It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something happened today at the Daily Mail? sHillbots.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAre0ne

Could you design a program to do this? Do you have those skills?

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Also, I am aware of that website you posted. I was looking at the graphs they had, which brought me to comment on how their system works. If you look at one graph such as this:

www.fakegreenarrows.com...

You can see that a lot of users upvotes jump straight up at the same time. This points to there being delayed vote tallys published on their website.

Although it shows they jump from less than 50 to greater than 500 votes in 15 minutes, it makes me think they actually got all those votes long before and they just didn't display until later.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

See my post here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I did make one.

But they don't allow you to upvote multiple times with the same IP and same Cookies, nor in a short amount of time. I would have to obtain a list of working proxies, and modify my code to send POST requests using said proxies. It would be slow, but possible. You would then have to maintain a list of those proxies, because proxies come and go.

To answer your question, yes.... but it wouldn't do what is claimed by some here, which is 1400 upvotes in seconds, it just wouldn't work that fast.
edit on 18-8-2016 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I have been reading some sources online about this issue, and revisiting the people who seem to be getting massive up or down votes. The numbers of people affected are growing. There's no question it's real.

But, I am also now compelled to say that here is how I believe the up-voting/down-voting script/bot works: Someone who is very pro-Hillary & anti-Trump appears to be basically infecting targeted DailyMail accounts with an automatic script that consistently up votes or down votes their comments by the hundreds and thousands and it's instantaneous even if you have to 'refresh' the page to see the jump.

In my case, my DailyMail account is now infected with the down vote version.

Recognizing this plausible possibility, it could eliminate a 'conspiracy.' One very pro-Hillary/anti-Trump person could be behind it.

Regardless, the implication that one person could possibly manipulate so much public sentiment is disturbing. Could a similar method be used on voting machines in historically pro-Republican or pro-Democrat polling locations? Where else are 'bots' like this being used? Did one person write this script and is solely using it for their purposes, or is it being distributed somewhere for the intended purposes to falsely reflect/sway public opinion online?

Anyway, there you have it.

There is no question that the comment voting system at the Daily Mail is being manipulated and why it's happening -- in light of the comment content that's being affected.

Whether you can replicate it or not with one or millions of IP addresses doesn't make it less real.

edit on 18-8-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Thank you for your response. So creating a program to do this so multiple people have the same ability would be difficult as they can't have overlapping IP's so can't be the exact same program duped.

That does complicate some things a bit.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

But, I am also now compelled to say that here is how I believe the up-voting/down-voting script/bot works: Someone who is very pro-Hillary & anti-Trump appears to be basically infecting targeted DailyMail accounts with an automatic script that consistently up votes or down votes their comments by the hundreds and thousands and it's instantaneous even if you have to 'refresh' the page to see the jump.

Hmm, you gave me an idea. I will test it.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Excellent revelations MME !!!!

Looks like Correct the Record is anywhere they can get an easy "in" without resistance.

Big money behind their efforts.

When I read that 'correct the record' crap, I laughed. It's a passive agressive way of saying 'shill'. Ridiculous, ain't it?

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

What you suggest sounds possible.
I wonder if this 'vote virus' is secretly being tested, refined and trial-run on these sites.

Perhaps it's being perfected for actual political campaign vote manipulation.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
From research...I know this same 'rigging' took place intensely on DM during the upcoming Brexit vote...with ant-Brexit posts getting the green and pro-Brexit, the red.

Remember the surprise when Brexit passed? Were major polls also infected?

This shows it's designer is interested in disproportionately propping up leftist opinion.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Maybe I missed it, but has HIllary's SuperPac, "Correct the Record," been ruled out? Probably a lot of the same rioters paid to assault Trump supporters at his rallies.

usuncut.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Talorc

And people who say "likes" are irrelevant are dead wrong. They're underestimating the human craving to quantify and measure.

The fundamental mechanism that fuels social media is quantification. Social media is predicated on pure quantity. Previously, most opinions and arguments couldn't be measured strictly in terms of numbers and stats. The reader/listener had to analyze those opinions and come to their own conclusions. Debate and argument have always been qualitative, moreso than quantitative. I remember the days when forums and message boards had no "like" feature and in order to disagree, one had to actually respond to people's comments. Seems like a different era.

Social media changed everything. It plays on human laziness and also on our (rather modern) obsession with numbers, polls, measurements, and stats. In the days of the old philosophers and the genesis of true logical argument, people didn't have access to wide-scale surveys and stats. They had to trust in their own logic and reason.

Nowadays it's far easier to just accept the numbers and stats they give us, unquestioningly. Humans love to count, measure, and compare, and "likes" have become a very real measurement of worth. People find immense worth in these numbers. Think Facebook friends, think number of "shares" on Twitter, think number of touchdowns during football season, think votes for prom queen.

Of course, all those numbers and stats don't mean a god damn thing when they're all fudged. People can rest assured that their precious numbers, on which they base their worldview, are mostly nothing but forgeries.

Really, I could write I whole thread about this, it goes very deep into the rabbit hole of mass manipulation and human psychology. In the age of social media, this stuff matters. Inflating opinions like this is not a game, people's minds are at stake.

That's a helluva observation. I had never really considered the implications of assigning merits and demerits to social discourse platforms. A subtle play towards our natural desire to say popular things and be in the popular club. Certainly something worth keeping in mind. Great post. (Gee I hope I get lots of stars..)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: MartinD28

I just gave you a merit.

Good puppy. *Pat on the head*

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Yep, I've been frequenting the DM for years and have paid close attention to the number of votes, especially concerning racial and political comments. I even made quite a few anti-Trump comments at the beginning of the circus, before I got so disgusted with all "alterative" choices and decided to keep quiet altogether. I've consistently found that the readership is slightly more conservative than liberal. I've found that Trump has a great deal of support in Great Britian. And yesterday I was very surprised at a really inane pro-Trump comment that was 1/750 (One green to 750 red). It stood out as an anomoly until I kept looking and saw more of the same.

Crazy, glad you noticed too! I posted my very last comment on DM today because the mag is trash for one and I am so tired of the blatant manipulation. Buh-bye, you won't be missed!
edit on 18-8-2016 by zosimov because: mistake

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I was on DM two days ago and people were noticing and discussing the exponential jump in green arrows that would pop up almost immediately after certain people posted their comments. Those comments all seemed pro Hillary, Anti Trump comments on that particular day. It was right after Trump gave his economic speech.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
From research...I know this same 'rigging' took place intensely on DM during the upcoming Brexit vote...with ant-Brexit posts getting the green and pro-Brexit, the red.

Remember the surprise when Brexit passed? Were major polls also infected?

This shows it's designer is interested in disproportionately propping up leftist opinion.

I remember seeing the fraud take place, and the fraud could not overtake the actual votes. But wow, I have to say, reading some of these posts, there are very smart people here on ATS. Really awesome detective work! and alot of thinking outside the box to get to the conclusion.

I said it before, and I 'll say it again, you can identify the truth by identifying the patterns.

Great Job everyone.

In a just world, you would have made fine law enforcers/Detectives.

Even I am mind blown by some of the posts here revealing fraud.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Nice job! They are truly everywhere. I am surprised that we only have a handful of them here. They are the worst on Twitter and Disqus (the comment platform a lot of large sites use).

A couple of ways you can tell they are CTR, is that they repeat themselves and the same talking points. They are also super nasty when they attack. They will NEVER engage on policy, they always go straight for the insults. They love to use the woman card heavily. I conversed with one on a Youtube comment thread for a while , trying to figure out how to spot them easier. The thread got so long, that they started repeating themselves exactly over and over. This one in particular kept talking about how a select group of obscure Republicans were supporting Clinton, including Armitage. I had never even heard his name before.

If you call them out, they will call you "paranoid" or "jealous."

If you ask them why they like Hill, they will respond with an almost cut and paste "she is the most qualified candidate with an outstanding record and she is resilient and has weathered all kinds of right wing attacks" blah blah blah.

Best not to engage them, I usually just call them out once and then never respond again. I actually have a short list of CTR people here that I have stopped responding to. They still try to respond to me though, which is fun.

They are not fooling anyone.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Also on Twitter, people set up little mini presidential polls choices are usually just Trump or Clinton. The people that run them are usually Trump people, that mainly have Trump supporting followers. Even without hashtagging the post, the polls always end up with Hillary like 10% behind. Highly unlikely considering the account's followers are all Trump people. They just follow anything that says Trump and then rush to vote and comment.

We even saw this same thing happen on the ATS poll someone set up. The numbers all got manipulated as soon as CTR found out about it.

Quite the crack up.
edit on 19-8-2016 by Winstonian because: Additional information that everyone wanted me to add to the post, because they love me.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

LOL!

You discredited the OP in record time! Good work!

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   
why would anyone read the daily mail?

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

This is a fascinating thread.

Whodathunk a British tabloid was so influential in the US?!

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join