It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Campaign Major Staff Shakeup

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

All of it hearsay. All of it

It seems like there's a lot of different factions - don't you think? And establishment means different things to different people...

I would seriously love to know who made that initial call

It's possible I missed it somewhere along the way - do you know? :-)

Paul Manafort made a career out of stealthily reinventing the world’s nastiest tyrants as noble defenders of freedom.

The plot thickens...

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

I think you missed my point

:-)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

I read this yesterday, concerning the hiring circumstances of Paul Manafort:

The almost casual circumstances of Manafort’s hiring added to the uncertainty of who ran what. Trump had known him for years (Manafort has a condo in Trump Tower), and Manafort was recommended to Trump most forcefully and effectively by their longtime mutual friend, international businessman Tom Barrack.

HuffPo

Here is the wiki link for Tom Barrack

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

They are trying to control Trump.
I don't think he is going to put up with it.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

our new supreme leader will be wanting to sport a shiny new media arm he can call his own

.....oops ....excuse me....I need to go change my pants....

Ok.... Manafort will still be around as campaign chairman, but Conway and Bannon will act as firewalls between Trump and the RNC (Manafort). Manafort will deal with any donations to the campaign, while C and B deal directly with Trump, "letting Trump be Trump".

Bannon will be Trump's "yes man", boost Trump's daily dinner of anti-Hillary nonsense and right wing conspiratorial fantasies, and help make Trump an even more ridiculous, pathetic candidate.

Conway will be there to immediately tell news media and and us, that we we didn't hear what Trump was actually saying.

And let us not forget the 1971 Powell Memo Blueprint

In his memo, Lewis Powell recommended that pro-corporate propaganda be promoted in the interests of “balance, fairness and truth.” Soon after the Powell memo was written, AIM [Accuracy in Media ] (which started as an all volunteer group) began receiving significant funding from major conservative donors like Richard Mellon Scaife’s foundations, whose finances come from Scaife’s industrial business fortune.

.... which led to Fox News (and Rush Limbaugh) and Roger Ailes

Ailes also continued to pursue correctives to what he saw as media bias. In the early 1970s, he went to work for a conservative news network called Television News Incorporated, funded by the right-wing beer king Joseph Coors. Like Ailes’ proposed Nixon project, TVN hoped to feed its own right-leaning news segments into the broadcasts that ran on local stations nationwide. (It even used the current Fox slogan, “fair and balanced.”) Ailes hoped to build TVN into a full-fledged network to rival the broadcast giants, but it lost money and folded in 1975. While keeping a hand in other projects, Ailes committed himself to Republican politics.
Ailes chose to join forces with the conservative media mogul Rupert Murdoch to create the Fox News Channel, his greatest legacy.

While many news stories focused on Murdoch’s influence, Ailes was always the visionary and guiding hand behind their network. Debuting in 1996, Fox by 2002 had overtaken CNN as the most-watched cable news network. Its key role in defining and promulgating right-wing issues and talking points over the last two presidential administrations—always in the vein of angry, resentful politics that Nixon made central to the modern Republican Party—is today well established. (Despite his role running Fox, Ailes continued to advise Republicans closely, whether dispensing advice to George W. Bush, about the politics of his war on terrorism or coaching vice-presidential nominee Paul Ryan in the 2012 campaign.)

source

Ailes will cash in now, and later, with Trump.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

First - you make me laugh desert. It's good to laugh

But then - you kinda make my stomach hurt with the rest...leave it to you to flesh out my somewhat half baked conspiracy theorizing

Someone I honestly didn't know squat about - until yesterday:

This Man Is the Most Dangerous Political Operative in America

Good times

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

If I were a Conservative, I would certainly be furious at 'right wing' media, current crop of politicos and would be elected officials for making all Conservatives look like raging, bigoted, morons.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

If I were a Conservative, I would certainly be furious at 'right wing' media, current crop of politicos and would be elected officials for making all Conservatives look like raging, bigoted, morons.

I used to BE a conservative on this website in 2012. Well moderate conservative. Look at me now. That should tell you all you need to know.
edit on 18-8-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I remember and always thought "not compared to these yahoos".

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Kali74

I used to BE a conservative on this website in 2012. Well moderate conservative. Look at me now. That should tell you all you need to know.

My original political forum (not ATS) I went in as a Bush supporting Republican. A few years later I was on the other side.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join