It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian War propaganda video.. Interesting IMO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
As short video of some dreamed up Russian attack drones.. The container missiles are nothing new but the quad copter defense and attack drones I found to be a rather interesting concept. If there ever is a next great war... I feel sorry for everyone... what a frigging waste of a country's youth and infrastructure... youtu.be...

edit on 727thk16 by 727Sky because: ...

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky
that personally looks like a waste of money to me. if they were really gonna build such a thing

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I watched the vid a few months back and was amused . There is a one upmanship with these types of vids that goes back and forth .Got to give them the marks for creativity with making vids though .

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I saw an American propaganda movie once called 'Captain America' where they had a drone ship waaaaay more awesome this.

But in typical American style it was used to murder its own citizens.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Did some out-of-work game designers in Russia get a contract to produce that piece of crap? Where is there any sense of reality with the designs of those stupid quadcopters? I suggest that is not a true piece of Russian "war propaganda" if it is, they are in serious trouble with their concepts. That said, I really like the idea of sneaking up into the neighborhood of huge bases and setting up your killing shop, every efficient.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
F111s Skyhawks...all aircraft CLUSTERF##KED , no return fire...pretty optimistic.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   
That Quad copter would have been very useful in world war 1. I think even in world war 2 it would have been a sitting duck for the airplanes at that time.

The missile systems is another story since they would be useful.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Overly simplistic view of weapons and an attack.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Except of course they aren't...

All sorts of small, and many times DIY, drones are buzzing around and in VERY active use by both sides in Ukraine.

If you genuinely believe that we have the means and equipment to make these useless, why are these systems not being used now in any number of hot spots around the globe with active US SOCOM operations and presence?

Truthfully, the systems of today are almost completely optimized to ignore this threat class so we don't waste millions or billions in ammunition shooting down birds and the like.

Also, many times we'd be degrading too many capabilities we depend on more than our enemies do.

Frankly I see a lot of western internet posters who are in advanced states of cognitive dissonance or outright impairment on military technology topics. On one hand they have a perverse and unfounded certainty that western militaries are so technologically advanced and etc that they believe no one can hope to challenge us in a military operation at everything from the individual to the national level. While at the same point not being willing to dedicate resources to R&D or acquisitions even to deal with new and emerging threats.

Truthfully, the world has not stood still in the last two decades, and we haven't kept up in areas like this, especially on the defensive end...

top topics

join