It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex Cop Declares War On BLM

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

So war time veterans are a problems and cops are all bad.

Gotcha.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig

No need to ask clarifying questions.

Sometimes you have to call a spade a spade.

I mean how hard should us regular police officers toe the line to keep from being blanketly bashed from people who use anecdotal logical fallacies?

To be honest, i'd love to see much less "toeing the line" by LEO. It'd sure reduce the need for these types of conversations.

Being a cop is not a race, or a gender. Its not a disability. Its a career choice. And while its unfortunate that some who have chosen that career have chosen to misuse/abuse that power, I cannot help the fact that my own victimization by police combined with the near constant bombardment by media of similar (and far worse) scenarios among other people have given me a very, very sour view of LEO's in general. Not because all cops are bad insomuch as you don't know which ones are and are not....and the ones who are not don't really seem interested in removing the ones who are.

Yes, and LEO's career choice has a public image problem. I didn't cause it. And I sure can't fix it. But I certainly won't ignore it.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Man why would an law enforcement need armored personal carriers?

I just don't see the need.

www.4029tv.com...

www.policemag.com...

www.koaa.com...

Gasp!

Funny thing, at my previous agency the 10-33 program provided me a Kevlar helmet to use during active shooter situations.

Due to the scaling back of the 10-33 program, at my current agency (Airport PD) I was denied a request for a damn helmet.

God forbid I received that helmet, people would think I was preparing for WAR!!!

edit on 18-8-2016 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

So war time veterans are a problems and cops are all bad.

Gotcha.

I don't know if those words are small enough to fit in my mouth...but feel free to try to shove them in there.
edit on 8/18/2016 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

Right. Meet force with greater force.

I.e., "escalation". And look where we are today because of it.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
....and the ones who are not don't really seem interested in removing the ones who are.

Ah, more blanket assumptions/anecdotal fallacies.

I can post numerous links of "bad" police officers being arrested by other police officers.

Been there done that on ATS and not doing it again.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Using a non-weapon equipped armored vehicle to evacuate innocent citizens in a dangerous situation is meeting force with force?

Am I misreading your statement?
edit on 18-8-2016 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

And i can post up numerous where they are not.

What does that do?

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

You can link numerous stories with actual evidence of police officers actively refusing to arrest "bad" police officers, or just stories in which someone believes that police officers are actively refusing to arrest "bad" police officers?

Not being sarcastic, but I would love to read some of them. .

I am sure they are out there as I am not naive to the existence of bad cops, I just don't think it is an epidemic.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

You just said that.

War time vets are a problem in the police force and your opening post in this thread made a huge and sweeping generalization of police officers.

You put those words in you own mouth man.

Collect your thoughts and maybe put down the outrage before posting.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

No, what i said was that we are bringing vets back and hiring them on forces where they are being given the same weapons that they just left a war zone using. And made reference to how their training must at some point bleed into their police work (the gist of the "hammer" metaphor).

Now, if you want to make that into something it is not, feel free.
But Im pretty well versed in how muscle memory works.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Those vets have far more tactical patience and worked within strict ROE for years.

Let's just gloss over that.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Those vets have far more tactical patience and worked within strict ROE for years.

Let's just gloss over that.

Not trying to gloss over anything. Just pointing out the same things that are typically pointed out: there is a problem with policing in America. While that is my opinion, its an opnion that is shared by quite a few folks.

TBH, i'd expect LEO's to find a way to agree. Its not like the policing problem in the US is down to just plain human nature. Various policies, like the war on drugs, have done nothing at all to help LEO's to make it home at night or build strong relationships with the community. Were cops asked to police crime instead of morals, i'd bet that LEO would find negative interactions dwindle to almost nothing.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I'm always down for a policy discussion.

My opening post in this thread was exactly about that. Policy.

Demonizing drowns out the important policy discussions we need to be having in order to fix the real problems LEOs face as well as the citizens they are sworn to protect.

I'm not above criticism of police when they've done bad stuff.

But we haven't even confirmed that this guy in the video is a cop. And this is the real issue here. Nearly every police shooting since Ferguson has been deemed a bad shoot before the facts even came out in the case.

Here again we have you and other posters talking about how its typical of police to think the way the guy in the video thinks. Without having any facts at all. Just a YouTube title for the video.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Ill still stand by that comment. Its a comment born of my own experiences with LEO, both as a perpetrator and as a professional. Even, on a few occasions, based on personal interactions.

My opinion won't change through argument. It'll only change through experience.

If it helps any, i have family that works in the prison system that I am pretty harsh with. Call me romantic...but I was raised/programmed with the notion of America being the land of the free. With how heavily we deploy our police to gather up meat for the prosecutorial grist mill, I can't help but feel that the people working within the system aren't committing some form of crime themselves. Whether that is the case or not, I do have to admit that because of this, I do hve hostility towards the badge itself, regardless of the person filling the shoes.

In fact, for the most part I tend to like the people behind the badge when I get to know them. Other than them perpetrating tyranny and all that.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

So you're going to stand by a comment with little basis in reality?

Where's the evidence this guy is a cop, or ever was?

Anecdotes aren't evidence. A collection of anecdotes isn't evidence either.

Not only are you painting with a ridiculously broad brush, you're also making false assertions and refusing to verify facts.

But you're sticking to it eh?

Neat.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

My comment:

how very typical of police mentality: if you don't like it, declare war on it.

Says nothing about the guy in the video. It says "police". If you want to find that he isn't a cop, fine. Won't change the opinion that led to my comment: That declaring wars on things is a thing that is typical of law enforcement.

I stand by that comment.

ETA: TBH, i think its a rather petty point to pick. So I guess ya'll can have at it.
We can each have an opinion. If that opinion is just too broad brush and nasty, then so be it I guess.
edit on 8/18/2016 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
So this guy advocates for shooting looters on site? Women and children as well?

I would think that a life is more valuable than a TV or other material item.

You do realize that if you enact a legal system in which looters are shot and publicize that as the law of the land, the looter is the one making the statement and decision that life isn't more valuable than a material item, right?

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

You do realize that if you enact a legal system in which looters are shot and publicize that as the law of the land, the looter is the one making the statement and decision that life isn't more valuable than a material item, right?

Some people don't understand the concept of personal responsibility.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Seems to be common these days.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join