)

ETA: See, somebody can ask a question and get a bunch of replies from both sides without everybody collapsing into a black hole, dog and cats living together, total chaos happening! S+F for making it two pages!

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
And those who have not had the experience will always say: bad memory.

I have had the experience.
In fact I think you will find everyone has.

The problem is people aren't willing to look into the psychology of it.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join