It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something happened today at the Daily Mail? sHillbots.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The reason hiding anti-Hillary support and proving a false image of support is so important is not to influence people to support Hillary.

It's to create enough plausible deniability that they can rig the election for Hillary with impunity.

The privacy of our votes now work against us.

If no one knows who we vote for, nothing stops them from saying we voted for anyone.
edit on 8/18/2016 by Puppylove because: grammar and spelling

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
It seems that the Hillary campaign has a history of conflict with the Daily Mail.

To whit:

The feud between Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign and the news media escalated on Monday, when the reporter designated by the traveling press to cover Clinton’s events here was denied access.

David Martosko, the US political editor at the Daily Mail, was scheduled as the so-called “pool” reporter for Clinton’s visit through New Hampshire. But when he arrived at the gathering spot for the traveling press corps on Monday morning, Martosko was turned away by a Clinton staffer who said the reporter was no longer the approved pooler for the day’s events.

And the Hillary Clinton campaign itself does not consider the Daily Mail as "foreign press:"

According to Martosko, Merrill then said foreign press was not the issue, and that the campaign did not consider the Daily Mail to be foreign press. (The Daily Mail has a major US-based operation.)

It would seem as though the DM has been singled out for harsh treatment:

There are currently 14 news outlets – including the Guardian – participating in the Clinton travel pool, which is fashioned after the the pool set-up at the White House. Any outlet that has asked to participate, and therefore made the commitment to travel, has been approved by the reporters who oversee the rotation.

Hillary Clinton team denies Daily Mail reporter access to campaign coverage
Sabrina Siddiqui in Manchester, New Hampshire
@SabrinaSiddiqui

Monday 15 June 2015 11.05 EDT

It might be argued that this demonstrates a long standing animosity between the Clinton campaign and the Daily Mail.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

As someone who doesn't trust our election systems, I tend to agree that inflating online support for a pre-selected candidate is a great way to make fixed results look plausible.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

The comment section, at DM, is very active.

It would still be a waste of time considering that the resources would be better spent on social media sites that have much bigger traffic numbers.

And it is being manipulated by pro-Hillary/anti-Trump people whether you think they are wasting their time or not.

Whom was doing the manipulating before Hillary and Trump were in the picture? Like I said, this issue goes back many years.

In my OP, I merely wondered if it was CTR, btw. I don't care who is exactly behind it, but I can see who the effort is favoring. If it is DM's moderation behind it, I find that to be equally troubling than if it's CTR.

It's much more likely to be the moderation at DM than it is pro-Hillary shills.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
It would still be a waste of time considering that the resources would be better spent on social media sites that have much bigger traffic numbers.

Waste of time, in your mind, or not, it's happening.

Whom was doing the manipulating before Hillary and Trump were in the picture? Like I said, this issue goes back many years.

It's irrelevant. There's no evidence that people using a voting script in the past, at the DM, are the same people using one now.

It's much more likely to be the moderation at DM than it is pro-Hillary shills.

I don't think it's likely that the DailyMail is pro-Hillary and is manipulating the votes on the comments posted there. I think it's more likely that it's coming from pro-Hillary shiIIs using a voting script.

And I don't think you proved it's somehow more likely that the DM is p*ssing off their own readers.

So we'll just have to agree to disagree on this.

edit on 18-8-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I find it ridiculous when people say, "Why does Hillary care about..."

She doesn't, she doesn't need to, she pays an entire team of people to care for her.

Do people honestly think the people in charge of her image don't care about the internet? Get real.
edit on 8/18/2016 by Puppylove because: grammar and spelling

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Waste of time, in your mind, or not. It's happening.

Yes, it's a waste of time. It's the comment section of a news website known for being tabloid-like for god's sake.

It's irrelevant. There's no evidence that people using a voting script in the past, at the DM, are the same people using one now.

There's also no evidence that Hillary or CTR are involved. It's much more logical that mods are behind it, but you didn't even mention that in the OP.

I don't think it's likely that the DailyMail is pro-Hillary and is manipulating the votes on the comments posted there.

The DM itself does not have to be pro-Hillary. All it takes is a mod that can change arrows.

I think it's more likely that it's coming from pro-Hillary shiIIs using a voting script.

I doubt it. It's more likely it's someone within the DM.

And I don't think you proved it's somehow more likely that the DM is p*ssing off their own readers.

I didn't say anything of the sort. I'd bet the majority of the DM readers do not look at the comment section. That's why I said other social media outlets would be more beneficial for Hillary shills to go after.

DM comments section...
What a joke.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Do people honestly think the people in charge of her image don't care about the internet?

Apparently they don't.

Some people seem to think that the notion is a joke.
edit on 18-8-2016 by jadedANDcynical because: n't

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

You just keep repeating yourself now. We get it. You don't think it's any organized pro-Hillary shill group. You think it's the DM moderators.

And you think it's a waste of time for someone to bother manipulating the DM comment sections...even though they have a huge audience.

Yet, it is still happening.

Got it. No need to repeat it anymore.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

You just keep repeating yourself now. We get it. You don't think it's any organized pro-Hillary shill group. You think it's the DM moderators.

I think it's much more likely that it's a DM mod/s.

And you think it's a waste of time for someone to bother manipulating the DM comment sections...even though they have a huge audience.

Considering that you have to actually click on the tab to even view the highest rated comments, yes, it's a waste of time. A DM reader would only see the most recent comments unless they click that tab.

Yet, it is still happening.

And it's been happening for years. All of the sudden it's a Clinton conspiracy?

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
what you are describing happens all the time at Google, MSN a lot of other liberal news websites and blogs.

on November 8th the perpetrators will find out that they wasted their time.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Considering that you have to actually click on the tab to even view the highest rated comments, yes, it's a waste of time. A DM reader would only see the most recent comments unless they click that tab.

And it's been happening for years. All of the sudden it's a Clinton conspiracy?

Who cares if they are clustered together when you press the 'highest rated' tab? They are peppered throughout in the default 'newest comments' view.

Also, it's obviously an effort to falsely inflate comments supporting Hillary or criticizing Trump. A pro-Clinton 'conspiracy' is the most logical conclusion.

We have made our views very clear to one another. If you are going to keep repeating yours hoping I will eventually say, "You must be right!" then that's not going to happen unless you have some evidence that Daily Mail moderators have gone rogue for Hillary. And it would have to be more than one because this arrow inflation is going on around the clock.

edit on 18-8-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

if I wanst going to vote for her before, that sort of attitude will definately make me vote against her.

Who raised people to think like that?

LOL.

I want big trouble, do bring it.

edit on 8 18 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I have read the Daily Mail everyday for a long time..

At first they were constantly putting only Pro-Hillary/Anti-Trump articles on the list of stories that showed in the app..

Readers were constantly calling out the DM for their bias..

In the last couple of weeks the tide has shifted somewhat and I am now seeing a more equal amount of Pro-Trump/Anti-Hillary and Pro-Hillary/Anti-Trump articles make the list... I read somewhere Daily Mail was part of Trumps press pool recently so maybe that had something to do with the more Pro Trump articles.

Someone is definitely using fake arrows to upvote Pro-Hillary and Anti-Trump comments. They also down vote Pro-Trump comments.

I have also noticed them on Obama articles..Thousands of up votes for comments like "I love you Obama your an amazing man"

They are also down voting any comments made by certain Pro-Trump people... Meaning no matter what they post on, even if non-political, they end up with hundreds of thousands of down votes .

There are sites out there where you can get a Daily Mail arrow bot... I have a link but not sure I can post it here..
edit on 18-8-2016 by misfit312 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: misfit312

There are sites out there where you can get a Daily Mail arrow bot... I have a link but not sure I can post it here..

Wonderful info.

Daily Mail is a guilty pleasure for me, too. It's not necessarily a source of information that I find is profound, insightful, or even true, always...but they're also not much worse than most major U.S. media outlets.

I have never seen the arrows on DM's U.S. political articles being manipulated like they are currently. At the very least, it's never been obvious enough for so many people to notice like they are, right now.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Interesting bit on the article which started this thread, from the comments section:

The comments below have not been moderated.

But...'it's the mods, I tell you, it's the mods!"

BTW:

7. What is the difference between unmoderated comments and comments moderated in advance?
Unmoderated – your comment is published on the site without being checked in advance.

Moderated in advance – your comment will be checked in advance before appearing on the site.

The category of comments is stated at the top of the thread.

11. Are my comments checked before they go online?
Depending on the article they may be. The relevant webpage will say whether comments are moderated in advance or are unmoderated. Look for the comments category at the top of the thread.

DM FAQ
edit on 18-8-2016 by jadedANDcynical because: added FAQs

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
Interesting bit on the article which started this thread, from the comments section:

The comments below have not been moderated.

But...'it's the mods, I tell you, it's the mods!"

Ha!

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
how many americans use the daily mail for their daily trump fix?
the mail supports trump, heavily, cant see any democrats reading it.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Who cares if they are clustered together when you press the 'highest rated' tab? They are peppered throughout in the default 'newest comments' view.

Not really. I've been looking at the comment section of many articles and it only gives you maybe a dozen new comments to look at. You have to click on another tab to see more comments and you have to click another tab to see the highest rated.

Also, it's obviously an effort to falsely inflate comments supporting Hillary or criticizing Trump. A pro-Clinton 'conspiracy' is the most logical conclusion.

Sure. It's also most logical that it's within the DM mods because this sort of manipulation has been evidenced for many years before Hillary/Trump.

We have made our views very clear to one another. If you are going to keep repeating yours hoping I will eventually say, "You must be, right!" then that's not going to happen unless you have some evidence that Daily Mail moderators have gone rogue for Hillary. And it would have to be more than one because this arrow inflation is going on around the clock.

I have no evidence of whom is behind this and neither do you. Forgive me for going with the most logical, considering what we do know.

Again, let me state for the record that this is the comment section of the Daily Mail...a tabloid website.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

You obviously don't read the Daily Mail much, if you did you would know comments are a HUGE part of it... People even post that they go there just for the comments..There is even a stats page for overall comments and commentors.. People commenting there don't think clicking a tab is a waste of time.. Seriously, it's like 2 seconds to lift a finger to touch it on the app or to move a mouse...It took longer to read your post...
edit on 18-8-2016 by misfit312 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join