It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ridding along in your average Ghetto in America

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: Edumakated

You think GOP politicians would do any better? I doubt it.

I didn’t politicize the op because I don’t think political ideology has much to do with it.

It’s a social problem and may be affected by politics somewhat but not entirely

Bill Cosby had some good ideas but was shouted down by the middle class black liberal elite.

It’s a social disease which has to do with people’s outlook on life. This has spread to the White prosperous class in the form of the heroin epidemic

I think the GOP could do better. Democrats basically promote the victimization narrative that acts like mental chains on the community's ability to do for themselves. Most of these cities have been under liberal Democrat control from school boards to police chiefs to city councils and mayors for the past 50 years.

The policies pushed are often the very policies that create these conditions.

Schools? Most in the community support charter schools and school choice. But liberal Democrats hold the teachers unions in higher regard than the black community. So Democrats fight to essentially keep blacks in these failing schools.

Single Parenthood? This is probably the biggest contributor of the destructive ghetto behavior. The growth in out of wedlock births ties directly to the liberal war on poverty. For decades, even directly after slavery and right through Jim Crow, the black family unit has always remained strong. It wasn't until we bought in to these welfare policies that replaced black men with government in these homes.

Illegal Immigration? This is a huge one. Most of these immigrants are primarily taking low skilled and lower wage jobs. They have destroyed the teen job market in these areas. Not only do you have young feral black males with no father figures, they also have little opportunities to actually work in their own communities. I see it everyday in Chicago. I drive through Austin and it is nothing but block after block of young black men hanging out on corners with nothing to do. In the past, these kids would be working somewhere which is what typically would keep them out of trouble.

You simply cannot ignore the connections between the present state of the black community and progressive politics. This isn't to say the GOP would be much better, but the reality is that we simply don't know as the last half century really has belonged to Democrats in these cities.

The reason progressive politics has little to do with the ghetto is simple.

Progressive politics is secular. There is no proof that the ghetto has even gotten any favors from progressives. Its a myth.

Sure a few poverty programs are there but their miniscule.

The breakdown of the inner city is based on poverty primarily which breeds other social diseases. The people are just poor.

Its not that the people in the ghetto are poor it’s that poor people go to the ghetto because it’s affordable---the acute diseases are already there.
...and now there spreading to the rich and well off neighborhoods.

Heroin addiction in the white suburbs is now a crises

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

ASK!? Dang, I was only musing about something I see as a creeping death on the world... meaning, rather obviously, islam.

Honestly, I've always been one to think positively of any and EVERYBODY ...but for these days, I can't. I simply CAN'T. I'd absolutely love to be proven wrong. But so far, it ain't happenin', and I don't have that much time to waste waiting to see it.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rubicon3
a reply to: Willtell

ASK!? Dang, I was only musing about something I see as a creeping death on the world... meaning, rather obviously, islam.

Honestly, I've always been one to think positively of any and EVERYBODY ...but for these days, I can't. I simply CAN'T. I'd absolutely love to be proven wrong. But so far, it ain't happenin', and I don't have that much time to waste waiting to see it.

Islam means three things: peace, submission, and safety

Indeed there will come a time when God will demand in some form obedience.

But it won’t be from any religion, believe me. So you don’t have to worry about that.

But you do have to worry about the days we no longer have what we have come to expect: that is choice.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join