It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Moore: Trump is self-sabotaging his campaign.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I like poking the hornets nest, Buzzy.
That meme is brilliant by the way.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Exactly. All he had to do is just be cool and not open his mouth and vomit out a bunch of crazy stuff and he would have had done. Easy win.

But he's made himself into a complete Public Relations Nightmare. His staff must just tear their hair out every time he speaks without a prompter.

But at the same time he can't look like he's trying to lose on purpose. He has to fool people into thinking he's kind of out of his mind without being too obvious about it.

Because he doesn't want people to hate him for it. But they would now because he's so popular. He likes the popularity but doesn't want that job. That would be a tough position to be in and come up with a believable way of getting out without people knowing about it.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
LOL!!! Whatever. Good lord. Please don't applaud the masses' misguided typings.

Please.

Most of my Threads go exactly like that actually. So much so that your picture has no emotional effect at all. I totally identify with that picture. Only the people responding tend to not be as funny as your picture. They seem to write things a bit more hateful and personal than that usually. But the idea is still the same.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Naturallywired

Let's be clear. If Trump wins - the media loses.

That alone proves that you don't know what you're talking about.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Yep ...Trump is trying to kill his chance....so try harder!
Cheers

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I have wondered before if Michael Moore is a professional disinfo agent.

I noticed that he stopped short of saying that Trump MIGHT be intentionally sabotaging his own campaign because he is longtime friends with the Clintons and used to exchange political favors for donations, so he might just be intentionally helping Hillary win.

^^^BUT that is exactly the kind of connection that Michael Moore 'should' be interested in....it's the type of thing he is 'known' for.

He has always been at least somewhat critical of democrats...not just republicans.

And, he's been a critic of Hillary in the past. In 2008, he endorsed Obama and said Hillary and Bill were 'disgusting' and 'racist.'

But he didn't even touch on the Clinton/Trump friendship conflict of interest.

So, I guess I feel like Moore is probably slinging more disinfo to help explain why Trump is doing things that seem to be strategically hurting his campaign.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

You're working under the impression that Trump doesn't want it.

I think he does. But he's far from conventional, so you get people like Moore who can't understand when someone doesn't act like a cut and dried politician.

The important thing to take away from this election is that win or lose, this election will determine if anyone else outside of the establishment ever has a chance.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Don't tell that to the 5000+ ATS members who just voted for Trump in our online poll m0j0m.

They'll be devastated.

www.poll-maker.com...

How do you prove they are all ATS members? ATS stats as of now, 2,223 members visited in the past 24 hours!

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Do you mean he's trying to help make excuses for Trump losing to lessen the negativity toward him or increase it???

Or do you mean he's doing it to lessen Clinton's Victory somehow???

Because I thought about maybe it's Michael's sneaky way of steering the opinion of voters but I can't see what the angle would be exactly. Plus his image he tries to put out is that he's a Truth teller. Regardless of whether or not you agree or disagree, that's the image he wants people to have of him. So making such a claim would also put that image at risk if he was proven to be just making it up completely to fool people.

I don't know why he'd say he knew for sure about it like that or what exactly his angle would be if it's his attempt at effecting who wins.

What angle do you think he'd be trying to use if in fact he just made the whole thing up??

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
You're working under the impression that Trump doesn't want it.

That's the theory yes. But not because of an impression I get. Because Micheal Moore is flat out saying he knows it for a fact.

That's makes it a bit different.

Other people have said the same as that was the impression they got. An ex staffer of Trump a while back came out with the same story and said she KNEW that is what happened too. So that makes two people who say that IS what's happening and it's not because they think it is, but because they know it is.

Now, I don't know if they're right obviously. But it does make sense in many ways and explains a lot of things while at the same time both of those sources claim to know it's true and are in a position to possible actually know whether it is or not.

For me it's just a possible theory that is seeming more possible all the time. But who knows for sure.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Ok. So here is Micheal Moors original Blog post where he talks more about his claim.

Blog Post.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

A lot of people feel like me: Trump is a Clinton plant.

I've felt that way all along, but lately I've seen more op-eds discussing the possibility.

Every step of the way, Trump has taken the best course of action to nab the GOP nomination from the 16 other boring candidates, AND, at the same time, throw the general election. You can win the GOP primary by appealing to the 'un-PC crowd,' but you cannot win a general election by alienating every minority voting bloc.

So, I think Moore is just trying to explain why Trump is strategically throwing this election: He was never serious about it to begin with.

But, Trump's friendship with the Clintons should give Moore pause to consider the possibility that Trump is intentionally helping Hillary win. Michael Moore has built his career on exposing corruption in both parties.

But, he didn't go there. So I raise my eyebrow at him, once again.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I see what you're saying now. Possible.

But then again, maybe he's not really friends with the Clinton's like you think. According to his Ghost Writer and a few others who spent lot's and lot's of time around him, Trump doesn't really have friends. He knows a lot of people and invites them to events and deals with them but he doesn't get close to anyone like that.

They say he's really quite lonely and to himself and when he's not he's the Character "Trump". That's what he projects and that's what he wants people to see him as but really he's not that extroverted at all. That's just the image or character he plays but his off time is just him mostly alone watching tv or whatever.

Because he's certainly not doing Hillary any favors by saying the stuff he's saying. It's making her numbers go to hell also.

At the same time, Hillary seems like the kind of person who also doesn't have real friends. She seems more like the all business and you're her friend in terms of what you can do for her and she'll fake the friendship and go through the motions and stuff but she's too robotic for something real on a personal level.

So maybe they aren't friends like people think. Just inviting someone to your wedding, especially when they're someone who you bribe for favors now and then, doesn't mean you're really friends. You're just business.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

because he is longtime friends with the Clintons and used to exchange political favors for donations, so he might just be intentionally helping Hillary win.

and thats exactly what i believe he is doing,the perfect way for someone as damaged as hillary is,to waltz into the presidency unopposed is to eliminate the competition. i`m not saying that they knew it would work but they had nothing to lose by trying.
trump not only successfully eliminated the republican competition (and thereby the only serious competition to hillary) but under the republican banner he has also taken this opportunity to seriously damaged the republican image and reputation by making hateful and racists comments.

There really can be no other logical explaination for what has transpired in this election.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Mr. Trump thanks you Michael.

You condemnation has given him 100,000 more votes.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Trump said he was the type of friends with the Clintons that he donated money in exchange for political favors. They have a long history as friends. He's given Hillary and Bill high, high praise. Records speak more to me than campaign rhetoric.

And there's this:

Bill & Donald had a conversation

I mean, Moore discussed Bush's Saudi friendships, in Fahrenheit 911..but he ignores even more evidence of a Clinton/Trump friendship?

I remain skeptical.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus

because he is longtime friends with the Clintons and used to exchange political favors for donations, so he might just be intentionally helping Hillary win.

and thats exactly what i believe he is doing,the perfect way for someone as damaged as hillary is,to waltz into the presidency unopposed is to eliminate the competition. i`m not saying that they knew it would work but they had nothing to lose by trying.
trump not only successfully eliminated the republican competition (and thereby the only serious competition to hillary) but under the republican banner he has also taken this opportunity to seriously damaged the republican image and reputation by making hateful and racists comments.

There really can be no other logical explaination for what has transpired in this election.

He sure doesn't seem loyal to the GOP, does he?

He's only weakened the party to the benefit of Democrats.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: RobotBomb
Mr. Trump thanks you Michael.

You condemnation has given him 100,000 more votes.

Not according to the most recent polls it hasn't.

But by all means, you're free to keep the dream alive as long as you can. But as everyone knows, you can't stay asleep forever and waking up from long slumbers can be rough.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
So - I just read this piece. This Michael Moore essay.

Yes. Trump is throwing this contest. That's what I've been saying, too. It is his VP "Mike Pence" that we need to fear. Trump's cooties are already dumped and distributed......now we have to see what he'll do.

I still say - I won't be surprised if he wins and then he refuses the job.......

and then (God, save us from your followers) Mike Pence becomes acting POTUS.....

edit on 8/16/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/16/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Trump said he was the type of friends with the Clintons that he donated money in exchange for political favors. They have a long history as friends. He's given Hillary and Bill high, high praise. Records speak more to me than campaign rhetoric.

I remain skeptical.

Ok. That doesn't sound like real great friends to me. That sounds exactly like what I said earlier. Business.

That's how you speak of Business "Friends". "Great people who I donate to and get favors from." Who talks about their true friends like that???

That's fine to be skeptical. I'm skeptical too. But I find it a fairly simple theory to put the pieces together and have them fit well and make a clear single picture in the end.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join