It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ridding along in your average Ghetto in America

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
There are no taverns, nightclubs, 7-11’s, forget a bank and even rarer, surprisingly, except on main drags are gas stations.

Most of the schools are closed, abandoned to some hidden charter school hiding somewhere in the community

Every other house is abandoned on most residential blocks and some areas look like Europe after WWII.

You might find a liqueur store and only Dominican run bodegas instead of 7-11’s or Arab chicken joints rather than McDonalds. All the store keepers are all safely behind barricades in their establishment, that includes the Chinese restaurants who seem to be able to survive in the hood.

No boys clubs, rarely are parks filled and if they are no body ever goes in then for fear of being raped or mugged or worse

I remember rolling down a major street one day going to the job and low and behold see a guy stiffly lying on the street on his face with his kegs jointing up and immediately I said to myself---that guy is dead!

Sure enough the county police were just riding up to the scene with oglers all over the place eying the dead man. Its turns out he had just tried to rob a pawn shop and was beaten to the draw by the proprietor.

You might have a Dunkin Donuts store surviving…everybody eats Dunkin Donuts and drinks their coffee but no major drug stores can survive.

Only near Hospitals, universities, can viable restaurants or any convenience stores survive so that the only area you’ll find them open.

Be careful when you pull up at a light you might run into a group of gang members with guns on their hips…always be ready to run that red light for your life to safety

The problem one sees clearly is that the people are just too poor. And always too black in your average American inner city

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Truly sad.

The political systems have failed as usual.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

That sounds so morbid

Yes the System is in failure mode and it's only getting worse.

Sad to see this, we have the best technology the world has ever seen now, and yet, starvation is still there. People deserve better than this, it makes me angry just thinking about it.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

All the store keepers are all safely behind barricades...
The problem one sees clearly is that the people are just too poor. And always too black in your average American inner city

The store owners have barricades for a reason.
The real problem is that only a few people can turn a neighborhood into a ghetto. People move out of a ghetto when they can. Others move into a ghetto when there is no place else to go. Wino's, drug dealers, gang bangers, hookers, degenerates, and the untreated mentally ill make life miserable for those who remain and can't leave. Taxi's won't drive into the area, buses avoid those areas, cops only go in when they are called and firemen are shot at for trying to save the slum. Now, it's all about territory. Gangs will shoot each other because they have on the wrong color socks or because somebody else is trying to sell dope on that block. Real people do live there. Scum seems to float to the top in these areas and suffocate those underneath. Basically, the ghettos exist because high rise public housing is just around the corner. I know of which I speak.
edit on 16-8-2016 by atrollstalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Your story surely sounds creepy for many folks here but I've been living in Newark, NJ for about 15 years.

edit on 16-8-2016 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

I know Newark well.

Newark haS good areas and bad.

Newark, Inner city Chicago, LA, Detroit, Washington DC, there all the same.

Back in the day I lived in the South ward when the Jews where still there.

Beth Israel Hospital area

edit on 16-8-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Truly sad.

The political systems have failed as usual.

I would say the Cultural system of the area has failed. There are many many poor places in the world where people do not resort to killing each other.

RA

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Yea Dallas intercity south is worse, it's always live and crazy.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Yep things have gotten much worse the past 8 years under Obama/Clinton.

Four more years of the same by electing Clinton will be even more devastating.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Or as a great man once said.

"They dont live so good over there. ***points** ghettos are the same all over the world..they stink."

Bonus points to who ever can tell me where that line comes from with out using google fu (a hint)
edit on 16-8-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
What has to be understood is that there is no commerce in the inner city.
The people are just poor.

But years ago, take Newark for instance, I made a good living selling woman’s clothes in bars at night. A dam good living. The thing is there are no more bars in the inner cities any more.

It’s a war zone and an economic disaster

Milwaukee is a prime example. That riot has come out of the very environment I describe

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Well, let me tell you I never saw a jew in my area. Couple of times some Mormon elders but those guys are everywhere and they have magic underwear.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I just answer the door naked when mormons and Jehovah's witnesses show up. I insist theyre at the right place and invite them in. After that they go to every apartment but mine.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Poverty is not the biggest contributing factor.

Black families did much better in the fifties even though they were much poorer and racism was much worse.

Anyone who is serious about evidence need only compare black communities as they evolved in the first 100 years after slavery with black communities as they evolved in the first 50 years after the explosive growth of the welfare state, beginning in the 1960s.

You would be hard-pressed to find as many ghetto riots prior to the 1960s as we have seen just in the past year, much less in the 50 years since a wave of such riots swept across the country in 1965.

We are told that such riots are a result of black poverty and white racism. But in fact -- for those who still have some respect for facts -- black poverty was far worse, and white racism was far worse, prior to 1960. But violent crime within black ghettos was far less.

Murder rates among black males were going down -- repeat, DOWN -- during the much lamented 1950s, while it went up after the much celebrated 1960s, reaching levels more than double what they had been before.

Most black children were raised in two-parent families prior to the 1960s. But today the great majority of black children are raised in one-parent families.

www.pennlive.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Lots of "Yep, I identify, I get it, it's true" Not much "how are we going to change this obvious atrocity"...

What are you fellas going to do? There must be something you can do, right?

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
2 points:

We need in America, I'm convinced, some kind of a moral revival.

A new paradigm or something.

A religious universal movement that includes some kind of moral and ethical element.

The millennialls have no guidance

The ghetto btw is getting out to the suburbs in terms of Heroin use.

Its blowing up in the white community

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

I just answer the door naked when mormons and Jehovah's witnesses show up. I insist theyre at the right place and invite them in. After that they go to every apartment but mine.

I once did a similar thing, I wrapped a chefs apron around me and picked my cat up and a massive kitchen knife, I answered the door to a look of shear horror..

I stated yes can I help you I am just getting dinner ready for later!!... Not one call after that in 6 years

RA
edit on 16-8-2016 by slider1982 because: sp

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Got any video?

Heres some...

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

I do filipino knife work. Sometimes ill answer the door while in the middle of practicing. Most people dont take well to a crazy dude with wild hair standing there with a bolo in their hand (talibong itak in this case)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Ok so nobody here is cool enough to recognize that quote i supplied. For shame.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join