It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Campaign Major Staff Shakeup

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd
Wow out of all media outlets CNN is questioning Breitbart's credibility...thats funny. Especially considering CNN is actively working with DNC as has been leaked already. But I guess we can all deny the facts and just blindly accept this bias article which I wouldn't be suprised was the DNC's idea.

CNN is barely hanging on. They even got trounced by MSNBC who is barely one step above a local cable station.

Fox News Channel finished No. 1 in all of basic cable in both primetime and total day viewers for the week of Aug. 1, while MSNBC beat CNN for the 11th time in 2016.

www.thewrap.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
When Fox News grasp on reality is too much for you, you go to Breitbart.
Well, this should really help Trump expand his support beyond the late middle aged, angry white male, conspiracy theorist demographic...

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I think they're gone now. Too much truth in here.

I'll go too. I don't want to interrupt the circle jerk of the Hillary sycophants.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Steve Bannon is quite the character. From Bloomberg

• He’s a former Goldman Sachs M&A banker who started a boutique investment bank with the guy who discovered the band Korn and managed the Backstreet Boys.
  • Owned a stake in Seinfeld (the sitcom) and 4 other shows
  • His motto is, "Honey badger don’t give a sh-t"
  • He hates Paul Ryan and is one of Sarah Palin's closest advisors
  • Before his death, Andrew Breitbart called Bannon the Leni Riefenstahl of the Tea Party.

So more Wall Street banker and showbiz/entertainer, not what I would have thought the Trump campaign needs. *shakes head*

Also, didn't Michelle Fields work for Breitbart? She was the reporter grabbed by former Trump campaign manager Lewandowski.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
If Trump wins,it's a great move.If he loses,it will be a bad move.Just like sports.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Sorry, I thought that the title talked about the major staff shake up, and she is the other half of it. I thought that discussing her was fair game...guess not.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
One of my favorite pundits from the right, Matt Mackowiak, just published another piece at thehill.com titled Hiring of Breitbart exec spells utter doom for Trump

He pulls no punches and is advocating for the GOP to dump trump asap. Twitter

Bannon is "a legitimately sinister figure, a "bully," and a "dictator" who is "prone to a lot of tirades." And that's just what former employees say about him.
In other words, Donald Trump hired a version of himself.

Bannon's hiring is a huge middle finger to campaign Chairman Paul Manafort.

Donald Trump and Steve Bannon may start a new media empire after the election. They will find a way to make money off this.

I've thought from the beginning of his presidential bid, that this was just a promo tour for the TRUMP brand.
edit on 8/17/2016 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
At this point what does any of this matter. Both choices put forth by our major parties are horrendous, and add to that you can barely if at all find a scrap of unbiased (spun like yarn) truth in the media anywhere. Even here on ATS all it is all day is agenda...agenda of the news sites we use, agenda of the poster, agenda...agenda...agenda. No where I have found is just plainly stating facts leaving it to the reader to make up their mind. Everyone wants to make up your mind for you. It's sad cause i like to keep up on current affairs at home and abroad. These days it's more about reading between the lines and figuring out what wasn't said more than what was said.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Heard this a couple times today. I think Trump is surrounding himself with his future Trump Media staff. Roger Ailes for Trump TV. Bannon Trump Online Media. Conway vice-president of ..... .

There may be no one else willing to risk their future career in political campaigning by working on a Trump campaign. There already is so little campaigning being done outside of Trump's speaking, maybe Trump IS thinking ahead to not winning and is turning the end game into planting the seeds for "go[ing] back to a very good way of life". He may have lost a nation, but he'll end up with a media empire. And that would suit him more. And he knows it.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I think that Trump may have never actually wanted Manafort. He was moved in at a time when Trump was trying to appease the establishment Republicans a bit, and I think that choice might have been some kind of compromise - an effort to make the campaign more traditional.

I think Trump is finally being himself again and saying - heck with that. He is doing what he thinks is best for his campaign. And, I think it could work. Trump is the opposite of a traditional politician, and for many people that is the attraction. So, let him do his own thing. I hope it works out, because Trump is the best hope this country has for a positive future.

edit on 8/17/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I really don't see anything as being too far fetched anymore - and the new crew is like a bunch of cartoon characters

I have to wonder if this wasn't Manafort's idea. He's still on the scene, but it looks like Trump is putting distance between him and his Russian connections. All for show. If Manafort is going to have legal problems now Trump has more of an out

Manafort doesn't impress me as the type that cares what people think of him - and he doesn't seem like someone you can just demote. He's got a job to do - whatever it takes

Or..... :-)

Maybe this is just what it looks like - Trump has to have everything his way

edit on 8/17/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

I really don't see anything as being too far fetched anymore - and the new crew is like a bunch of cartoon characters

That's what I thought.

It comes off as desperation to me.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
It's pathetic that Hillary needs to state a truism that applies to her as well...

""Hillary Clinton said Wednesday Donald Trump's staff shake-up wouldn't do much to alter the course of his campaign.
" 'When someone shows you who they are, believe them,' " Clinton said, citing Maya Angelou at a rally here. "I think it's fair to say that Donald Trump has shown us who he is."'

Source: www.cnn.com...

Hillary Clinton must honestly think that she's an angel, LOL!
edit on 8/17/2016 by carewemust because: oh my goodness!

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

lol the way he pronounced LGBQT in the last speech of his I heard sounded like he was putting those letters together for the first time in his life

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: 711117

If he did, what's wrong with that? It's not exactly an acronym that comes up in everyday conversation. I think I said it out loud once in my life.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

I think that Trump may have never actually wanted Manafort.

I think it might be fair to say that nobody ever really wants a Manafort

He was moved in at a time when Trump was trying to appease the establishment Republicans a bit, and I think that choice might have been some kind of compromise - an effort to make the campaign more traditional.

You think the GOP establishment picked Manafort - for Trump?

Manafort: Anti-Trump Republicans Have ‘Connections’ to Clinton Foundation

Breitbart, Manafort - and Trump...

Cozy

:-)

edit on 8/18/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: desert

There already is so little campaigning being done outside of Trump's speaking, maybe Trump IS thinking ahead to not winning and is turning the end game into planting the seeds for "go[ing] back to a very good way of life". He may have lost a nation, but he'll end up with a media empire. And that would suit him more. And he knows it.

This whole thing is just fascinating

If he doesn't lose and then bow out (gracefully or otherwise), and against all odds manages to pull this off - our new supreme leader will be wanting to sport a shiny new media arm he can call his own

It would work for more than just him regardless. It's not like Breitbart isn't part of some kind of fascist, nutjob mission statement. Bannon and Ailes have been working for years to chart a new course for this country...

NPR is going to have to step up it's game :-)
edit on 8/18/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Desperation - but also way too much crazy to be just desperation. I keep looking for the angle...

I think I might be well on my way to becoming a full fledged conspiracy theorist

:-)

Like Trump, maybe I need an intervention

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Yes, I do think that the GOP establishment picked Manafort.

This is from today:

Trump was clearly chafing at the efforts by Paul Manafort and others to transform him into a more choreographed and disciplined candidate.
Trump never got entirely comfortable with Manafort, who was brought in as designated grownup after the firing of Corey Lewandowski, who largely followed a “let Trump be Trump” philosophy. There was a feeling within the campaign that Manafort, a longtime lobbyist, was too tied to the Washington establishment and grumbling that he was spending some weekends in the Hamptons. Rightly or wrongly, Manafort is also blamed for the campaign’s weak infrastructure, including the lack of field offices in such battleground states as Florida.

I have a slight suspicion that Manafort was planted intentionally to sabotage the campaign, but I could be mistaken.

I like Trump's attitude:

"If you start pivoting, you’re not being honest with people."

Behind the sudden shakeup: Why Trump rebelled against being managed

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: desert

There already is so little campaigning being done outside of Trump's speaking, maybe Trump IS thinking ahead to not winning and is turning the end game into planting the seeds for "go[ing] back to a very good way of life". He may have lost a nation, but he'll end up with a media empire. And that would suit him more. And he knows it.

- our new supreme leader will be wanting to sport a shiny new media arm he can call his own

Just like the other candidate can call CNN their own....... right now, even before they're elected.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join