It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belief is just belief

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Youtube video that won't work..
edit on 17-8-2016 by blend57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

he asked if I believe in gods (small "g") which means men in scriptures. So I quoted the historical Jesus as proof there were god's then asked if we exist?

We do therefore I believe in gods.

Now to prove God omnipotent exists and is real is only subjective to those who believe in him and have experienced him in their lives. Can I in scientific way prove he lives all I can point to is the universe and all that surrounds us. But that does not satisfy. So all I have I y subjective understanding and his preserved word.

But you and others don't believe in God or his preserved word, so sorry.

edit on 17-8-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: ignorant_ape

he asked if I believe in gods (small "g") which means men in scriptures. So I quoted the historical Jesus as proof there were god's then asked if we exist?

We do therefore I believe in gods.

Now to prove God omnipotent exists and is real is only subjective to those who believe in him and have experienced him in their lives. Can I in scientific way prove he lives all I can point to is the universe and all that surrounds us. But that does not satisfy. So all I have I y subjective understanding and his preserved word.

But you and others don't believe in God or his preserved word, so sorry.

I don't do fairy tales.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue
a reply to: tikbalang

belief is the absence of knowledge.

I believe that it is safe to sit in a chair, that I will not fall through, or off, it. I believe this because I have a fairly large body of knowledge and experience of chairs.

Belief is an outcome of knowledge.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: 123143

a reply to: 123143No faith is not the absence of knowledge. Faith is based on knowledge and wisdom.

So you know for a fact that gods exist?

There are several mathematical and philosophical 'proofs of the existence of God'. Kurt Gödel's ontological proof (Wikipedia link) is probably the most robust (IMHO).

If you go to amazon.com and type in "proof" and "God" into the search, you get more than 112,000 results, the majority are books that propose to prove the existence of God through mathematics, science or philosophy.

I would say that proofs of the existence of God are overwhelming. It takes an enourmous amount of denial to not see that.

edit on 17/8/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

a reply to: 123143No faith is not the absence of knowledge. Faith is based on knowledge and wisdom.

There are several mathematical and philosophical 'proofs of the existence of God'. Kurt Gödel's ontological proof (Wikipedia link) is probably the most robust (IMHO).

If you go to amazon.com and type in "proof" and "God" into the search, you get more than 112,000 results, the majority are books that propose to prove the existence of God through mathematics, science or philosophy.

I would say that proofs of the existence of God are overwhelming. It takes an enourmous amount of denial to not see that.

Ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

aI didn't even know any of that. I just know he does. Now this will add fuel to my faith fire.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

a reply to: TzarChasm

If such a thing were to happen I would check it and what it had to say by God's preserved word.

One thing I do know is not to entertain devils for even one moment. You will open yourself up to possession. I've Seen it happen.

The floating head that appeared in my room in the middle of a moonless night. Never got to speak a word I asked Jesus to rebuke it and bind it and command it to leave and never come back. And it hasn't returned yet.

so what you are saying is that you would not know if a superhuman agency were lying to you. cool.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   

I would say that proofs of the existence of God are overwhelming. It takes an enormous amount of denial to not see that.

Ridiculous.

Yet, there it is, in defiance of your statement.

Gödel's proof, particularly, is compliant with the formalism of a mathematical proof, whether you agree with it or not, the proof exists.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   

I would say that proofs of the existence of God are overwhelming. It takes an enormous amount of denial to not see that.

Ridiculous.

Gödel's proof, particularly, is compliant with the formalism of a mathematical proof, whether you agree with it or not, the proof exists.

"There's a sucker born every minute."

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Ridiculous.

"There's a sucker born every minute."

Don't be so hard on yourself.

No man knows everything.

We all swim around in a bubble of sensation, in an ocean of mystery, sure that the bit we can sense directly is the whole story. But the ocean rolls on beyond us.

edit on 18/8/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: 123143

No, faith is the absence of proof

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   

No I am saying if it does agree withthe preserved word of God they are lying. But best to just not entertain them at all in this day because God in not communicating in that manner right now, so one needs to be leery of any beings who claims to be an angel, an alien, or ghost.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

No I am saying if it does agree withthe preserved word of God they are lying. But best to just not entertain them at all in this day because God in not communicating in that manner right now, so one needs to be leery of any beings who claims to be an angel, an alien, or ghost.

but what means do you have to, as they say, trust but verify? here is the thing. you cant do your homework on a perfect liar. we are assuming that an all powerful being possesses the capacity to be dishonest, because being realistic, we wouldnt know either way.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasmthe serpent was a perfect liar and deceived Eve. But upon knowing God's preserved word we can identify his lies and distortions very easy. in humanistic avenues you may (I wont) trust and verify but not when it comes to spiritual matters

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

a reply to: TzarChasmthe serpent was a perfect liar and deceived Eve. But upon knowing God's preserved word we can identify his lies and distortions very easy. in humanistic avenues you may (I wont) trust and verify but not when it comes to spiritual matters

"trust but verify" is particularly crucial when dealing with matters of the soul, supernatural insurance agencies, and eternity. indeed, you would be remiss not to exercise all due diligence. and you say that the serpent was/is the perfect liar...but have you forgotten how that snake came to be? did it just mysteriously spawn? no, it was created with purpose. there was an intent to its nature that existed before its nature did. that intent lies with the father of lies, if you will. the father of the traitor. this begs some real digging into the relationship between said father and said traitor. you know, trust but verify?

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasmActually it is only crucial if you re working with surgical instruments.

But when it comes to other beings and humans NO. Trust God that he has done what he said he would do and trust his preserved word and all other check by that word.

BTW, The serpent an the snake are not the same thing

some things are not in the Bible to verify and therefore are of little use to men in this world

edit on 18-8-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Hey tikbalang. I love scarab beetles. Do you think there is an extraterrestrial connection there?
edit on 9-10-2016 by truckfortruck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: truckfortruck

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join