It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Answer my Friend, Is Blowing In the Wind.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Love this song and see it as a good cry for the issues we face now that grow everyday. I thought to share my thoughts on the meanings I take from them today

How many roads must a man walk down
Before you call him a man? How long will we continue to repeat history until we finally evolve.
How many seas must a white dove sail
Before she sleeps in the sand? How long will we travel the same beaten paths ^ .
Yes, and how many times must the cannon balls fly
Before they're forever banned? Speaks for itself.
The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind
The answer is blowin' in the wind

Yes, and how many years can a mountain exist
Before it's washed to the sea? How long can can uncaring giants (Government, Corporations...) exist before they are finally removed and forgotten.
Yes, and how many years can some people exist
Before they're allowed to be free? Again speaks for itself, when will we finally achieve true freedom.
Yes, and how many times can a man turn his head
And pretend that he just doesn't see? How people ignore all the corruption around them no matter how often it is presented to them.

Yes, and how many times must a man look up
Before he can see the sky? How long until people realise there is a better future than the one we are allowing to be crafted for us.
Yes, and how many ears must one man have
Before he can hear people cry? How long can people ignore the surfering around them, both domestic and foreign.
Yes, and how many deaths will it take 'till he knows
That too many people have died? How much longer will there be wars, assassinations and other deaths in the name of greed and power.

Just sharing what I take away from this classic.

edit on 17-8-2016 by WanderingNomadd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: WanderingNomadd

Sadly history will repeat itself. Give it a century and Europe will see another Hitler thanks to what Merkel did when she brought too many refugees. All it takes another Nazi like group to exploit the situation and boom a new Hitler will rise.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Awesome song, hadn't heard it in a while, thanks OP.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

Np
I love sharing great media.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
like JJW better:

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Those who don't know history will repeat. The people that are in power want us to repeat this. Specifically the Western allies.

They have been giving false history these days.

Forget "Knowledge is power."

I say "Knowledge is freedom!" Those who try to suppress it, is against freedom and want to control the population as some kind of slave.

Corporations will continue to thrive at this rate. Corporations will not be forgotten. It will be written in the history book as one of most oppressive kind of system used on mankind through centuries.

new topics

top topics

join