It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Your Greatest Conspiracy Mistakes?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 07:52 AM
As for me:

Y2K Party like it's 1999, I sure did! And when it came time for the New Year's Eve countdown, I nervously sat ready for the world-wide power grid collapse with my stores of food and water. I sure was embarrassed the following weeks, as I had to face the error of my many pleas for friends and family to prepare.

Elenin This "Extinction Level Event" (E.L.E.-nin) comet really had me going. All of the signs seemed to be pointing toward some imminent global catastrophe. Once again, I sat embarrassed, as the comet flew on by without a hint of disturbance.

What are some of the greatest conspiracy, propaganda, and/or dis/mis-information blunders that you have erroneously believed? Why is it, that we so easily buy in to the garbage in light of truth?

edit on 8/17/16 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 07:56 AM
a reply to: Sahabi
I've been firm believer of DNA manipulation and alien intervention for couple of years, because is so much damn is fitting the story. But after real disassembly of facts you get how big propaganda is this.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 07:57 AM
I text an ex on new years eve of 2012...

Told her that if we were all gonna die i wanted her to know i still loved her.

to be fair i was pretty drunk and also 17 years old, young, dumb and full of...

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 08:01 AM
When I first got into this stuff many, many years ago I was a bit naive to it all and I believed in a lot of it. I was on a beach in Malaysia drinking rum with a group of people that i had met in Australia.. and the subject about nato and the UN came up, I started to go into deep conspiracies about the new world order, living in the matrix, nibiru and 2012..

To cut a long story short I made myself look like a complete dick..
I still cring when I think about it.. but I did learn a valuable lesson that day.
edit on 17/8/16 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 08:02 AM
Come.... again?
I thought the date was the 21st of Dec 2012 not New Years Eve.
a reply to: AMNicks

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 08:03 AM
a reply to: TOMFROMOZ

Yeah your right that was probably when i sent the text

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 08:03 AM

I didn't buy those two and I don't buy into the still to come Armageddon or World Plague, CME or all out nuclear war ones, either.

The world is always at endless war, people are dying of disease in droves from industrial pollution already, and the big battle has been ongoing for decades. We just cant see it, the designed distraction, fear mongering of the one big ELE event, blocks our view.

So go dig your shelter, prep and shiver in your bunkers...

Edit: Fearful consumers are better consumers.
edit on 17-8-2016 by intrptr because: Edit:

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 08:05 AM

I completely forgot about Y2k, I was only 9 years old at the time but even then I was into current events and did think something would happen.

Also, the whole December 21st, 2012 thing.

Also, the impending collapse of the economy a little after 2012.

I'm sure there will be a few more before I'm dead

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 08:09 AM
As a kid I poured over "chariots of the Gods" and was obsessed with the thought that ancient aliens had visited us...then I grew up a bit and noticed the innumerable problems with that hypothesis...

But later I learned about the DNA molecule and it's perfect complexity...
I knew as I studied its architectural brilliance that DNA was a coded sequence....
And possibly coded by some highly advanced technical civilization and quietly my curiousity about who we humans are again was piqued...

Then "Ancient Aliens" came on tv and made me think I must be a moron for ever thinking that..

Either way, long live our alien creators

edit on 17-8-2016 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 08:15 AM

I can't really say that I've fallen for conspiracies, per se, that didn't happen, but I've been gullible to a few things prior to actually starting to pay attention to the world.

I do know that 9/11 isn't what it was said to be by government officials, but I believed the official story for many years (I was in the military at the time of the event--still makes me sad to think about all of those people). That's one that always jumps to mind.

I'd say that I was duped into the whole Ancient Alien theory by reading Zecharia Sitchin's works (bought the first book by chance at the airport on my way to Germany while in the Army)--I ended up reading all of the books in his series. I still think that there is more to the "myths" from ancient civilizations, but I fully understand how misleading and untruthful many of Sitchin's (and others like him) claims in the books are. That was a bit disappointing when I had that come-to-Jesus moment.

I would say that the biggest conspiracy that I was ever an active part of in my life would be the Christian religion--I haven't been a believer in a god or followed a religion since I was about 22, but wasn't an active believer since about age 15. It wasn't until I was in the Army and started really getting into the historicity of world religions (thanks to Sitchin's books) that I realized that there is no way that so much can be borrowed and condensed from prior religions and cultures, then bastardized and concepts stolen and added and it still be true (or based on truth), let alone be an infallible word of god.

So, yeah, religion would be the greatest conspiracy mistake of my life. I'm guessing that I'm not alone in that one.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 08:17 AM
a reply to: Christosterone

To be fair, the first season of "Ancient Aliens" was actually decent--it was the rest of the series that really dicked it all up.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 08:24 AM
a reply to: Christosterone

Then "Ancient Aliens" came on tv and made me think I must be a moron for ever thinking that..

Shows like Ancient Aliens and books like"Chariots" are vain attempts at rewriting the history of the planet. Manufactured mysteries, intentionally designed to supplant the real tale with one that supports the Paradigms narrative.

People didn't build that, gods did. Men didn't rule, gods did. Arguments from both sides assert this.

When in fact the ruins are scattered with tools and drag marks leading to the stone quarries they were fabricated from.

We just love to be force fed a mystery.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 08:32 AM
My biggest mistake was letting myself get distracted from the people behind the curtain.

LOL at blaming Obama for everything.

Too many distractions...fake elections for one. The president is already picked ahead of time. They make no decisions, all they do is do interviews and read teleprompters.

It's always funny to watch people blame Obama or any other president for their administration's mistakes. Hopefully everyone will one day wake up to the false theatrics of the election cycle.

Just one of many distractions meant to portray our false "freedom".

I've had a much clearer mind ever since I've stopped blaming the puppets. It allows me to research further and perhaps find out the truth, not the crap they want us to believe.

Turning off the TV is a start.

edit on 17-8-2016 by DigitalVigilante420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 08:34 AM
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I think it was one of the first season's 2 hour episodes which heavily featured Von Daniken and why the theory came to be....

I LOVED that episode and thought, wow, this is gonna be awesome....

Then the next 50 episodes and my hopes were shattered...

Regardless, I know when I stare up at the innumerable stars and galaxies that eyes with intelligencer are staring back at me from across the eons...

I know it in my soul and I know that we Homo sapiens will return to the stars from whence we came…
Came from either aliens in the conventional sense or through some sort of planetary collision bringing single celled organisms which evolved into who we are today…

Either way I know we came from the stars and I know we're not the only ones…and its our destiny to return to the stars and spread our species in perpetuity...

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 09:07 AM

I still believe in the possibility I'm just much, much more skeptical and I don't think any government knows anything.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 10:18 AM
Jet fuel can melt steel beams

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 10:24 AM
I think I made the mistake of starting out believing I'd ever know the truth about anything that wasn't just my own stubborn opinion.
edit on 17-8-2016 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 10:57 AM

Castaneda, and Däniken, filthy liars....

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 11:30 AM
Black Night Satellite. I believe we would find probes from aliens long before they would actually come here. So my bias fooled me on that one...

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 11:49 AM
I once believed that Scotland was a real country. Like a real country would have a unicorn as their national animal. I still believe that if you die in Scotland you die in real life, though. Some conspiracy theories are hard to shake.

I used to believe the conspiracy theory that there was a difference between Republicans and Democrats.

Back when I was really gullible, I used to believe that there was equal justice under the law in the US.

I even believed the conspiracy theory that Federal Reserve Notes were backed by something tangible, and that the Federal Reserve was part of the US Government.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>