It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Trump Loses the Evangelicals Will Retake the GOP.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Liberals and libertarians need trump to win...

Trump has done what no liberal, libertarian or common sense republican has been able to do. Wrestle control of the GOP from the social issue oriented evangelical wing of the party.

Trump has moved the right to the center on gay issues, min wage and single payer, but if trump loses that all goes away.....all of it.

The evangelicals will claim Trump just wasn't "pro life enough" and fall back into the religiously inspired death spirle the GOP has been in for years.

Even if trump loses their will be turmoil, but if he wins....

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

You're right. Trump has fundamentally altered the Republican party to reflect, dare I say it, republicanism. If he loses, the void may find itself filled with anything at this point.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

All of you Hillary supporters:
If you want to stop the evangelicals, you must vote for Trump.

Take it to heart!
Stop the Evangelicals!!!

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
The evangelicals have always had a strong grip on the Republicans. Trump has been pandering to them throughout this process with his references to faith and god.

If Trump loses, it will be back to business as usual for the GOP.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

If Trump loses, then just say goodbye to any viable 3rd party candidate or any candidate that does not have the approval of Washington establishment.

This is a watershed moment. Trump is the test case to see if "outside of establishment" candidates ever can stand a chance.

You can vote establishment, or vote 3rd party, or vote for Trump.

"Would you like to play a game . . . . . . . ?"

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Progs are an all or nothing crowd.
VERY crappy at negotiations like our debates here,expect a slander and denial but NEVER any form of acknowledgement for being correct in any way lest they lose heir place among the SJW ranks...
But for some evangelicals CARSON wouldn't have cut it.
They'd really LOVE louis Farrakhan in office,probably say he's a fair leader

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
When not if Trump loses. Next election will be the last where the Republican Party has a real voice. It'll be competing with the Libertarians during that election though as they'll be in the debates. Then both will lose. After that the Libertarians will be the new Republicans.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
How exactly has one republican candidate moved the how many republican senators, representatives and governors to center on social issues?

Do you remember when he mentioned LGBT folks at the convention? Do you remember the reaction? It was anything but enthusiastic.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

If Trump loses, then just say goodbye to any viable 3rd party candidate or any candidate that does not have the approval of Washington establishment

Trump isn't running 3rd party.

You can vote establishment, or vote 3rd party, or vote for Trump.

Are you now claiming the Republicans aren't established?

This is a watershed moment. Trump is the test case to see if "outside of establishment" candidates ever can stand a chance.

Blaming a minority and demonizing a religion worked for the Nazi party, Trumps rhetoric has been no different, far right parties across Europe have used the same edict for years, Front Nationale, BNP, UKIP, Golden Dawn...

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The evangelicals are nothing more than a group of pawns the elite Washington politicians pander to with empty promises.

Much like the other side pandering to the poor and hyphenated groups with no intention of ever actually giving a $h!t about them.

Lie, say what you have to say to get their vote and get more power and money.

How anyone can think the Washington elite give a # about any of us is mind boggling in this day and age.

Keep watching that MSM.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Interesting observation and I've seen and read others who have noted the same thing, i.e., Trump has secularized the election and taken the social issues off the table.

What a peculiar article this is! www.telegraph.co.uk...

In it the author notes: "The religious right is over. God stayed at home.Trump has stripped all the culture war out of the GOP, and much of the Reaganite economics is gone too. The Constitution hardly raised its ghostly head; social benefits will be protected. We heard Democrat-style promises of equal pay for women and labour law reform. Free trade is bad now. Even foreign wars - even Nato - are "obsolete". America's people are still good, polite, compassionate. But millions have lost their well-paid industrial jobs and now schlep behind a desk or a counter for far lower wages. Their faith in government is gone. Their religion has become less theological and more cultural; Christmas and weddings, little more. Their culture is debased. Nixon stormed out of West Side Story because he thought it distasteful. Today hard core sex and violence are freely available on TV and the internet. Celebrities are the new tawdry gods. Even conservatives have become uglier. They mount vile, racist and sexist campaigns on Twitter. They are shameless. They have little Christian sense of guilt. "

And this..........from a Brit? I find that quite strange.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

All of you Hillary supporters:
If you want to stop the evangelicals, you must vote for Trump.

Take it to heart!
Stop the Evangelicals!!!
If the republicans would purge the evangelicals from their ranks, the evangelicals would be just as stopped.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Vote for Trump or all the future leaders will be whomever the DNC wants.

Everyone who voted Sanders, should be scared as H-E-Double Hockey Sticks of the DNC

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Want to play a game?

Didn't that lead to thermal nuclear war?

Because it sure isn't tic tac toe we're playing.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: stinkelbaum

Trump isn't like by republicans or democrats.

This is very much a test case for any future candidate that is outside the establishment circle.

edit on 17-8-2016 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

You're right. Trump has fundamentally altered the Republican party to reflect, dare I say it, republicanism. If he loses, the void may find itself filled with anything at this point.

While I quite agree with this statement, I would go as far as to say that the Republicans dearth of viable candidates and socially responsive platforms has already created that void in the party that now has been filled by what you call 'anything' And that 'anything' is Trump himself.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Want to play a game?

Didn't that lead to thermal nuclear war?

Because it sure isn't tic tac toe we're playing.

It's all a big game. We just don't see it because we're always losing.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra
How exactly has one republican candidate moved the how many republican senators, representatives and governors to center on social issues?

Do you remember when he mentioned LGBT folks at the convention? Do you remember the reaction? It was anything but enthusiastic.

Haven't you heard. They will if he tells them to.
Trump believes it of the military. He speaks of his regime. Why wouldn't he think he can just order them to do it or he fires them?
He sure seems to think that's how it works. I

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Most evangelicals i know voting trump think him at best a cultural Christian. I had a great argument with a cuckservative churchian who is a fairly active local GOP member a few weeks ago about Trump. He and his wife were asking me how as a Christian i could be voting for Trump? I countered with I remember you really supporting Romney in 2012 and I know you both despise Hillary who are you voting for? They answered "Johnson". I said I understand I did that in 2012 myself because I'd vote for an apostate or an atheist before a member of a heretical sect like Mormonism, so I honestly did not vote for Romney, and i promise not to blame you for a Clinton presidency like you did me for an Obama second term.

Evangelicals are a vital part of the GOP as it currently exists and in whatever form it takes post 2016. Christianity is the only thing that can temper some off the more extreme views of certain elements the ascendant AltRight and ethnic nationalists on all sides. I'm an unashamed American nationalist, but I understand that nationalism without Christianity can be really dangerous.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Not the place for platitudes when it could so easily become current events.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join