It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US conservative group attacks gay Spongebob Squarepants

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Blah blah blah, and the Flinstones and Rubbles are wife swappers, Lisa Simpson is a lesbian, and the Teletubbies are satanic demons that steal your soul......oh wait, that last one is true. As far as Trojan brand condoms advertised during Teletubbies... isn't Teletubbies shown on PBS? I don't recall many commercials of any kind on PBS...hmmm. And if you wanna get into connotations, anyone remember that CHRISTIAN show Davey and Goliath? heh.

Anyhow I applaud these types of groups for constantly giving me a pleasent laugh. So I guess if two little boys are holding hands crossing the street the Conseratives in question would pop a U-turn narrowly avoiding a collision just to scold the little tykes for being too queer? And what if one of them was wearing a spongbob backpack??? GASP! Funny stuff, I love wakkos.

And.. Oh snap.. Rainbows = gay so Kermit the Frog singing Rainbow connection = gay????? NOOO!!! I knew it, the whole piggy thing was a clever rouse!

[edit on 24-1-2005 by Veltro]

[edit on 24-1-2005 by Veltro]

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Veltro
Teletubbies are satanic demons that steal your soul......oh wait, that last one is true.

I thought they were alien invaders conducting clandestine activities to acquire interpersonal linguistic skills to overtake mankind through social engineering and manipulation.

I don't recall many commercials of any kind on PBS...hmmm.

Oh yeah, forgot about the telethons, my bad. Just illustrating a point
as you very well in your post.

[edit on 24-1-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
I thought they were alien invaders conducting clandestine activities to acquire interpersonal linguistic skills to overtake mankind through social engineering and manipulation.

You just may be right on that one. Maybe the soul stealers are those Boo-Bahs?

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Apparently SpongeBob, featured on the children's cable channel Nickelodeon, is supposedly seen as an icon for adult gay men in the US because he regularly holds hands with his sidekick Patrick.

I saw some recent stuff about that show, with clip examples, and man...Spongebob isn't just gay, he's flamin'

Twitchy is absolutely right though, the V-chip will NOT censor out the inuendo in a G-rated show...so I can certainly see the point made there... How about Bert and Ernie on Sesame Street? C'mon man! Anybody remember Ren and Stimpy? Whoa!!!

I'm pretty much in full agreement with Twitchy on this one....

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   

You just may be right on that one. Maybe the soul stealers are those Boo-Bahs?

AAAAHHHH!!! Boo-Bahs! *falls on the ground and goes into a spastic fit*

[edit on 24-1-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
This is just silly. With all the trouble in world, someone has time to attach a cartoon. Looks like some radical Christian groups (and I am christian, not radical though) and the media have too much time on their hands.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join