It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The less i know

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Somehow i always thought the more you know, the wiser you are.. So i dug into every subject i could get my hands on and the more i learned the less i knew, the more i realized its bipedal primates trying to grasp a simple reality..
I learned that people make up stories to grasp what they dont know, Neil deGrasse calls it - The perimeter of ignorance.
Maybe things, just maybe things arent complicated. I can live a thousand lives through others eyes simply by reading, or i can live a fulfilling life without imaginary ideals..
Its stories and imagination that is human, its an ideal.. You and I, we are bipedal primates just here for one thing and one thing only.

Maybe i have problem swimming in the world humans created, but i have no problem swimming where life was created..

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

The more you learn, the more you want to know. Once you realize a topic is so big, you may think you know less. That is not true.

Stories and imagination exercise the mind and lead to new ideas.

You are where life, as we know it, was created. Humans added to it.

We are not here for one thing only. That is a device of small thinking. Of course we are here for more.

Your post causing me to answer is a good proof of that.
edit on 17-8-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Tell me what you do in a day, tell me when you did something the last time for the first time? Write down the last seven days what you did, and then explain it to me quote;" Of course we are here for more. " With the Topic you just wrote.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Latley has not been so good for anything of great note. My mother passed away and I fractured my foot in June, causing me great pain just walking about on some days, not on others. But I think still, little things I do are important.

I did something for the first time about a week ago, I will not say what it is.

In the last 7 days, I have accomplished clearing out my home of 14 years so I can move to an apartment. Partially by paying someone, partially by myself in pain. I have a huge house that is falling apart.

I have found ways to pay the bills and feed my cats.

I became un-post banned from here.

I have attempted to be nice, to be much more nice to poeple online and offline that I might generaly not have been to.

I take cabs a lot. Usually ever cab drive is foreign, I ask what country they are from and then say 'I am happy to meet someone from ___ country".

I call my aunt every day because her basenji dog is very ill and may die soon and she is very upset about that.

I try to practice coding at CodeAcademy.

I sought out a former boss from 1993 on facebook. I sent him polaroid pictures of him with me and other employees from thatn time, he was very happy to see them.

Besides trying to limp around emptying my house, I think I have done some good this week and I probably missed some things.

I feel I have made some difference.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Sit down and take a cup of coffee, look outside.. That is all you need..

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang

I am not sure what you mean. I do look outside. I go outside. I occasionally have a cup of coffee in the morning.
edit on 17-8-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang

while eating a bacon sandwich

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
yup. the more you know, the more ignorant you realize you really are. That is, unless your ego controls you, then you start to act with hubris.

For me, its better just admitting that I do nothing important and my mark on this world will only be the footprint left behind. Some folks try to just wear bigger shoes and consume more wealth to leave a bigger footprint. And a few actually do just that.

But in the end, we all die. And once you are dead, all that doesn't matter. Seems like a big waste of effort to work so hard, just to end up at the finish line just like everyone else. The moment you die, whatever score you were keeping is reset to zero. Just like dust blown from the wind.

"Legacy" has a synonym in "shackles". Instead of being free to just be, you spend your time building a sand castle that eventually will just be washed away.

top topics

join