It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello from December Rain - Again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Hi Everyone,

Been a longtime member of ATS, if i remember correctly started using ATS back in 2004 and joined couple of years later. Over the years have been on and off of ATS, the journey started back in 2004 when following John Titor I reached ATS and spend 2 days here reading about him. The website used to be in black/ golden/ white fonts back then I think and was very confusing to surf
, unlike today..wow the whole website has changed dramatically and it took me almost 25 minutes to realise how to make a new thread and upload my favorite avatar. Thought of rejoining ATS with an alias similar to the first ever account I had here with something called Dcember_Rain or December_Rain but unfortunately lost details relating to the account so made a new one again. Last time I visited ATS was back in 2008 or something, don't exactly remember. Over the time job and life stuff took priority.

Whatever my stance on issues were/ are, it was always fun, joyful and at times intense interacting on ATS. I can always reflect back at those times and the people here with whom I used to have fun and at times heated discussions. I don't know how things are at ATS now, but I spent so much time here that it always has a special meaning for me. My favorite posters used to be Schoniders Dog, Protoplasmic Traveller, Optimus and lot of other guys, don't know if they all are still active now or if anyone remembers them.

My views on lot of things have changed overtime on lot of subjects for better or worse haha but I'm still fond of discussing two things nature and politics. Things are going "spicy" this US election, who would've thought we would get to watch Donald Trump vs Hillary Clinton. On nature front earth is still dying with global warming breaking records every year. I will try to take sometime out and participate for as long as I can.

Thanks and see you guys around.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: DecemberRain

Welcome back!

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS again DecemberRain

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

a reply to: TechniXcality

Thank you guys. I hope you are doing well.

Quick question - are you guys able to see my avatar because I'm not. However, when I click on Account setting it is visible properly but not on this thread posts. This is important guys, avatars are what defines us

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DecemberRain
a reply to: stonerwilliam

a reply to: TechniXcality

Thank you guys. I hope you are doing well.

Quick question - are you guys able to see my avatar because I'm not. However, when I click on Account setting it is visible properly but not on this thread posts. This is important guys, avatars are what defines us

Welcome back

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DecemberRain
This is important guys, avatars are what defines us

I think our words define on an internet discussion forum.
My current avatar is just a child's sand pit, I use others, including electron microscope images of sand, a sand castle with the British flag, a metric tonne bag of building sand, and others.
Mostly sand related of course due to my user name.

I can see your avatar by the way, and welcome to ATS.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Thank you and I love avatars. I learnt a long time ago that people can easily hide behind words but avatars are windows to their soul. They usually choose something which is very special to them or means something to them even if it's not related to whatever words they are putting on the forum.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Here's a little glimpse of my soul.

Welcome back.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Hmm, I look at it differently, and think consistent typed thoughts, opinions, and positions through our words is far more telling. I see folk with avatars that make folk feel all fuzzy inside yet their words/typed persona differ vastly.

You have half of an elephants face for example, are you projecting that you could be thought of as a wise old elephant who has 'seen things man', or you like elephant conservation, perhaps you have a wrinkly face?

Nah, I'll consider you by your posted words in discussion, nothing else.

*Edit*
Oh just for general information, I chose 'grainofsand' because that is all any of us are, just grains of sand washing our way around the beaches and coves of life.
I tend to use 'sandy' images for my avatar to identify, or have relevance to my user name, but before the recent UK referendum on leaving the EU it was a 'pro leave' image.
My avatar does not define me or offer a window to my inner thoughts, my typed words definitely do, my username might, but not the image in my avatar, unless it happens to have relevance to my already posted words..
edit on 17.8.2016 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

a reply to: Spacespider

Thank you

a reply to: grainofsand

None of the above, I love wildlife and have few special avatars saved which I used on ATS back then.

Edit: Unfortunately it seems ATS has made some changes in regards to the size and dimension of avatars visible, so sad I cant use my favorite Zebra, Gorilla and Tiger avatar.
edit on 17-8-2016 by DecemberRain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Haha, cool, I love wildlife as well, but sea coastal countryside most. I live by a beach and we have friendly seals and dolphins to swim/play/interact with.

...I have an irrational fear of bears though lol, especially as there are no wild ones in the UK!

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I remember you.

Welcome back!

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Thank you. Hope you are doing great

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Me too! Hello.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I think I remember you! WB.

Took my own hiatus, but looks like you can never really leave this site.

edit on 17-8-2016 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

It's true, the people here on every end of spectrum have been great and that's what made this forum unique. Loved reading your insights and look forward to hear more from you.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Welcome back DecemberRain, you can pull rank on me in ATS age, I don't remember you but it is all ways good to see "old" members come back.
They have a broader perspective.
Please enjoy your stay.
WIS

top topics

join