It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belief is just belief

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   
One thing i learned in life, never try to persuade anyone who has a belief in something. The ones who tells me they are awake or awoken, still justify their claim with the simple word;" I know the truth, i see the truth "

What we are taught in life are many things, right or wrong is not for me to say.

But ive seen people awakening from their childhood dream, and its not a pleasant sight to see.. The ones who still has a belief rarely see the true nature of things, cause their mind could not grasp the reality once it strikes.. I had argues with people who believes more in a story than what daisy flower can tell, most cause they say.. I see the truth, while i wanted to say;" Maybe you were given tools, learn to use them. "

Going from one belief to another, wont make any difference if you cant unravel reality without breaking spirit and mind..
So every time someone tells me;" Just knock and you will be let in " Let me know when you have something to tell that i cant find for myself..

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

belief is the absence of knowledge.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

To know, is not to be wise, many men know a great deal, and are all the greater fools for it.

This is fun.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: solve

To know, is not to be wise, i.e, knowledge is not wisdom.... very good

cheers

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

no - belief is the assumption that what you do know is correct

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   
What is your reaction when someone says to you, "I believe in you."?
Do you automatically discount them as ...a fool?

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Have you not learned that from the time in the past and into the future there will be taxes, wars, death, hospitals and grave yards.

Enjoy the works of your hand, love your family and be happy for this is your lot in life given you by God.

Your belief that belief is just belief is your belief

edit on 17-8-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

belief is the absence of knowledge.

No, that would be faith.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: 123143No faith is not the absence of knowledge. Faith is based on knowledge and wisdom.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: 123143No faith is not the absence of knowledge. Faith is based on knowledge and wisdom.

So you know for a fact that gods exist?

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: 123143

I know that gods exist.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

i know its futile - but EVIDENCE ?

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape
yes it is futile for you do not believe God's word the Holy Bible, but I will try.

Jesus said we were all gods. do we exist.?

John 10:34, 35 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

I believe that gods exist.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I know that gods exist.

Prove it.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: 123143just did read the post above your asking for proof.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

yes it is futile for you do not believe God's word the Holy Bible, but I will try.

John 10:34, 35 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

history tells us there are many gods from many lands by many names. some of them are friendly and some are more mischevious, according to legend. much like humankind. but how do you know which god specifically you encountered? and the reason i ask this is because if a particularly playful being of an advanced nature decided to have some fun with you, there is no way you could know what they actually were or what they really wanted. hence 'belief'.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

If such a thing were to happen I would check it and what it had to say by God's preserved word.

One thing I do know is not to entertain devils for even one moment. You will open yourself up to possession. I've Seen it happen.

The floating head that appeared in my room in the middle of a moonless night. Never got to speak a word I asked Jesus to rebuke it and bind it and command it to leave and never come back. And it hasn't returned yet.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

So you're relying on a book written by men.

No, that doesn't constitute evidence. That, again, is faith, which is not informed by fact.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Are you saying you would not trust even the historical words of Jesus as proof of gods?

No I am relying on God's promise to preserve his word to every generation despite men trying to pervert it.

That is true faith

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
and the prize for fastest descent to circular reasoning goes to _ chesterjohn

we saw it coming - but dammit - that was fast

<<   2 >>

join