It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 Myths about Trump's 'Doomed' Path to the White House

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Trump is not really into to war from what I can gather. War is bad for business, except for war contractors. Everyone else gets screwed. Syria was bombed back 1,000 years. Why do that? Now we can't sell anything or trade anything, their people are putting enormous strains on other countries. Complete screw up on Obama and Hillary. We should have either stayed out or went in full force. Now it's just ruble and they still take no blame for it. Never going to defeat an enemy today with special forces and drones. Those are just tools to be used with bodies on the ground. So stupid. No war will ever be won like what he is doing. Then Russia just went in that and destroyed it even more so now it's hopeless. It would take 50 years to bring it back to something where people could return.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: SentientCentenarian

Thats as funny and catchy as that old Crazy Frog song lol

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Hillary defends accused rapists and belittles women who state that they have been raped.

Wonder who would vote for her. . . . .

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

There's no policy there, there's talking points.

Go through it line by line and he says I'll do this, not THIS IS HOW i'll do this.

Until he does that, it's not worth anything.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

1. Hillary Clinton herself is a war monger. One of Bernie Sanders' primary beefs against her was how quickly she saber rattles and her financial connections to the war machine.

We all know Hillary is a war monger, I don't support her over trump, I un-support both equally. ( I'm Canadian I have that luxury.)

2. "polls always end up being mostly right" is an incorrect statement. Aside from the most glaring example of Dewey beats Truman, exit polling indicated Kerry had won in 2004, indicated Hillary had lost a couple of the primaries she was awarded, and have generally become little more than tools of the desired narrative.

That's just untrue, county and state polling for both primaries and general elections have generally been spot on. Yes of course there are some polls that aren't good and that end up being wrong. I"m talking about the vast majority of political polls end up pointing the right direction. Exit polls are also generally the least valuable of polls IMO. Even here in Canada they tend to be garbage.

If the argument is, oh they make up all the polls and they never really existed, that's pretty weak. That's like Donald parroting about Voter Fraud that basically doesn't exist. I've been polled on several occasions here in Canada, but I guess that's just anecdotal and a logical fallacy, much like the argument you're making is.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6Where are these magical answering Americans that keep getting polled? Odds should be high that someone in a 20+ person pool with 20+ years of voter registration would have been polled at some point, ya?

I get called for polls 3-5 times a day. I don't answer them though.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I find the poll accuracy argument to be very similar to the vaccination debilitating side effect argument. Defenders of vaccinations will, and do, say "Well, statistically it's only a 3 or 4% chance of something going wrong... which isn't significant." Tell the 3 or 4% whose child fell victim to one of those debilitating side effects "you're kid is statistically insignificant." Same goes with the polls, IMO. They may not be wrong the majority of the time, but when they are wrong it's a doozey.

FTR, I'm not saying these polls are made up, but I'm also not trusting enough to say they aren't. In the grand scheme of things, polls serve only one purpose: group think. Shallow people find the urgent need to think something a large swath of their contemporaries are also thinking. That fact and human nature make polls a definite potential target for shenanigans. It's the same rationale behind the old Neilson ratings... "What should we watch on TV tonight, dear?" "Oh, I read today that 13 million Americans watched American Idol last week, we should definitely join the group and watch that!" So while 'm not saying I believe they're faked, I'm also not saying I believe they're scientific, accurately reported, nor do I find them defensible.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Fair enough, that's a logical and completely acceptable way of looking at it

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
how do I becoem a canadian citizen? i want to leave this sinking ship while i still can.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
how do I becoem a canadian citizen? i want to leave this sinking ship while i still can.

It's not that hard anyway, we have a skills based immigration system.

If you have skills we need, you can pretty much move here, apply for residency, and within about 3 or 4 years be a citizen.

Great place, better beer, bacon and Maple Syrup. Healthcare is a plus, but taxes are high.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: stinkelbaum

First, the speech was excellent. As far as proactive, I meant not waiting for a one sentence sound bite. They are not proactively promoting the campaign. They are just attacking Trump.

The ideology test? The point to this is simple. There are countries that house questionable people. The people coming in are not all vetted. They bring them in anyways. As far as stopping something, well, if you do not plan you can never do anything. Think Grasshopper and The Ants.

House of Saud never bailed him out. That was a tweet you are referring to. He bought Trumps boat for 900 million. I am sure he was not the only one who would have bought it. It was a business transaction and the prince got a good deal.

Trump does not have a tower on Wall Street. It is in midtown. He built it and earned it. He transformed NYC with his projects and with Guilianis law enforcement. It should be an example of what you can have.

Trump does not have shady money involved. If there was it would be in the news.

Also, one other fact most people do not know is that the GOP as a whole has brought in more money than the DNC for this election. Alsmot 60 million more. There are a lot of seats that will go nowhere with that funding and a Republican presient would be great.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

It's not that hard anyway, we have a skills based immigration system.

If you have skills we need, you can pretty much move here, apply for residency, and within about 3 or 4 years be a citizen.

Great place, better beer, bacon and Maple Syrup. Healthcare is a plus, but taxes are high.

~Tenth

Well I am a pretty good critic. lol!! I guess i could get a PC certification and do IT work. And If the Bacons thicker than 1/2 inch im there.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

How do I become a Canadian citizen? i want to leave this sinking ship while i still can.

Hey where the hell do you think your going?? You better stay put and help us fight this impending civil war! Im not going nowhere no matter how bad it gets.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist

How do I become a Canadian citizen? i want to leave this sinking ship while i still can.

Hey where the hell do you think your going?? You better stay put and help us fight this impending civil war! Im not going nowhere no matter how bad it gets.

Im sweden. Ill sell guns to both sides.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist

Easy on the SKS, Bender! That barrel's toast. 30 pizza pies ago...

Honestly if there was one myth that needed to be exposed,
it would be how much our votes count. From the looks of the
grassroots versus the shakeout in November-- you'll know the
answer for yourself.
If a lot of other people have the same "ain't no Santa Clausen"
-we're-in-a-real-pickle here look besides you: I'm sure you'll all
know what to do about the truth too. I do: see you there.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Star & Flag for a wonderful post Matafuchs! I was watching the live Donald Trump Town (Milwaukee) Hall on Fox News Channel tonight. He looked, acted, spoke, and body-languaged, like an experienced and confident PRESIDENT.

Even though Shaun Hannity displayed his usual hyper-emotion when talking about Hillary and Obama, Donald Trump responded by calmly and authoritatively explaining the differences between his policy on a given subject, and theirs.

When the family members of Clinton's Benghazi victims asked Donald Trump questions, he displayed true empathy and determination, in promising to do all he can to prevent that kind of slaughter from happening under his watch.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Im sweden. Ill sell guns to both sides.

Naw, that just makes you American. If you were Sweden, you would have nothing to do with the guns, but hold everybodies money. I have a feeling you would prefer to hold all the money

originally posted by: derfreebie

Easy on the SKS, Bender! That barrel's toast. 30 pizza pies ago...

Oh come on now, its clearly a Thompson!

I just feel a Trump presidency will focus more on missions that can succeed with the right focus, like Afghanistan. If we were to work with Russia, as opposed to miss WW3 Hillary who would increase tensions with them, we could actually completely destroy the Taliban. We could do this while simultaneously destroying ISIS as well. All we have to do is actually play nice with the power that in fact did the bulk of sacrificing in WW2. It may even been said Hitler would have been more successful if his Eastern front was not held back so hard by the Russians. They both sacrificed a lot, but the Russians held out and the Third Reich started to fall apart after those heavy ass losses.

Why is it so awful to have Russia as a friend, whos leader is a proud Christian, and culture is preserving traditional Christian values?? I mean we claim Saudi Arabia, a brutal anti human rights with a proven and long record of persecution, hateful treatment of women, and global funding of terrorism and radicalized teachings.

I cant fathom why Trump wanting a good relationship with an Energy rich Christian nation is a bad thing, while we currently are tied in with easily one of the worst Monarchies on Earth that fund violent terrorism and teachings??

Is it really so wrong??

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

You are correct. Id rather hold all ze monies.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Mitt Romney created the flow chart on how to lose an incredibly winnable election. Trump is not only following that chart, but ramping up the crazy a thousand times over. Surely at least one of his former campaign managers has pleaded with him to shut the hell up and start appealing to the moderate swing vote (the thing that Romney failed to ever try to do and sunk his run) before they got "you're fired".

Trump is still campaigning to the far right who were already going to vote for him, to the GOP base, who were (by and large) already going to vote for him. His path is not looking good, and worse by the minute. Unless someone can put a muzzle on that moron, and get him to talk policy and plans only, his campaign is doomed.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join