It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global money-printing signals economy in freefall.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Global money-printing signals economy in freefall.

The policy of quantitative easing – otherwise known as “printing” money – is being employed worldwide at a record-breaking pace, signaling to many analysts that the global economy is in freefall.

Central banks are spending $200 billion a month pumping money into their economies, buying bonds as a pace even higher than during the worst of the financial crisis in 2008, reports the digital global business news publication Quartz.

The emergency measure, however, doesn’t seem to be helping, with low growth persisting while interest rates hover near zero.

In the U.S., the Federal Reserve policy of printing money to buy Treasury Department-issued government debt began under President George W. Bush and accelerated under President Obama.

A chart produced by the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis shows the adjusted monetary base of the United States rose from $1.772 trillion on Jan. 14, 2009, to $3.996 trillion on March 16, 2016.

During a Presidential election year, we dont really hear too much about anything else.

Unless of-course its how Moslems are responsible for the evils in the world (past, present and future).

Meanwhile, buried under the political headlines and non-stop Brown Scare, is something which actually has the ability to affect our way of life as we know it.

And that is a complete collapse of our economy.

Based on the premise in this article, the Rothschild central banks are doing the only thing they can to keep their house of cards from falling which is to generate more debt and to increase the monetary supply in order to bolster the prices of assets/stocks.

How much time do we have left and how bad is it going to be?

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

The Reset is coming. Just a matter of when. Then the real danger begins, imo.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Are you talking about the Global Currency Reset? I think you're right. I don't understand how it would ever work or how they could get all the nations to agree to one currency. Think of the logistics involved in that. It's probably just way too far over my head

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I don't understand a lot of the finance issues involving central banks, the stock market and such.

But I have a question or two, that maybe you could answer. Has there ever been a longer period in history, where the interest rates have been this low?

And with the crash of '08, will this new one be harder, and farther reaching?

Just looking to understand a bit.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
To understand the seriousness of the issue, you must first understand the basics of money- something that simply isn't taught anymore, as informed people would never have allowed it to get this bad.

Fractional reserve lending, is the keyword that brought me through several hours of learning that allowed it to set in.

Once you understand that process, you'll understand that the interest rate can only go down over time- and eventually hit zero. At zero, fiat currency no longer functions as mathematically intended- but works well enough for the agenda. It punishes people who have money, and rewards people who have banks... while forcing accelerated lending (look forward to 0.5% financing on 10 million dollar homes instead of 4.5% on 200k) which in turn leads to outrageous inflation.

I've got some cash saved up, trying to buy some land- but I'm starting to fear that it's just too late.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

as informed people would never have allowed it to get this bad.

Your right a well informed people with knowledge of what was going on at the time probably would of atleast tried to stop it. Strange how, aslong as it is covered up initially, people are willing to accept anything aslong as it comes to light a few years or more later.

You tell informed people we are going to commit acts of terrorism they would say no. A few years later after committing these acts of terrorism it comes to light and people don't care at all even though it is still in full swing.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: WanderingNomadd

It's easier to ask forgiveness than permission.

Or more effective.

Besides, with rulers like pantsuit, What difference does it make?

Might as well get a shovel and start digging ourselves a hole.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

I haven't researched the question, but I've wondered myself if there was a period when interest rates were this low for this long. So I checked and found this: www.newworldeconomics.com...
which has to do with the interest rates in the 1920's.

Then I found the answer, (I think), at: www.newworldeconomics.com...

Those charts would seem to indicate the last time interest rates stayed this low for this long a period of time was from 1934 to 1941. The rates were kept low to combat Deflation, a condition that exists when the value or worth of the country's currency increases over time and the price of commodities and goods and services decreases in relation to the country's currency. So, if an apple was a nickel in 1929 when the Great Depression began, in 1934, an apple only cost a penny. A Deflationary Depression is the worst kind to endure because the value of everything plummets and it gets harder and harder to make any money.

What's not largely recognized is that in the Western Economies, and Japan, the governments have been quietly fighting Deflation for the last 10 years. And they way they fight Deflation is to keep interest rates at 0 or near 0 making money near "free". They don't seem to be winning. I bought a new Toyota truck in 2008 for $20,000.00. Today, I can buy the same truck, new, for $20,000.00.

Back in the 1970's the problem was Inflation, wages and prices rising too fast and the value of the currency was falling fast. My dad bought a Ford LTD in 1973 for $3,000.00. He replaced it with the very same make and model in 1980 for $10,000.00.

Hope that helps somewhat.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

It does help. (somewhat, generally finance is not my friend) But thank you so much for posting it!!!

But it leads me to another question. The last time it was this low, was due to the depression (?) So, has the government been currently fighting deflation due to 2008, or is this a new trend? (Before a massive crash?)

I'm not sure if anyone can really answer, but I do appreciate you helping an old lady out!

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Give it 20-30 years and classified information will be released about 9/11. "Yeah sorry folks, but you know.. oil, money and sh!@....brown people gotta die".

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
The only way to hack it through the # storm that is coming is to lose your fear of discomfort, to lose your fear of pain and suffering and to lose your fear of death. To lose FEAR ITSELF is the way, and the only way. The S#it birds at the top of this global heap of S#it are those that will truly suffer in the end. Do unto others as they would do unto you is the only motto that EVERYONE should adopt, and they should adopt it on the F@%#ing double. The love of money is the root of all evil. FYI I am not a Christian or even religious but, those two lessons from the "good" book are absolutely the truth with a Capitol "T".
edit on 17-8-2016 by 191stMIDET because: Wanted to add more

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
another 30 years will do it- but it's not about money and oil, it's about control.
They needed to pass the kinds of laws that anyone paying attention would have said "excuse me sir, wtf are you doing?" - so they found a way to keep everyone from watching the man behind the curtain.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: 191stMIDET
The only way to hack it through the # storm that is coming is to lose your fear of discomfort, to lose your fear of pain and suffering and to lose your fear of death. To lose FEAR ITSELF is the way, and the only way. The S#it birds at the top of this global heap of S#it are those that will truly suffer in the end. Do unto others as they would do unto you is the only motto that EVERYONE should adopt, and they should adopt it on the F@%#ing double. The love of money is the root of all evil. FYI I am not a Christian or even religious but, those two lessons from the "good" book are absolutely the truth with a Capitol "T".
And "The love of Money" translates to the love of power, the power over others.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Oil and money are two of the current forms of control. Laws, religion, work(Jobs), technology, media, etc... aswell.

People have been indoctrinated thats the problem. They have been taught that working long hours for terrible money doing mindnumbing tasks is something to be proud of, when in fact its just the evolution of slavery not of freedom. That patriotism is the love and trust of government and these little weasels it produces. That banks are our friends and can be trusted to control the monetary systems. crazy....Death does'nt look so bad an ending.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
hey there...it's uncharted alright....Greenspan as a young lad studied the failure of losing the gold standard and was appointed to figure the remedy after a fail...
he said everyone gets new money according to their SS input....lovely, huh!!!

later he got into the treasury...but going off the gold standard we should have collapsed by 1990.....

computers allowed the new derivative market which is whacky
that's what kept us going this long but the debt should explode the system....like anyminute but I know their magic keeps the system going somehow.....or it's sorcery-- I trade currency against the banks and clobber them until they pull their magic and can target us individually......like on my trading platform.....this I swear!!!!

a reply to: chiefsmom

edit on 17-8-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
It will be the answer to "fixing" the economic "issues". When people are starving and chaos is rampant. They will accept anything to be "saved". I think the orchestrating entities will use the opportunity to do a lot more than just a world wide currency imo.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
You think the riots are bad now? Wait until the checks stop coming...

There will be a reset, and sooner rather than later. We will end up with a new form of currency. Think Germany in 1923. The same thing is happening now, only it is taking longer because in 1923 the German banks weren't pumping billions of dollars in to the system to hold off deflation. The real problem is there is a correlation between deficit and inflation. Uncontrolled deficit equals uncontrolled inflation. Our deficit is out of control.

Some people in Germany survived by buying gold. Many people in the US are trying to do the same thing but the problem is that they are buying paper title to the gold in many cases. That paper will be as worthless as the currency when the defecation impacts the rotary oscillator.

The people who own things are probably going to be alright. Whats yours is yours. The people that are financed to the teeth are probably going to be alright. The debt will be erased overnight and they will simply start over. Its the people in the middle, who have half their home and half their car paid for, and have half a retirement in a 401k, that will get hurt the most. They don't own much and the money they do have will disappear in the reset, along with the things they were paying off - like their homes and cars.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel
Exactly. I was just telling someone today to read up on 1918-1928 germany. I see it being played out again just in a different sequence

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

this is always a fun reminder too
Almost at the $20 Trillion mark

usdebtclock.org...

“It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” -- Henry Ford, Founder, Ford Motor Co.
edit on 17-8-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

And thats not including derivatives so I heard.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join