It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Carolina Teens Rob, Kill Man Who Helped Pull Car From Ditch

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
This is disturbing.

One 17 year old, and a 19 year old killed a a man who helped pull their car out of a ditch. Shortly after he helped them get "unstuck", they killed and robbed him. This happened at around 11 PM on Monday night.

It sounds like the victim, Chadwick Garrett (45-year-old North Charleston resident), agreed to help the 2 young men get their car out of a ditch if they paid him $20. After he came through, he inquired about the $20. Instead of replying verbally, the younger criminal, Deon Frasier pulled out his weapon and fired multiple shots.

(Victim)

I wish they would use the victim's photo for the headlines/cover photos, but they tend to like to post the photos of the criminals.

Deon Frasier, 17, and Michael Dupree-Tyler, 19, were arrested at an apartment less than six miles from the intersection of Durant Ave. and North Jimtown Dr. where police say they robbed and killed 45-year-old Chadwick Garrett around 11 p.m. Monday after he helped them haul their Dodge Durango out of a ditch.

www.nydailynews.com...

Here's a 2nd, local source: www.postandcourier.com...

These 2 criminals probably thought they could scoot away with some easy money. Awful, awful human beings. R.I.P. to Chadwick. A sad ending to his life

edit on 17-8-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Leave them poor guys alone they are just oppressed by the white man. Scum bags. vigilante justice time.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

A photo of the victim can be found at Fox News .. he was a black man.

photo

These loser teens were driving a nice new 2016 Dodge Durango, but repaid this poor guy in bullets for his help.
edit on 17-8-2016 by eeyipes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: imsoconfused

It sounds like a d-bag got killed by bigger d-bags

stop and help or keep driving, don't stop and extort money from the kids, the 45 year old deserved a beat down for charging 20 bucks

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Terrible for the victim and his family. As for the criminals? I doubt a mans wallet was worth 30 years to life in the big house serving as somebody's bitch. Have fun.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: eeyipes

Thanks for linking to his photo. I will add to OP in memory of this victim

+24 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
a reply to: imsoconfused

It sounds like a d-bag got killed by bigger d-bags

stop and help or keep driving, don't stop and extort money from the kids, the 45 year old deserved a beat down for charging 20 bucks

What? Thats the dumbest thing I have read all day. Any tow truck would charge you 100 minimum.,
edit on 17-8-2016 by imsoconfused because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: thinline

He struck that deal with them before he helped them and they agreed. Is his time and assistance worth nothing? I don't care what his past was like, he did not deserve a beat down and he most certainly did not deserve to die.

edit on 17-8-2016 by eeyipes because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

The victim deserved to be beaten for asking if they would pay $20 for him to help pull them from a ditch? What planet are you living on?

He stopped and took time out of whatever he was doing to try to help 2 strangers, and after going out of his way he gets murdered.

Your post is sickening

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

You know what I don't get? There such a huge fuss with white against black crime, yet, at the same time black on black crime is just as bad if not worse. Look at Chicago for example. Every weekend we have countless murders and shootings. IMO 90% of that is black on black crime. When a black woman gets pinned to a police car the world ends. When there's black on white crime, nothing, other then a family mourning the loss of loved one.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Maybe a lesson to be learned here?

Dont stop to help strangers.

Especially...well, you get the idea.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks

You know what I don't get? There such a huge fuss with white against black crime, yet, at the same time black on black crime is just as bad if not worse. Look at Chicago for example. Every weekend we have countless murders and shootings. IMO 90% of that is black on black crime. When a black woman gets pinned to a police car the world ends. When there's black on white crime, nothing, other then a family mourning the loss of loved one.

Welcome to the new social justice NWO agenda in the US, perpetuated by the media.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I have been stuck on the side of the road with a flat and no jack twice, once was on 70 in the middle of nowhere Kansas before we had cellphones.

Both times a black man stopped and asked if I needed help, pulled out their jack, jacked up my car, and just changed my tire for me.

I gave one 20$ and had 0$ on me for the other one. But neither guy asked.

My point is 20$ is effing cheap when your stuck on the side of the damm road.

Eta

Went outside to smoke after posting this and was looking at my car and remembered I dont have a jack in there.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
The story didn't mention race but look how this thread turned out?

Why doesn't it surprise me on ATS?

(post by tadaman removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: mclarenmp4

What do you expect when Black Lives Matter is shoved down our throat non-stop. Doesn't this guys life matter? Why protest an armed drug addicted felon who got shot by a (black) cop but not a decent black human being who was killed after helping a couple fellow black kids?

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

It's not extortion, he offered services and they chose to accept them. There is absolutely no requirement for him to even stop and offer assistance.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Exactly why I don't stop for people who are stuck,in accidents,out of gas,hitchhiking or in pretty much any other situation. I have to know the person for me to even give half a care these days.

Right up the highway from my town a lady and a little girl looked to be distressed because their car broke down. So naturally a passerby stopped to help and approached the two. Then a man leaped out from behind the car and choked her, she was then robbed and then the three fled.

winnipeg.ctvnews.ca...

edit on 17-8-2016 by Athetos because: Sourced and corrected

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: mclarenmp4

A simple search can reveal that.

edit on 17-8-2016 by slapjacks because: because

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Killed over twenty bucks.

Twenty bucks!

I don't even know how much is in my wallet today, but you can bet I wouldn't want to get a beatdown- let alone killed- over a couple of worthless dollars.

Effing animals, these kids. A hundred years ago if someone pulled this nonsense, their own family would take them out back and shoot them.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join