It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something happened today at the Daily Mail? sHillbots.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+49 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
(Note: I am posting this so as not to derail an important Seth Rich thread.)

Something happened today at the Daily Mail. It seems there is an organized effort to sway/falsely reflect their readers’ opinions.

Earlier today, I noticed that something ‘funny’ was going on at the Daily Mail. I replied to a comment on a Seth Rich article and the comment I replied to suddenly went from 2 to 1180 “green arrows” (think ’stars’ on ATS) within the time it took me to post my comment and refresh the page to see my comment.

I wasn’t the only one who noticed this sudden ‘inflation of approval’ either. Another commenter asked if the person was using a 'voting script.'

Anyway, this incident prompted me to spend a good portion of my day skimming the comments, at DM, for others with inflated ‘support.’

It turns out, there are actually several others currently posting at the Daily Mail, with hugely inflated support. And, it also turns out, that many other people noticed this before I did.

Curiously, these people inflating their green arrows are pro-Hillary/anti-Trump across-the-board.

Here is a running list I’ve made of people inflating their comment support, at the Daily Mail (to see their full green arrow count, you’ll need to click ‘View All’ on their comment-list):

Tonita
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Rambolina
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Beep-Boop-Beep 1000
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Brooklyn_Ky
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Karen Bishop
www.dailymail.co.uk...

booyahstew
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Probos
www.dailymail.co.uk...

beckimouse — 24, 000 green arrows for 24 comments in 24 hours.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

So, there appears to be a coordinated effort here. It's organized and consistent. It’s sophisticated enough that many commenters seem to be using the same method of manipulating votes and they are speaking from a similar/common voice (with regard to Hillary and Trump.)

Somehow these people commenting can inflate the support (green arrows) for their comments. Witnessing this unfold, today, reminds me — more than ever— that the support and sentiment of voters is being manipulated in the media and online.

I am hoping others keep an eye out at their usual online hangouts…because I wonder if this is exactly the kind of nitty gritty dirty-work that Correct the Record covers.

edit on 17-8-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Excellent revelations MME !!!!

Looks like Correct the Record is anywhere they can get an easy "in" without resistance.

Big money behind their efforts.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
What don’t you people understand the elite WANT HILLARY

SO DOES DONALD TRUMP

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I think people understand that Hillary is being foisted on us whether we like it or not.
edit on 17-8-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
MME...I witnessed your discovery today...practically in real time.
The way the numbers inflated automatically, can only mean an orchestrated effort to influence opinion and export propaganda disguised as genuine opinion.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I mean, this is really not a little thing!

And if it's going on elsewhere online, it's a very important thing. Of course support is being inflated elsewhere if it's being inflated at the DM.

I personally think that looking at how disinfo is spread is the surest path to waking up.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
What don’t you people understand the elite WANT HILLARY

SO DOES DONALD TRUMP

I agree. The Oligarchs and Neo-cons all want Hillary. It is already over.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Thanks for hanging with me to witness it...I needed witnesses.

+14 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
This happens all over the place online, mainly on prominent news websites. Artificial inflation of "likes" and the other analogues meant to gauge "approval." I've witnessed it first hand more than once.

I'm an extremely careful, methodical observer of things around me. I notice this stuff more than other people, but I'm always afraid to speak up for fear of being called paranoid or delusional.

Glad to see I'm not the only one seeing this.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: IAMTAT

Thanks for hanging with me to witness it...I needed witnesses.

I'll chime in too and say that I too witnessed this as it occurred. I even called a couple of times it out in the thread MotherMayEye mentioned.

It was an obviously artificial inflation of that site's approval ratings for commenters.

And yes, it does bring to mind the manipulation of numbers such as polls and even votes.

Those of us who looked at the GEMS software thread know that the machines used to tabulate votes have coding built in to the system to treat votes as decimal values rather than whole integers. For anyone who might not know what this means, it means that a value other than "1" can be assigned to a vote.

Meaning 25 votes can be counted as 250 or 2500 and 250 or 2500 votes can be counted as 25.

It is becoming more and more apparent that Hillary is the choice for president no matter what anyone else might wish or desire. I shudder to think what might happen when she is proclaimed the victor if Trump happens to achieve a huge percentage of the actual popular vote; not that we'd ever be told what the real popular vote is.
edit on 17-8-2016 by jadedANDcynical because: changed phrasing of one sentence

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Not only better the people vote in Hillary but if they don’t they will have the craziest MF in history as president as a direct punishment.

You people better stop playing around here and just vote the bitch in and stop complaining or your assess will be in big trouble!

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Talorc

I've definitely suspected it before. But it's been isolated and not nearly as obvious. I have doubted what I suspected in the past.

This one is obvious, clearly coordinated, and organized.

Is it obvious because Hillary needs THIS much shiIIing?

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I'm glad you brought this up, because this makes a lot of sense on some of the "oddities" in comment support on DM lately specifically regarding trump/hillary. The ones that come to mind happened a couple weeks ago during the democratic convention. Just about all the articles covering it had overwhelming Hillary support comments, which I remember thinking was odd since DM often seems to have a more neutral audience.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
There's a line from an old W.C. Fields movie that comes to mind every time I see another example of Hillary being foisted on the American electorate, by her minions, as something even remotely palatable.

"She's all dressed up like a well-kept grave!"

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: cleverhans

I have been thinking their arrow system is wonky for a bit, too. But I have never seen someone get 1000+ comments within 8 minutes of posting until today.

Also, I consider DM's readers to be conservative, but I have been a reader for years (yes, there is some shame in admitting that) so they must be somewhat neutral.

I'm pretty neutral....

...in that i hate both parties equally.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

The manipulation of votes idea is not lost on me.

Whether it's the DailyMail or a voting machine. Pro-Hillary people have demonstrated they can manipulate votes. And they are organized.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Talorc

but I'm always afraid to speak up for fear of being called paranoid or delusional.

Unfortunately your fears are pretty well founded.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

And people who say "likes" are irrelevant are dead wrong. They're underestimating the human craving to quantify and measure.

The fundamental mechanism that fuels social media is quantification. Social media is predicated on pure quantity. Previously, most opinions and arguments couldn't be measured strictly in terms of numbers and stats. The reader/listener had to analyze those opinions and come to their own conclusions. Debate and argument have always been qualitative, moreso than quantitative. I remember the days when forums and message boards had no "like" feature and in order to disagree, one had to actually respond to people's comments. Seems like a different era.

Social media changed everything. It plays on human laziness and also on our (rather modern) obsession with numbers, polls, measurements, and stats. In the days of the old philosophers and the genesis of true logical argument, people didn't have access to wide-scale surveys and stats. They had to trust in their own logic and reason.

Nowadays it's far easier to just accept the numbers and stats they give us, unquestioningly. Humans love to count, measure, and compare, and "likes" have become a very real measurement of worth. People find immense worth in these numbers. Think Facebook friends, think number of "shares" on Twitter, think number of touchdowns during football season, think votes for prom queen.

Of course, all those numbers and stats don't mean a god damn thing when they're all fudged. People can rest assured that their precious numbers, on which they base their worldview, are mostly nothing but forgeries.

Really, I could write I whole thread about this, it goes very deep into the rabbit hole of mass manipulation and human psychology. In the age of social media, this stuff matters. Inflating opinions like this is not a game, people's minds are at stake.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Maybe they are using the GEM voter rigging, er, I mean weighing system?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
There's a line from an old W.C. Fields movie that comes to mind every time I see another example of Hillary being foisted on the American electorate, by her minions, as something even remotely palatable.

"She's all dressed up like a well-kept grave!"

It does describe the DNC pretty well.

WC might have got that from Matthew 23:27

27Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside, but on the inside are full of dead men’s bones and every impurity.…

Jesus was a funny guy too! No one seems to acknowledge that.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join