It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton Picks TPP and Fracking Advocate To Set Up Her White House

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
For anyone who thinks that Bernie Sanders candidacy may have shifted Hillary's policies in a leftward direction, this article offers a sobering look at the potential make-up of a Hillary Clinton cabinet.

theintercept.com...

TWO BIG ISSUES dogged Hillary Clinton during the Democratic primary: the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade agreement (TPP) and fracking. She had a long history of supporting both.

Under fire from Bernie Sanders, she came out against the TPP and took a more critical position on fracking. But critics wondered if this was a sincere conversion or simply campaign rhetoric.

So it looks like her anti TPP stance and position on fracking is just that, campaign rhetoric.

And now she has named former Colorado Democratic Senator and Interior Secretary Ken Salazar to be the chair of her presidential transition team — the group tasked with helping set up the new administration should she win in November. That includes identifying, selecting, and vetting candidates for over 4,000 presidential appointments.

As a senator, Salazar was widely considered a reliable friend to the oil, gas, ranching and mining industries. As interior secretary, he opened the Arctic Ocean for oil drilling, and oversaw the botched response to the BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. Since returning to the private sector, he has been an ardent supporter of the TPP, while pushing back against curbs on fracking.

In terms of the quite scary looking TPP, a Clinton presidency will offer no solace. For environmental issues, ditto.

edit on 16-8-2016 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

I begrudginly supported Sanders because I believed him to be the only chance we had at not being forced into a Hillary presidencey.

When he came out and declared that he "would do everything he could to make sure she is president" I began immediately bashing him. Whether he is a coward or a shill makes no difference to me.

"she is going to implement his policies, so he has to support her" LOL funniest response I got from Bernie supporters attempting to defend this backstabber.

I found this to be absolute gold, anyone who buys this nonsense clearly has no idea how things work with the puppet masters in the background.

She defines Globalist, although she is simply one of their lapdogs!
edit on America/ChicagoTuesdayAmerica/Chicago08America/Chicago831pmTuesday10 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I think both candidates are suffering from a dearth of 'qualified candidates' willing to be part of their administrations; Trump can't even get anyone un-hinky to participate in his campaign.

Salazar probably knows everybody including where the bodies are buried and which closet the skeletons are in; I can't imagine a more difficult job to hire the best person for than Chief of Staff, which this position usually morphs into.

Sigh. Looks like I'm overdue for another West Wing marathon. Why can't reality mimic fiction when the fiction is GOOD? The only time I see reality mimic fiction is when it's violent and/or insane. Or maybe, laughable.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

We all feel betrayed by Sanders at this point. But I will say that he might have a small chance to make it up to us by coming out against Hillary for this and what I'm sure to be more and more of her "Business as usual" actions as she gains more power and control over he destiny of becoming the next President.

Bernie, if you're listening. For most people you're already gone. For some you're holding on by a thread as to whether or not you'll ever be viewed as credible again. If you want to still exist DO NOT LET HILLARY BRUSH YOU AND WHAT SHE CHANGED BECAUSE OF YOU BE LAUGHED OFF ONCE SHE'S IN POWER. You have one chance before becoming not just a lost hero but a new enemy!!!

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: elementalgrove

We all feel betrayed by Sanders at this point. But I will say that he might have a small chance to make it up to us by coming out against Hillary for this and what I'm sure to be more and more of her "Business as usual" actions as she gains more power and control over he destiny of becoming the next President.

Bernie, if you're listening. For most people you're already gone. For some you're holding on by a thread as to whether or not you'll ever be viewed as credible again. If you want to still exist DO NOT LET HILLARY BRUSH YOU AND WHAT SHE CHANGED BECAUSE OF YOU BE LAUGHED OFF ONCE SHE'S IN POWER. You have one chance before becoming not just a lost hero but a new enemy!!!

What blows my mind about Sanders is that he has been historic in his stances and no one can knock him for this. What utterly infuriated me was when he snubbed the Green party and Jill Stein's offer.

What we need more than anything is the break up of the 2 party system of elite control. If he only would have joined with them we would have seen the Green Party win the presidency.

This would have led to a revolution within every state with Green partiers replacing the democrats. Hell it would have even paved the way for the libertarian party to actaully get some recognition.

This is where I find Sanders the most guilty. Either of short sightedness or lack of belief in the actual revolution that is boiling under the surface of MSM psy-ops.
edit on America/ChicagoWednesdayAmerica/Chicago08America/Chicago831amWednesday12 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove

This is where I find Sanders the most guilty. Either of short sightedness or lack of belief in the actual revolution that is boiling under the surface of MSM psy-ops.

That. This pretty much says it all right there.

Sometimes I think I understand and am ok with it. Other times I'm like WTF!! Either way though, it is what it is and that's it so what can ya do??

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I don't hate many things, but Hillary and her Masters are top of the list.

My rage is barely contained.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

The Clinton's are well known for their "political triangulation", a philosophy which began with Bill Clintons advisor Dick Morris. Used as it was by an elitist such as Clinton, the philosophy blurs the lines between elitism and populism. It seeks continual power and gain for the politician, family, friends, and favours, while keeping the public happy through pandering and empty promises.

In the words of Huey Long:

"Those of you who come in with me now will receive a big piece of the pie. Those of you who delay, and commit yourselves later, will receive a smaller piece of pie. Those of you who don't come in at all will receive - Good Government!"

In the end triangulation is about keeping as many people as possible happy, while rendering the party and the platform hollow of any principle. They cannot keep the promises, or if they do, it's some half-hearted attempt at it, like "don't ask don't tell". She did it against Bernie; she's doing it against Trump. It's a racket.

Bernie was the true voice of the left and was a man of principle.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I think you need to cut Bernie some slack. I believe his and his families' lives were threatened and that is the reason why he folded so completely and has gone relatively silent.

Clearly Clinton will adopt none of his policies.

edit on 17/8/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

join